Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.:
    Um, do you realize that game came down to one possession?? Did you see the traveling call on a free layup and block by RA? Did you watch the same game?
    Posted by BiasLewis

So the Celtics didn't play good defense because it came down to one possession, is that what you're saying? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : I understand you want to put blame on everyone thats not carrying their load, not just BBD... but the point is for this game vs the TWolves.. nobody got waxxed like Big Baby did.
    Posted by Karllost

that's great.  so it's true.  and arguably it's all symantics.  you know, if i got too much coffee in me after a celts win and came on here pointed out how rondo and biedrins are fighting it out for the basement FT% in the league, following a lousy FT shooting game like rondo, i'd be assailed.

a win is a win.  davis got outrebounded by 23.  i think that is horrible.  i know he can do better and can't understand why for a guy who shows so much mobility doing other things on the floor, why can't he move his butt around better boxing people out?  i dunno.

but i chose to look at the whole team and the malaise that has enveloped others more so than it has davis the last few games that have been close squeakers.  i thought it was more meaningful to point out the fact that 2/3 of the personnel on the team leave something to be desired of in their recent performance.

and i'll tell you this, if we don't get something out of nate, marcheese and shak tonight, we are dead meat.  davis has historically done well against duncan and we'll see how he does against blair.  but i assert that our success in this game depends on rondo scoring some points, marcheese doing something, nate doing something other than a goose egg and shak being active on the glass, IN ADDITION to just davis being a sound rebounder.  right?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Considerind bb is seed of shaq is there any real surprise there? Fruit doesn't travel far from the tree unless its picked..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Oh whats Love got to do, got to do with it
    What's Love but a second hand emotion
    What's Love got to do, got to do with it
    Who needs a heart
    When a heart can be broken

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Oh whats Love got to do, got to do with it What's Love but a second hand emotion What's Love got to do, got to do with it Who needs a heart When a heart can be broken
    Posted by P34

Y Fierce, that's such a sweet old fashioned notion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Some of you need to hit spell check before you send out a post. Butchering names of C's players isn't a good look when you're a fan of the team. You see the names practically everyday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : Except Harangody got minutes against Love and he stunk up the joint.  I saw him do a good job boxing out twice, but that's the extent of his effectiveness.  The Celtics suffered their biggest deficit (10) after Davis went to the bench and Harangody replaced him and then came back and won the game when Davis came back and Harangody went to the bench.
    Posted by cpjohn1

I disagree. He did a much better job on the boards.That was fairly obvious. The title of this thread is explanation enough. Baby is clearly much better offensively. Baby didnt exactly shoot the lights out though either. He hit some big free throws. Baby neds to work on his rebounding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : I disagree. He did a much better job on the boards.That was fairly obvious. The title of this thread is explanation enough. Baby is clearly much better offensively. Baby didnt exactly shoot the lights out though either. He hit some big free throws. Baby neds to work on his rebounding.
    Posted by existentialparquet

Much better job on the boards?  Didn't he have 2 rebounds?  I guess that's much better. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : that's great.  so it's true.  and arguably it's all symantics.  you know, if i got too much coffee in me after a celts win and came on here pointed out how rondo and biedrins are fighting it out for the basement FT% in the league, following a lousy FT shooting game like rondo, i'd be assailed. a win is a win.  davis got outrebounded by 23.  i think that is horrible.  i know he can do better and can't understand why for a guy who shows so much mobility doing other things on the floor, why can't he move his butt around better boxing people out?  i dunno. but i chose to look at the whole team and the malaise that has enveloped others more so than it has davis the last few games that have been close squeakers.  i thought it was more meaningful to point out the fact that 2/3 of the personnel on the team leave something to be desired of in their recent performance. and i'll tell you this, if we don't get something out of nate, marcheese and shak tonight, we are dead meat.  davis has historically done well against duncan and we'll see how he does against blair.  but i assert that our success in this game depends on rondo scoring some points, marcheese doing something, nate doing something other than a goose egg and shak being active on the glass, IN ADDITION to just davis being a sound rebounder.  right?!
    Posted by aciemvp

I agree with your post. I think you're getting too worked up about BBD and the criticism hes getting.

We came into this game and all the talk was about LOVE dominating the boards, even Doc discussed it.. it was a focal point.  Well, if Love finished the game with 7 rebounds..guess what.. there'd  be alot of posts of how great BBD did holding him down. 

If Derek Rose scored 48 against Rondo, thered be alot of posts about Rondos suspect defense. 

Many celtics are not playing well right now and Id attribute some of it to the new rotations and injuries. You get into a flow with teammates and then theyre gone. Start over.

You make good points but youre getting too upset with the criticism heaped on BBD. He deserved it for that one game because it was spotlighted and very noticable. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

Its over and done with now.. on to the Spurs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Some of you need to hit spell check before you send out a post. Butchering names of C's players isn't a good look when you're a fan of the team. You see the names practically everyday.
    Posted by BiasLewis

marcheese is spelled with cheese because of his likeness "in ice" that he puts around his neck, = cheesey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : Much better job on the boards?  Didn't he have 2 rebounds?  I guess that's much better. lol
    Posted by cpjohn1

He kept Love off of the boards. AND NO HE HAD 3! haha.

Sections
Shortcuts