Love to Lakers a Foregone Conclusion?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Love to Lakers a Foregone Conclusion?

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least one Eastern Conference executive seems to think so. Per Ken Berger of CBS Sports, an anonymous NBA executive said: "They [Wolves] should trade him. No one thinks he's staying. Everyone knows he wants to go to the Lakers."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920025-nba-rumors-latest-buzz-on-kevin-love-and-more-players-in-demand

That's why it's a bad idea if to expect the Celts to build through free-agency.

If the Celts and Lakers have cap space, who do you think Kevin Love will choose?

[/QUOTE]

This is o.k. with me as well.  I'm in the camp that Love is overrated.  In other words, Love would tear our team apart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At least one Eastern Conference executive seems to think so. Per Ken Berger of CBS Sports, an anonymous NBA executive said: "They [Wolves] should trade him. No one thinks he's staying. Everyone knows he wants to go to the Lakers."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920025-nba-rumors-latest-buzz-on-kevin-love-and-more-players-in-demand

That's why it's a bad idea if to expect the Celts to build through free-agency.

If the Celts and Lakers have cap space, who do you think Kevin Love will choose?

[/QUOTE]

This is o.k. with me as well.  I'm in the camp that Love is overrated.  In other words, Love would tear our team apart.

[/QUOTE]

I'm o.k. if the Celtics let Love go to the Lakers.  I'm o.k. if the Celtics decide not to become the Minnesota Timberwolves of the east.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It is a foregone conclusion that they will get players.  Can't be helped.  Love to the lakers doesn't scare me.......Love and Westbrook does!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The Los Angeles Lakers are the last thing in the world that the Celtics organization needs to worry about.  How's this for a foregone conclusion:  the Celtics and Lakers will not meet in the post-season for many years to come.

Now, the questions becomes "would it be nice to have Kevin Love?"  Of course it would; he isn't overrated.  He is perenially one of the best all around players in the league and an MVP candidate every single year he has been healthy enough to play a season out.  The last guy to put up his numbers - season in and season out - was Moses Malone.  He can shoot, pass, score, rebound, defend, play the post and shoot long range and he runs the floor.  That is the equivalent of a five tool baseball player...even better cause it's seven tools, but you get the idea.

Those who say they wouldn't want him are just sour grapes.

Soo..if he goes to the Lakers he's a bum, regardless of all that, because he would be a Laker.  If he comes to the Cs then he is the best big man in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Los Angeles Lakers are the last thing in the world that the Celtics organization needs to worry about.  How's this for a foregone conclusion:  the Celtics and Lakers will not meet in the post-season for many years to come.

Now, the questions becomes "would it be nice to have Kevin Love?"  Of course it would; he isn't overrated.  He is perenially one of the best all around players in the league and an MVP candidate every single year he has been healthy enough to play a season out.  The last guy to put up his numbers - season in and season out - was Moses Malone.  He can shoot, pass, score, rebound, defend, play the post and shoot long range and he runs the floor.  That is the equivalent of a five tool baseball player...even better cause it's seven tools, but you get the idea.

Soo..if he goes to the Lakers he's a bum, regardless of all that, because he would be a Laker.  If he comes to the Cs then he is the best big man in the game.

[/QUOTE]

No.  It's not sour grapes at all.  Love is a very good player, but he is not a franchise player.  There are many players I would prefer to have over Love.  Where has Minnesota gone with Love?  It's not like they are a terrible team.  They have a good point guard in Rubio and a good center with Pekovic and the team is barely over .500.  Love is not on LeBron's level or even close.  Damn good player, yes, but franchise savior?  No.  I would take Dirk Nowitzki in his prime over Love.  Almost every time I see Love play against the Celtics I come away unimpressed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

OK, well, get back to me when you land LeBron or Nowitski in his prime.  You are setting up impossibe scenarios and using them to denigrate Kevin Love??  You can't have EVERYTHING you know.  Teams like the 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers come along to your hometown once in a generation.  Rubio isn't Rondo.  Pekovic is good, no doubt.

I never called Love a franchise savior, but name 5 guys not named Lebron, Durant or Cousins (or some historical impossibility) you'd rather have in the middle.  I mean, you're right, I'd rather have Hakeem Olajuwan or Kareen Abdul-Jabbar, but I don't have a time machine laying around and I'm not sure what the salary cap implications are for a time machine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Danny might have a time machine...I think those Mormons are sneaky...I think they're hiding something in that palace by the lake

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

and furthermore, the idea behind my post was basically, who gives a rat's rectum what the Lakers do with anything?...it has precisely zero bearing on the Celtics for the forseeable future

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like your deductive reasoning...

Love/ Lakers= Bum

Love/Celtices=Superstar

Therefore Love=Superstar/Bum

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

OK, well, get back to me when you land LeBron or Nowitski in his prime.  You are setting up impossibe scenarios and using them to denigrate Kevin Love??  You can't have EVERYTHING you know.  Teams like the 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers come along to your hometown once in a generation.  Rubio isn't Rondo.  Pekovic is good, no doubt.

I never called Love a franchise savior, but name 5 guys not named Lebron, Durant or Cousins (or some historical impossibility) you'd rather have in the middle.  I mean, you're right, I'd rather have Hakeem Olajuwan or Kareen Abdul-Jabbar, but I don't have a time machine laying around and I'm not sure what the salary cap implications are for a time machine.

[/QUOTE]

I guess this is my point and I'll answer without the same dickish tone that you seem to be unable to not adopt.  I'm against using max level money for non-franchise players.  Yes, by all means, bring in Love.  Give him a max deal along with Rondo so they occupy around 70% of the cap space.  This is a championship nucleus?  I think it's a slightly over .500 team....maybe a little better because we play in the east, but certainly not contenders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess this is my point and I'll answer without the same dickish tone that you seem to be unable to not adopt.  I'm against using max level money for non-franchise players.  Yes, by all means, bring in Love.  Give him a max deal along with Rondo so they occupy around 70% of the cap space.  This is a championship nucleus?  I think it's a slightly over .500 team....maybe a little better because we play in the east, but certainly not contenders.

[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense for the Lakers to go after Love.  They have Kobe and will still have cap space to bring in another big free agent.  That's the perfect scenerio for a Love signing.  If the Celtics were in the same situation, I would be salivating over Love.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense for the Lakers to go after Love.  They have Kobe and will still have cap space to bring in another big free agent.  That's the perfect scenerio for a Love signing.  If the Celtics were in the same situation, I would be salivating over Love.

[/QUOTE]

I'll revise my opinion.  There is a time and place to sign a non-franchise player to a max deal.  When the talent base of your team is sufficient enough so a non-franchise player can come in and put you over the top.  If the Celtics are lucky enough to land a top talent in this years draft and next years draft, then bringing in someone like Love would be a great move.  We would have young, impactful talent with manageable contracts so we could abosrb someone like Love without it hindering us.  Right now, the Celtics do not have that talent base, so Love would merely bring us back to mediocrity.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

enough of love please. is minny a playoff team right now? are they making the playoffs? i dont think so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

LOVE WAS BORN TO PLAY FOR THE LAKERS

ONLY OTHER OPTION FOR LOVE WOULD BE TO JOIN LeBRON IN MIAMI FOR ONE SEASON (OR TWO IF THEY HAVE A SHOT TO REPEAT) BEFORE GOING TO LA......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

you dont get franchise players...that's why theyre franchise players...we were unlucky with Duncan and the Oden-Durant draft.  (Imagine if we had picked first in that draft...the sure-thing franchise player, Oden, turned out to be a gimpy scrub)

My contention is the Celtics need a legitimate starting center and some luck in the draft.  I can't really be too bothered by the salary implications.  It is what it is.  Danny is doing fine and has positioned us well.  Kobe isn't taking any team anywhere.  How does Miami carry Lebron, Allen, Bosh and Wade?  you gotta take your chances and have some luck.  Rondo and Love would be a fantastic nucleus.  Sully slides to his natural position.  Can we also pay Gordon Hayward and also get a high draft pick?  Sounds like a fantastic NBA squad to me.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you dont get franchise players...that's why theyre franchise players...we were unlucky with Duncan and the Oden-Durant draft.  (Imagine if we had picked first in that draft...the sure-thing franchise player, Oden, turned out to be a gimpy scrub)

My contention is the Celtics need a legitimate starting center and some luck in the draft.  I can't really be too bothered by the salary implications.  It is what it is.  Danny is doing fine and has positioned us well.  Kobe isn't taking any team anywhere.  How does Miami carry Lebron, Allen, Bosh and Wade?  you gotta take your chances and have some luck.  Rondo and Love would be a fantastic nucleus.  Sully slides to his natural position.  Can we also pay Gordon Hayward and also get a high draft pick?  Sounds like a fantastic NBA squad to me.

[/QUOTE]

Love is not a Center.

You said the Celts need a legit starting Center.

Love is NOT a Center.

[/QUOTE]

aldridge can play the role of kg. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

love and pekovic play 4 and 5...Love will suffice as a legitimate starting center....he played the 5 for years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

aldridge can play the role of kg. 

[/QUOTE]

True.

Unfortunately, Aldridge doesn't want to leave Portland anymore.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-12/lamarcus-aldridge-blazers-contract-extension-deal-re-sign-damian-lillard-neil-olshey

Alridge, who agreed to a five-year, $65 million in 2009, said he would be willing to sign a new deal to stay in Portland. His contract is set to expire at the end of the 2014-15 season.

"I would like to re-sign here," he says. "If they want to talk about it, I would talk about it. They haven't yet, but I'm looking forward to the chance to do that."

[/QUOTE]

for now its impossible but who knows what will happen after this season. if t rob pans out, he'll become expendable. just like what they did to rasheed wallace when z bo panned out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I can give two rats @$$ what the FAKERS do!!!!  No to K. Love.  He hasn't proven he can even carry Minny to the post season.  Even going to the FAKERS they want be relevant in the West for a long time.   We must have some closet FAKER fans around here.

25. This post has been removed.