Loving Jeff green lately... Was the perk trade still worth it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JZ313. Show JZ313's posts

Loving Jeff green lately... Was the perk trade still worth it?

Jeff green is starting to look like a good, young core player . What Danny envisioned trading Perk for. It may have cost us a championship but if Jeff green keeps this play up, was the OKC trade worth it in retrospect? Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Loving Jeff green lately... Was the perk trade still worth it?

J. Green and F. Melo (if I am not mistaken)! Also remember they still own the bird rights on Kristic!

Good value for a tough, but sub-par center!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Yep, Green is just coming into his own and will keep improving for years to come. Plus he is exciting to watch on an otherwise non eciting team. Perk's a big, a very big big. His game hasn't evolved much at all. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only way it wouldn't have been worth it is if someone could tell you for 100% sure that the '11 or '12 Celtics would have won a title with Perk and Nate Robinson over Green. Green gave us nothing in '11 and was out for the entire season last year, but since he is currently so much better than Perk thats the only reason to reverse the deal and its impossible to know for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This point would be moot if Krstic didn't go to Russia.  If he was here and giving us 25 mins, 10/8, this would be a steal!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Green is and will be better.......Perk what he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We'd beat Miami in game 7 last year with either Green(recovering from heart surgery) and/or Avery Bradley.

We'd beaten OKC in 5 or 6 with both. We've had bad luck timing with injuries as we'd bearten LA in 2010 had Perk not gone down in Game 6.

On the other hand, with or w/o Rondo and Sully, I don't think we'd won this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Jeff Green still isn't worth 9mil.   What, for a blocked shot every once in a while?   He still can't can't hit more than one jumper in a row.   Against Nuggets only 2 rebounds.   20 points against Nuggets?   You noticed that he didn't score down the stretch when the Cs needed someone to score.   KG and PP didn't score either?   Yea, but they are in their mid thirties.   8yrs ago they were nearly unstoppable.   All-stars!   Next game JG might score 8pts (and still get 2 boards).   He can't slow down Carmello or LBJ.   You are really fans.   One dunk or blocked shot and you think someone should be in the HOF.   You notice that w/ JG being 6'9 he still got dominated by Fareed!   What would you rather have Fareed's 16 boards or JG's 20pts?   Fareed is much more dominant (as is Sanders of the Bucks who also gangstered JG) and isn't getting close to 9mil.
       Again, fools gold.   Sharman, Havlichek, Charlie Scott, Larry, Reggie, PP are all all-star sf of the Cs thru the yrs.   JG and his 9mil is nowwhere close!   There are 8 players of JG's size who are much better for half the $ (see my old post).   Don't believe the hype.   When PP and KG retire, then the Cs will be bottom dwellers if have to depend on JG!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JZ313. Show JZ313's posts

No one said he is hall of fame worthy but is definitely playing his way into possible future all star realm. And his defense is pretty good and can shut down some of the top scoters on any given night. Jeff green should be a core player to build around, not THE core player but I definitely would not mind him as a big part of our nucleus going forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The only way it wouldn't have been worth it is if someone could tell you for 100% sure that the '11 or '12 Celtics would have won a title with Perk and Nate Robinson over Green. Green gave us nothing in '11 and was out for the entire season last year, but since he is currently so much better than Perk thats the only reason to reverse the deal and its impossible to know for sure.

True, no one knows what would have happened but we do know, that our starting five outplayed the heat's starting in those five games. outscored them, by a very small margin in large part because we had size with Jermaine, and KG on the floor at the same time.. The bench was the difference as our bench of Krystic, Green, Murphy, Von Wafer, West,  Arroyo,  and Baby were killed by the Heat.

Green is a solid player but he didn't know our system. And perk would have moved Jermaine O''neil to the bench (he played pretty good that series.) where he could have helped with rebounding and the porous defense our bench played in that series and insured we had a size advantage throughout the game.

I think we lost some of our identity when we lost Perk.  Green is a better player and I like him alot, but when you have the best team in the league (which we had that year), there is no need to break it up. Ainge blundered IMHO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Future all-star my foot.   JG WILL NEVER be an all-star.   Athleticism doesn't make you an all-star.   And, he has fair body controll (remember all the 'hang time' PP use to have).   Smith of ATL hasn't made the team and he's much better - more productive than JG.   Remember, JG wasn't any good for OKC.   It's not like this is his first or second yr in the league.   Didn't he come in the league w/ Rudy Gay and the player from Blazers (all-star who hurt his knee)?  
       Other players I compared him w/ I posted on 2/10/13 @ 10am.   Many 6'7 plus players who are much better and either worth the cash or better on salary cap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think it's unfair to say JG wasn't good for okc.  I just think he was kind of the third wheel that didn't get used much.  Personally I think he's a pretty good player now, and will be better over the next couple of years. 

Perk would not have made us a champion that year...wasnt that the year rondo broke his wrist?  Outside of the unforseeable heart condition, I think the trade was good for the c's. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

This point would be moot if Krstic didn't go to Russia.  If he was here and giving us 25 mins, 10/8, this would be a steal!!

Unforunately he isn't talented enough to:

A.  warrent those minutes

B. EVER average 8 boards

haha

If he was here giving us 18 minutes and a 9/4, which is realistic he would be most helpful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

The jury is still way out on J. Green. He has had a decent stretch but still no where near the all-star level that DA envisioned when he broke-up the C's feared defensive combo of Perk & KG.

Experts say that he wasn't going to be 100% comfortable after the surgery until the second half of the season but the guy never had a consistent motor or any sense or urgency before the surgery anyway.

Let's just see if he can be consistent and continues to have some drive or if this is just a temporary result of him switching from weed to expresso during his pre-game meal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Yeah, JG really fills out a stat sheet - 20 points 2 Rebounds and 2 Assists.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This trade was never good.  You don't trade your staring center for a smaller player.  Perk was exactly what this team needed and DA threw it away for a soft PF.  Green is a complimentary player and never will be a star.  He is to inconsistant and soft.  Perk was anything but soft.  He was mean and nasty every night he played and that was the image that the C's brought to the table each night.  Green can make a highlight reel in espn but can't hit a big shot or grab a big rebound when the game is on the line.  Just a bad trade.  DA made a huge mistake there and it is still costing the C's.