Magic @ Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Magic @ Celtics

I never understand why some folks here think that Sasha should get more minutes. Sasha is just a complete waste out there. At least Dooling hits an occasional shot. Sasha delivers nothing but fouls, missed layups on out of control drives, and missed jump shots. One out of five of his games are good and then we get 4 games like tonight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If the Celtics could only get a few rebounds that would have stopped the momentum the Magic have right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Why am I not surprised the C's are in another 4th quarter nailbiter?
    Hope they step up in the last 2 minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Boards
    C's - 27
    Magic -42.
    Ahaa!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Get on the Captain's back!
    On a side note; the Asik-Gibson combo delivered 18 points and 27 boards against the Bobcats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The Capt. saves the day!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Mr Clutch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

THE TRUTH!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The offense looks ugly w/o Rondo at the helm.  Im glad they pulled this one out!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Congrats....Division Champs!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

With the game on the line, the Celtics are still Paul Pierce's team! Clutch shot!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

any doubt that pp could really lead the league in scoring. 14 assists.. amazing! pp could have been more of a mega-star had he been more selfish or in a more selfish system!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics : No rest for the weary ... play him, Right Cf4L? Gotta get HCA!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Last 3

Apr 20 @ Atlanta
    Apr 24     Miami
    Apr 26     Bucks

10 to 1 he plays against the Hawks.  5  to 1 RA's on the floor too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I never understand why some folks here think that Sasha should get more minutes. Sasha is just a complete waste out there. At least Dooling hits an occasional shot. Sasha delivers nothing but fouls, missed layups on out of control drives, and missed jump shots. One out of five of his games are good and then we get 4 games like tonight!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]sasha plays better defense than quis, thats it.. as u say he can be a better shooter, but is very inconsistent. quis is alousy shooter, our offense needs spacing.. best if we have ray and peach in there but u cant find those guys on trees. dooling is too short to cover swingmen.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I do not want to seem like an ingrate...I'm happy we won but the reason, and I'm not Sherlock Holmes here, that this was a nail biter is that we got out rebounded 43 to 29--- I mean that's 14 more 2nd chances and w/o Dwight Howard.

Sure was nice to see PP slip and then go to the left & make Big Baby slip a bit a toss in the dagger. None-the-less, I always liked BB but happy we have Bass. If BB were 4-5 inches taller, he'd been better than D. Howard under the net.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics : They already said he wouldn't play Friday .... tailbone injury
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    Glad nobody took me up on that betEmbarassed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by the Celtics tonight.  I was at the Red Sox game so I didn't see the Celtics game.   A great win without Rondo, Ray and Pietrus. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

This game never should have been this close.  The second unit with Stiemsma, Moore and Dooling had this one in their collective pockets with their outstanding defense and good ball movement on offense.  Moore and Dooling were like blankets covering their guys.  Doc subbed the starters back in midway through the fourth and they stagnated on offense with no ball movement whatsoever.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad for the win but I sometimes cannot figure out why Doc subs out the hot guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting to watch will be the Bass - Big Baby match-up.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm.   so who won?  Bass 2 rebs, decent shooting night.  Davis much better but loses.  ORL has more injuries... ?  Howard, Turkoglu /> ray, rondo sitting out?  i dunno.

Interesting to see that Davis w/o Howard is better than Davis w/ Howard- testament to how punch drunk ORL got with ryan anderson's happy birthday start to the year- ORL shoots too many 3's and never developed any interplay b/t howard and davis- which could have been devastating.  but duh-wight's head was not in the game this year, except for megalomaniacal self aggrandizement that tanked all ORL team unity/spirit this year as the dwight trade show never ended.

if i was davis, i'd rather jab my eyes out with knitting needles than have to play with that mamby pamby crapola all over again next year.

i thought davis and KG had a great interplay here in BOS.  i know i'll get booed off the board for saying it- but the stats that everyone bashed davis with last year.....  very very very very similar rebounding and points production from bass this year- MINUS a lot of defenseive flexibility (can't play the 5), no ballhandling skills, no passing, same great hustle- just a lot less versatile player.

when bass gets the ball and does not go right into a shot or a drive, it's a new adventure every time.  he's got some skills but i would have figured brandon would be putting up equal per minute contribs to his breakout year- or better- don't most players "get better" more than just TOTAL stats over time....   i know, more crazy talk.

but this per minute production was used to smash "fat" glen davis last year- particularly his rebounding numbers, and bass, while also a nice player has virtually the same numbers per minute in rebs than davis did last year, but becuase he's not 'fat' and he's a 'great athlete' it seems nobody really complains.

but alas, we're still the same lousy rebounding team we were last year, right?  stats don't lie

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics : like bb but BASSSS is so much better!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

ok, but how?  slightly better FG%, same outside shooter, better FT%, but less FTA's than davis PER MINUTE, used to be SAME (for this year) now LESS REBS per minute played than davis (davis 22.5 mins to bass's 31 mins per game) this year, don't conflate the stat comparision by conveniently ignoring that davis per min pts & REBS are better than bass this year, despite having a terrible year.

everyone on this board beat glen davis over the head with his per minute REBS last year and now everyone is DELIGHTED with brandon bass's PER MINUTE REBOUNDING numbers that used to be SAME as davis and now less that davis has gotten MORE minutes and produced MORE rebounding PER MINUTE with those more minutes.

but the biggest losses for BOS are 1) help defense system not the same with bass.  bass is a gritty hustle player, but how many charges has he drawn this year? 

2) davis could play the 5, and don't look now, fat hater hypocrites, but this team was the SAME TEAM last year, just change out bass and davis- shack, daniels, delonte, jerlame were CONSTANTLY HURT last year and we still managed to be 33-9 instead of the comparatively terrible record we have this year.  the difference? 

you tell me- bass inserted where davis used to eat minutes, KG now plays the 5 all the time he's on the floor vs. almost never last year.  bass has taken as many rebounding nights "off" as davis ever did last year- SAME THOSE REB STATS.

so how is bass "much better"?  just because he "is"?  the stats don't bear it out other than FG% and FT% advantages for bass.  it's undeniable what we LOST in davis compared to bass- davis mopped minutes at the 5 and finished out games for us last year when we were the best team in the league- until davis got hurt.  help defense.  ball movement (stops when bass gets the ball), passing, floor vision, feet- ability to move them in the right ways.  all advantage davis.

but bass is "much better".  if bass is "much better" don't we get "much better" per minute stats out of him, since he can't cover minutes at the 5?...........................................................

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics : ok, but how?  slightly better FG%, same outside shooter, better FT%, but less FTA's than davis PER MINUTE, used to be SAME (for this year) now LESS REBS per minute played than davis (davis 22.5 mins to bass's 31 mins per game) this year, don't conflate the stat comparision by conveniently ignoring that davis per min pts & REBS are better than bass this year, despite having a terrible year. everyone on this board beat glen davis over the head with his per minute REBS last year and now everyone is DELIGHTED with brandon bass's PER MINUTE REBOUNDING numbers that used to be SAME as davis and now less that davis has gotten MORE minutes and produced MORE rebounding PER MINUTE with those more minutes. but the biggest losses for BOS are 1) help defense system not the same with bass.  bass is a gritty hustle player, but how many charges has he drawn this year?  2) davis could play the 5, and don't look now, fat hater hypocrites, but this team was the SAME TEAM last year, just change out bass and davis- shack, daniels, delonte, jerlame were CONSTANTLY HURT last year and we still managed to be 33-9 instead of the comparatively terrible record we have this year.  the difference?  you tell me- bass inserted where davis used to eat minutes, KG now plays the 5 all the time he's on the floor vs. almost never last year.  bass has taken as many rebounding nights "off" as davis ever did last year- SAME THOSE REB STATS. so how is bass "much better"?  just because he "is"?  the stats don't bear it out other than FG% and FT% advantages for bass.  it's undeniable what we LOST in davis compared to bass- davis mopped minutes at the 5 and finished out games for us last year when we were the best team in the league- until davis got hurt.  help defense.  ball movement (stops when bass gets the ball), passing, floor vision, feet- ability to move them in the right ways.  all advantage davis. but bass is "much better".  if bass is "much better" don't we get "much better" per minute stats out of him, since he can't cover minutes at the 5?...........................................................
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

its not always about statistics. some people look at statistics and say "it HAS to be this way bc of the stats" sometimes you have to watch the game. having Bass in our offense has made us so much more efficient than BBD ever did, and you know that. whenever bass takes a shot you think its going in. was it the same with Davis? no. also, Bass's explosion is much greater than Davis. how many times have you seen davis pump fake, explode to the rim and dunk with authority? Bass leads our team in dunks this year. 

does bass give up some on defense? absolutely. but we have been able to mask that bc KG is back to playing fantastic defense. plus the things that dont show up on the stat sheet. Has Bass ever questioned his role? no. he knows who he is, what he does well, and shows up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. if he has a bad game, he has a very good one the next game. his energy, hustle, thats whats helping our team.

dont get me wrong, i am a huge big baby fan (cheered for him tonight) but the diff between him and bass on our team has been hugely positive in Bass's favor. sometimes instead of hugging religiously to a stat sheet to get your opinions, you HAVE to watch to see whether a negative or positive impact is truly being made. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic @ Celtics : its not always about statistics. some people look at statistics and say "it HAS to be this way bc of the stats" sometimes you have to watch the game. having Bass in our offense has made us so much more efficient than BBD ever did, and you know that. whenever bass takes a shot you think its going in. was it the same with Davis? no. also, Bass's explosion is much greater than Davis. how many times have you seen davis pump fake, explode to the rim and dunk with authority? Bass leads our team in dunks this year.  does bass give up some on defense? absolutely. but we have been able to mask that bc KG is back to playing fantastic defense. plus the things that dont show up on the stat sheet. Has Bass ever questioned his role? no. he knows who he is, what he does well, and shows up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. if he has a bad game, he has a very good one the next game. his energy, hustle, thats whats helping our team. dont get me wrong, i am a huge big baby fan (cheered for him tonight) but the diff between him and bass on our team has been hugely positive in Bass's favor. sometimes instead of hugging religiously to a stat sheet to get your opinions, you HAVE to watch to see whether a negative or positive impact is truly being made. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Plus I don't see Bass breaking his hand on a "friends" face just before the season starts. Baby still acts like his nickname...did you see him pout on the bench after he picked up his second foul? No positive body language imo.
    I'm happy with Bass!

Sections
Shortcuts