Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : I told you those trolls would make us happy today. The Celtics won and the Lakers lost, all happening on the same day. Thanks to Qdaddy and victorlee1234. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, I had already prepared myself for a loss against Charlotte. I don't what it is, but the Bobcats seem to be the only eastern team that "owns" them. Go figure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : In all honesty, I had already prepared myself for a loss against Charlotte. I don't what it is, but the Bobcats seem to be the only eastern team that "owns" them. Go figure.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

yea right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : In all honesty, I had already prepared myself for a loss against Charlotte. I don't what it is, but the Bobcats seem to be the only eastern team that "owns" them. Go figure.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA Bobcats by 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

For your enjoyment Puffdaddy.

The Bobcats have won eight of the past 10 meetings. The Lakers, 5-8 all-time against the NBA's newest team, hold a losing record against only one other club -- the Boston Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Remember people, good things happen when "The Q" is right on cue. 

Usually when there's a Qdaddy sighting a Celtic win is not far behind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum and Ariza were injured in 08. Garnett was injured in 09. Bynum and Perkins were injured in 10. Fuel aplenty for excuse makers. Take your pick, BBReigns. The disparity had nothing to do with conspiracies and everything to do with overplayed, exhausted Celtics starters playing sloppy at the end of a grueling seven game series. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Lakers weren't "exhausted" in the 4th QTr of Game 7. Just Boston.

Laughable.

The refs changed how they called the game. Period. This is a fact for anyone who watched a physical game, all of a sudden be adjusted to favor one team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : Yeah, the Lakers weren't "exhausted" in the 4th QTr of Game 7. Just Boston. Laughable. The refs changed how they called the game. Period. This is a fact for anyone who watched a physical game, all of a sudden be adjusted to favor one team.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    The Boston starters played significantly more minutes (207 vs. 180) than the Lakers starters. That is a fact. But you wouldn't know that because you are just a "casual NBA fan," right? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's irrelevant in a Game 7. At that point it's all adrenaline.  I am well aware of the minutes played.  I am also aware of how they game was officiated. That's an excuse of yours, as you scour as to why LA was handed 21 free throws in the 4th qtr of a Game 7 Finals.

With so many whistles against Boston, the Celts had plenty of time to catch their breath. lol

I could see if Boston simply collapsed and lost by 15+ points like the Lakers in Game 6 in 2008, but as we know, LA BARELY won and it was because of the free throw advantage.

You can't change the facts even if you try really, really hard.

Can you name a Game 7 where a team even had, say, 15 free throws in the final qtr?

The reason why no one respects Lakers fans from the Los Angeles are, such a sports hotbed, is because you can't admit the reality of the game.

Example:

If that was the Celts who were handed 21 free throws out of the woodwork, in a Game 7, at home, I would admit they got some home cooking.

This is the difference between knowledgeable sports fans and fans like you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus,
    Ariza played five games in the 2008 series.  He played an average of seven minutes a game.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : The Boston starters played significantly more minutes (207 vs. 180) than the Lakers starters. That is a fact. But you wouldn't know that because you are just a "casual NBA fan," right? 

so if my math is correct, spread out this comes out to a little over five minutes a starter? Is that really your argument??? Good one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : so if my math is correct, spread out this comes out to a little over five minutes a starter? Is that really your argument??? Good one.
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]
    In the game 7 of a grueling, physical series at the end of a long regular season and playoffs? Yes, that is my argument. Watch again and you'll see the Celtics playing sloppy, lethargic D in the 4th.

What's your argument? That the NBA secretly conspired to make your team lose?

I'll take my argument over that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Flobus, Ariza played five games in the 2008 series.  He played an average of seven minutes a game.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    First, let me be clear I am not making excuses for 08. The Celtics won.

But let's be honest - Ariza rushed back from his injury and shouldn't have been on the court yet. He was shadow of his regular season self because of this. He was essentially a non-factor due to injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]It's irrelevant in a Game 7. At that point it's all adrenaline.  I am well aware of the minutes played.  I am also aware of how they game was officiated. That's an excuse of yours, as you scour as to why LA was handed 21 free throws in the 4th qtr of a Game 7 Finals. With so many whistles against Boston, the Celts had plenty of time to catch their breath. lol I could see if Boston simply collapsed and lost by 15+ points like the Lakers in Game 6 in 2008, but as we know, LA BARELY won and it was because of the free throw advantage. You can't change the facts even if you try really, really hard. Can you name a Game 7 where a team even had, say, 15 free throws in the final qtr? The reason why no one respects Lakers fans from the Los Angeles are, such a sports hotbed, is because you can't admit the reality of the game. Example: If that was the Celts who were handed 21 free throws out of the woodwork, in a Game 7, at home, I would admit they got some home cooking. This is the difference between knowledgeable sports fans and fans like you.
    Some casual reading for a casual fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

WOW - dont' get on the McNugget bad side!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : Some casual reading for a casual fan. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=5300419

And what stands out to me is this:

"37-17 discrepancy in free throws"

This 21 free throw stat for LA in the 4th quarter is SEVEN TIMES the amount of Boston's in the same qtr.

To deny how blatantly odd that is and the fact you can't source us another 4th qtr in a Game 7 that illustrates such an advantage at the line for one time over the other, is more than telling.

I'd say my analysis is more concrete than yours or Peter Mays's.

The officiating changed after LA trailed into the 4th qtr.  FACT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

There is a league-wide secret conspiracy to wrong the Celtics. MYTH.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : And what stands out to me is this: "37-17 discrepancy in free throws" This 21 free throw stat for LA in the 4th quarter is SEVEN TIMES the amount of Boston's in the same qtr. To deny how blatantly odd that is and the fact you can't source us another 4th qtr in a Game 7 that illustrates such an advantage at the line for one time over the other, is more than telling. I'd say my analysis is more concrete than yours or Peter Mays's. The officiating changed after LA trailed into the 4th qtr.  FACT

Home team usually wins and gets the calls.  Has nothing to do with us - they'd be crying if the game was in Boston!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : Home team usually wins and gets the calls.  Has nothing to do with us - they'd be crying if the game was in Boston!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    "Has nothing to do with us"? Talk about a guy not giving credit where credit's due... wasn't that your calling card at one time?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Magic Punch Lakers in Grill!!! : "Has nothing to do with us"? Talk about a guy not giving credit where credit's due... wasn't that your calling card at one time?

I was responding to BBReigns, not you.  There is no league-wide conspiracy against the Celtics - God I was agreeing with you - BUT research indicates the home team wins 70% of the time in the playoffs - check it out....reagardless of who is playing:
    Case in point - last year the lakers were 11-1 at home and 5-6 on the road in the playoffs-  HCA is very important - hope you don't get it!!

Sections
Shortcuts