MAGIC:"i am blowed out by Bron, this is the GREATEST 5 game streak in the history of the NBA.. better than any stretch MJ ever had!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: MAGIC:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

i have to almost agree. bron is now up to an unbelievable 56% shooting for the season. think about that. last 5,  he's 9 for 16 from 3.. and is shooting around 70%. he's in an unstoppable zone right now.

Better now than in the playoffs..  As much as I still dislike Bron, his touch has been sensational from the outside in the games Ive watched... and not all of them wide open looks either, some higher degree difficulty shots.

Of course in close we all know the refs help his shooting percentage out alot..  Still, hes imporved his game, got to give him credit

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Except that Queen James walks or commits an offensive foul everytime he touches the ball, and the refs don't have the guts to call it.

When MJ played there was allot more talent in the league! Imagine LJ driving the lane on Oakley! It wouldn't be a foul, it would be a mugging! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Tiny had a stetch like that. Wilt aveaged 60 in a stetch  we get to caugt up in the moment to say things like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Tiny aveaged 35 and 15 ove a stetch of a month. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Magic is flip flopping faster than his crossover was in career with his opinions. As smart he was on the field as bad he is commenting the games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Magic is flip flopping faster than his crossover was in career with his opinions. As smart he was on the field as bad he is commenting the games.

Have to agree... he provides some good insights into the game and the NBA, but his opinions regarding players generally stink and blow with the wind

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Kirk

Super stars either get the benefit of favorable calls or they are smart enough to avoid committing fouls. James is no different than the super stars of the past.

seems

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Blowed" out?  Does anyone listen to thses guys?  "Blowed", huh? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Or check his spelling?  "these" - sorry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

Kirk

Super stars either get the benefit of favorable calls or they are smart enough to avoid committing fouls. James is no different than the super stars of the past.

seems

It's one thing to get the benefit of the doubt but it's another to bull your way through the lane or reach-in all the time and rarely get fouls or never foul out. I think Bron has matured a lot but I still think it's ridiculous how he stares down refs whenever they dare to call a second foul on him in one half.

Oakley, Mahorn, and Laimbeer wouldn't stand a chance against Bron today because any borderline hard foul and they would be ejected and probably suspended, so why would less physical defenders today even try? With his physical domincance, the free range he has, and the fact that they can't double him like in Cleveland, no wonder Bron is playing the best hoop of his life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

Kirk

seems

It's one thing to get the benefit of the doubt but it's another to bull your way through the lane or reach-in all the time and rarely get fouls or never foul out. I think Bron has matured a lot but I still think it's ridiculous how he stares down refs whenever they dare to call a second foul on him in one half.

Oakley, Mahorn, and Laimbeer wouldn't stand a chance against Bron today because any borderline hard foul and they would be ejected and probably suspended, so why would less physical defenders today even try? With his physical domincance, the free range he has, and the fact that they can't double him like in Cleveland, no wonder Bron is playing the best hoop of his life.

The league is different Lebron cannot be accurately judged with MJ who had to be physical to protect his life and limb when he played.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Kirk

seems

[/QUOTE

wfdog

Thanks for your opinions. Just wondering if you have any data that supports your views. Often times bias is a major factor in ones opinion. Have you done any research into the past generations to compare how frequently other super stars like Wilt, Russell, Cousy, Bird,Magic, and Jordan compare with James when it comes to being whistled for fouls. Like I said before. Is it leniency by the officials or more intelligent play by the stars that keeps them out of foul trouble.

Seems 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Both Bird & Jordan had the star power of LeBron and each fouled out 11 times in their career. I think LeBron has only fouled out 4 times in his career even though he has played only 150 games fewer games than Bird and already scored 20k points. Kobe has played most recently with Bron and has already foulded out 21 times (3 in playoffs) in his career.

I don't think you can compare the stars of the 50's & 60's to today because the league was just starting out and they needed to keep players in the game. Plus, each team had their designated thugs (like Bob Branum of the Celts) who could police things and get thrown out if necessary.

I understand the superstar treatment but LBJ plays a lot more physical and is way more active defensively than Durant, so if you ref them the same then you're just giving LeBron an unfair advantage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont think theres any question Lebron gets away with more than anyone in the NBA.. Refs refuse to call an offensive foul on him... In general, he looks for a small opening, puts his shoulder down and takes off in a virtual straight line...rams into whoever is there and gets the call almost all the time.

He also gets the 4-step travelling allowance...

Hes had unbelievalbe stretches where he hasnt been called for a single foul over a period of games.. thats really hard to believe on the face of it... let alone knowing how incompetent refs are, he'd at least get  a foul off another bad call from a ref.

He is no where near the skill set offensively of a PP, Wade or many others in the game.. but he has improved his jumper tremendously and is a great passer etc....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He is no where near the skill set offensively of a PP, Wade or many others in the game."

Hmm well he is a better passer than PP and Wade - that counts for something right? 

And he's a better three point shooter than Wade. 

And he drives to the basket better than anyone in the game currently. 

He's not as good a free throw shooter as those guys. 

Lebron is BY FAR a tougher offensive matchup than anyone in the league, Durant being second. So I'm not sure if Pierce could beat him in a game of horse it really matters much.

Yes he does get some calls, but so do all the stars in the game. Wade gets his calls too etc. 

Commie - I'd still take Jordan over Lebron for a seven game series for all the marbles. But - Lebron has stepped it up and is gonna be a beast in the postseason....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

James,Durrant,Jordan,Bird,Magic Cousy all committed fouls at about the same rate. But when compared to Wilt and Russell they would be considered FOUL PRONE. Russ and Wilt were in a league of there own when it came to committing fouls. But don't take my word for it. Check it out.

Seems

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

James,Durrant,Jordan,Bird,Magic Cousy all committed fouls at about the same rate. But when compared to Wilt and Russell they would be considered FOUL PRONE. Russ and Wilt were in a league of there own when it came to committing fouls. But don't take my word for it. Check it out.

Seems

Link?
    Couz, Kobe, Bird, MJ, and even a slender Durrant are not as physically imposing as LeBron. Physical-wise, Wilt was probably more comparable versus others at his position and we all know that he never fouled out but that may have been more a result of the era and how much he got hacked as well. Magic may be more comparable to LBJ as far as size, talent, and quickness. He only fouled out 5 times in his career but he was no where near as physical as Lebron and had more quickness and deception in his game. 

I think the refs swallow their whistles when LBJ runs the length of the floor to block shots because they are probably as shocked as all of us and also LBJ does keep his head up and always looks in control. But you can't deny that he repeatedly fouls guys after the shot and on offense he does just lower his head and charges the lane while carrying the ball using a suspect jump step. It seems like the  only time you can draw a foul on him is if makes a mistake and leads with his chest and even then the defender has to exaggerate the contact to get the call.

Plus, it's one thing not to foul out but the guy hardly ever gets 3 or 4 fouls a game which is rare for a physical guy who the offense runs through and is active on both ends. On top of that, he should be thankful for the preferential treatment but he cries like DA if he picks up his 2nd foul late in the 3rd Q!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Except that Queen James walks or commits an offensive foul everytime he touches the ball, and the refs don't have the guts to call it.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Seems

Link?
    Couz, Kobe, Bird, MJ, and even a slender Durrant are not as physically imposing as LeBron. Physical-wise, Wilt was probably more comparable versus others at his position and we all know that he never fouled out but that may have been more a result of the era and how much he got hacked as well. Magic may be more comparable to LBJ as far as size, talent, and quickness. He only fouled out 5 times in his career but he was no where near as physical as Lebron and had more quickness and deception in his game. 

I think the refs swallow their whistles when LBJ runs the length of the floor to block shots because they are probably as shocked as all of us and also LBJ does keep his head up and always looks in control. But you can't deny that he repeatedly fouls guys after the shot and on offense he does just lower his head and charges the lane while carrying the ball using a suspect jump step. It seems like the  only time you can draw a foul on him is if makes a mistake and leads with his chest and even then the defender has to exaggerate the contact to get the call.

Plus, it's one thing not to foul out but the guy hardly ever gets 3 or 4 fouls a game which is rare for a physical guy who the offense runs through and is active on both ends. On top of that, he should be thankful for the preferential treatment but he cries like DA if he picks up his 2nd foul late in the 3rd Q!

You seem to be saying that because James is physically more impressive than others that he must be committing more fouls and the officials are not calling them. Is this another conspiracy theory by the league and officials. All I'm asking for is proof that your opinions are correct and that the officials are blowing the calls.Once again wfdog... Extremely low foul rates for super stars is very common. The reason is left open to debate. Is it preferred treatment by officials,superior skill level, superior basketball I.Q or a conscious effort by the player to avoid foul trouble. Could very well be a combination of them all.

Seems 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Seems

Link?

You seem to be saying that because James is physically more impressive than others that he must be committing more fouls and the officials are not calling them. Is this another conspiracy theory by the league and officials. All I'm asking for is proof that your opinions are correct and that the officials are blowing the calls.Once again wfdog... Extremely low foul rates for super stars is very common. The reason is left open to debate. Is it preferred treatment by officials,superior skill level, superior basketball I.Q or a conscious effort by the player to avoid foul trouble. Could very well be a combination of them all.

Seems 

C'mon Seemy I'm the one who gave you stats while you're the one who just said 'check it out' without any links or back-up. All I'm saying is trust your eyes as well as what others are saying here on this board.

How many times have you seen guys go flying under the basket after coming in contact with LeBron when he runs the length of the floor and pins a ball against the glass with his block? How many times have you seen replays of a foul on a defender and the commentators say that it could've easily gone against LeBron?

The guy is an amazing physical specimen who can get to very fast speeds in a very quick amount of time for a guy his size but he doesn't always have the control and/or brakes for a guy to only commit two fouls a game. Also, MJ, Magic, and Kobe never barreled their way through the lane or were as physcally imposing as LBJ yet they were called for more fouls.

Anyway, I'm sure the Miami Herald and/or Dan LeBartard has a more friendly forum with more ppl who will agree with your 'LBJ can do no wrong, he's just a superstar' opionon. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

+1

+1, +1, +1, +1, +1..........   LBJ is $$$ to the NBA.  Simply untouchable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jordan's ten triple doubles in a row were still more impressive, also Lebron is shooting 49% from the floor in todays ticky tack NBA, Jordan averaged 50% for his career while getting manhandled.  The player I most compare LeBron to is Magic, Magic had a single season with 18 triple doubles... the game is not the same.

Sections
Shortcuts