Major kudos for the Chicago Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Major kudos for the Chicago Bulls

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Noah was only averaging 9 points and 9 rebounds in this year's playoffs. But in this Game 7, he had 24 points, 14 rebounds, and 6 blocks!

Think about it, if KG did something like what Noah did tonight, the Celts would most probably have 18 championships and a possible 19th banner last season.

It's called rising to the occasion.

You truly are selective in your criticism.

Not selective. I'm just not used to seeing the Celtics lose in Game 7s.

Think about it, Celtic fans keep saying Pau Gasol is soft. But in that Game 7, 18 boards, 9 offensive and 9 defensive. Our KG, 3 boards, 0 offensive.

Last season, it would have been another trip to the Finals if we exploited a Chris Bosh who was not at 100%. It was Pierce vs. Lebron, Ray vs. Wade, and KG vs. Bosh. What match-up did the Celts have an advantage?

======================

Fierce, lot of truth in what you say about win or go home pressure games. But don't single out just KG. PP got 14 pts and made 4-5 turnovers. If he had had his fairly normal 20-25 pts and Garnett just another couple of baskets, we'd won.

But 2 players who stepped up were Boozer & Noah.

I never felt the Nets were a playoff contender but the Bulls winning on their court w/o Deng, Hinrick &, of course, Rose was a tremendous achievement.  Boozer and Noah in the paint is a presence we never had and they were terrific in the post. Like our sparkplug alumnus Nate Robinson too. Thibodeaux is a great coach...better than Doc I think. If the Bulls had Deng & Rose it would be a pick-em series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Noah was only averaging 9 points and 9 rebounds in this year's playoffs. But in this Game 7, he had 24 points, 14 rebounds, and 6 blocks!

Think about it, if KG did something like what Noah did tonight, the Celts would most probably have 18 championships and a possible 19th banner last season.

It's called rising to the occasion.

You truly are selective in your criticism.

Not selective. I'm just not used to seeing the Celtics lose in Game 7s.

Think about it, Celtic fans keep saying Pau Gasol is soft. But in that Game 7, 18 boards, 9 offensive and 9 defensive. Our KG, 3 boards, 0 offensive.

Last season, it would have been another trip to the Finals if we exploited a Chris Bosh who was not at 100%. It was Pierce vs. Lebron, Ray vs. Wade, and KG vs. Bosh. What match-up did the Celts have an advantage?

======================

Fierce, lot of truth in what you say about win or go home pressure games. But don't single out just KG. PP got 14 pts and made 4-5 turnovers. If he had had his fairly normal 20-25 pts and Garnett just another couple of baskets, we'd won.

But 2 players who stepped up were Boozer & Noah.

I never felt the Nets were a playoff contender but the Bulls winning on their court w/o Deng, Hinrick &, of course, Rose was a tremendous achievement.  Boozer and Noah in the paint is a presence we never had and they were terrific in the post. Like our sparkplug alumnus Nate Robinson too. Thibodeaux is a great coach...better than Doc I think. If the Bulls had Deng & Rose it would be a pick-em series.

The Bulls would have been one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference if Rose had returned before the season ended.   If he had returned and was able to contribute he could have been a factor in the playoffs this season.  Still not sure why he hasn't returned. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Missing Rose all season ... missing Hinrich and Deng in this series ... Nate Robinson barfing in the trash can the other night  ... that's a lot of heart they showed. Very well done.

agree, wish we never got rid of nate robinson, he wud have came in handy for sure!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sorry Doc but I'm beginning to believe that Thibs was the driving force behind the C's success during his time in Boston. He is getting maximum effort from the Bulls. They look like the C's from 2-3 years ago.

Thibs is an excellent coach...too bad the refs swallow the whistles every time someon plays the HEAT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow, not to  turn this into a game thread, but the Bulls are up two with 1:18 left!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Why not; easy team to root for; easy team to rot against (Dirty Wade misses!!!!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

And just why did we include (basically throw away) Nate Robinson in that Perkins trade to OKC?

He embarassed Ray.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Because Doc is quick to reject younger, immature players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't look now but Bulls just took game 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Bulls are now the surrogate Celtics

Unselfish ball, defense, heart, and Thibs.

Go Bulls.  Beat the Heat.

They can't beat the Heat.

Genius at work...LMAO

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Don't look now but Bulls just took game 1.

Great win by Chicago.  I am always happy to see Miami lose even though it is just one game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ok, truth be known, I'm a GS fan too after the Celtics so anxious to watch their game. But tonight I was a Bulls fan. I'm thinking it might have been wise to have offered Asst Coach Thibodeaux the coaching job instead of Doc. Incredible what a job he has done w/o Rose & now Deng & Hinrich.

They won game 7 vs Nets with 44-30 rebounds & tonight it was 46-32 for anothe +14.  And we thought Terry was the answer after we lost Allen and I know I'm being a Monday Morning Quarterback, but we gave Nate away in the Perkins deal for Green. People seem happy we got Green for Perk but I sure wish we had Nate Allen now at 5"10" who scored 27 and we have been seeking Redick as a scorer. If Nate had stayed with us, who knows. He and BB won game 5 vs Lakers in 2010-Shrek & Donkey...memorable photo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Congrats to Tom Thibodeau.

The bulls just showed the celtics what can be accomplished when you have a well coached, well directed team.

Rivers is just overhyped.... needs lots of talent around him to win, unlike Thibs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Bulls are now the surrogate Celtics

Unselfish ball, defense, heart, and Thibs.

Go Bulls.  Beat the Heat.

They can't beat the Heat.

Genius at work...LMAO

FUNGUS said Bulls cant beat the Heat... Final Score Bulls 93-86 BULLS WIN

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Ok, truth be known, I'm a GS fan too after the Celtics so anxious to watch their game. But tonight I was a Bulls fan. I'm thinking it might have been wise to have offered Asst Coach Thibodeaux the coaching job instead of Doc. Incredible what a job he has done w/o Rose & now Deng & Hinrich.

EXACTLY!!  Big mistake by DA... Bulls got the guy with all the basketball brains, we kept the cheerleader

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

He's portrayed as the Bill Belicheck of b-ball coaches. Workaholic detail oriented; it shows. The bulls space the floor and Nate is really a good floor general in the half court under Thibs. Noah is Noah; really an all star with high b-ball IQ to boot.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

He's portrayed as the Bill Belicheck of b-ball coaches. Workaholic detail oriented; it shows. The bulls space the floor and Nate is really a good floor general in the half court under Thibs. Noah is Noah; really an all star with high b-ball IQ to boot.

agree 100%

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Great win for the Bulls!

As for Doc Rivers being a cheerleader and needing a lot of talent... SMH

Every coach needs talented players to win a championship, Popovich needs Duncan, Jackson needed Jordan and Shaq. And i haven't heard anyone who said that Rivers is a bad coach.

The C's had no center, their 2 of 3 best players are 35 and 37, JT is 35 y.o., no rebounders, no shooters, weak bench and we are comparing them to the Bulls?!

If anyone is to blame it is Danny Ainge but we don't know what he tried to do.

Jimmy Butler played 48 minutes for a 3rd straight time! They are young, they can run fast and jump high, on the other hand the C's are old and slow, they want to win but they just can't do it anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Great win for the Bulls!

Every coach needs talented players to win a championship, Popovich needs Duncan, Jackson needed Jordan and Shaq. And i haven't heard anyone who said that Rivers is a bad coach.

The C's had no center, their 2 of 3 best players are 35 and 37, JT is 35 y.o., no rebounders, no shooters, weak bench and we are comparing them to the Bulls?!

Jimmy Butler played 48 minutes for a 3rd straight time! They are young, they can run fast and jump high, on the other hand the C's are old and slow, they want to win but they just can't do it anymore.

Difficult to say whether to blame DA more than Doc or vice versa, as we're not privy to their offseason discussions concerning what the Celtics needed to contend in this just ended season.  Nobody on this board knows who said what.  All we know is that the C's were erratic all year and brought the same inconsistency into the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Great win for the Bulls!

Difficult to say whether to blame DA more than Doc or vice versa, as we're not privy to their offseason discussions concerning what the Celtics needed to contend in this just ended season.  Nobody on this board knows who said what.  All we know is that the C's were erratic all year and brought the same inconsistency into the playoffs.

Yes, we don't know! But some posters act like they know it. And they just keep saying that Doc is an idiot, Ainge is a poor manager etc.

Sections
Shortcuts