make jermaine oneal sit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

make jermaine oneal sit

let me get this straight,he doesnt want to play in boston,wants his release,and wants to play for miami? make him go home and sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: make jermaine oneal sit

He is already sitting at home.  Has been for 2 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree - do NOT buy this guy out under any circumstances!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: make jermaine oneal sit:
    He is already sitting at home.  Has been for 2 years.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yeah no one has to make him sit.  He does it just fine on his own.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

more NEW AGE NBA crap !

the guy has stolen $12M and given us nothing but bad vibes for 2 seasons

I'd rather watch Stiesma and JJ Johnson get 10-15 minutes a night rest of season. And don't tell me they drafted JJ Johnson to play the 3 , he's a 4 and once he gains 25lbs muscle he will be able to play significant minutes at the 5
    the guy is 6'10" with the 7+ ft wingspan.

Send Jermaine home and let JJ Johnson take his beating for the last 30 games. Same thing with E'Twan Moore. Don't want to see another minute of Keyon Dooling or Marquis Daniels. Give Moore&Johnson the minutes and the playoff experience this season.

That should be a priority for this season as no one expects the Celtics to beat both Miami and Chicago

Send Jermaine home and let the three rookies eat up regular season innings like Tim Wakefield !

One final thought: KAMAN WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER AND COULD GET THE CELTICS TO THE FINALS THIS SEASON.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: make jermaine oneal sit : Yeah no one has to make him sit.  He does it just fine on his own.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I think they should keep him and make him the waterboy for the rest of the season. Make him earn a little of the millions he stole.   He can give gatorade to AB and the rooks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Buy him out and get him out of here.  Miami or any other team that signs him would be out of their minds.  Honestly, I would love to see him sign with another team just so that team can see how much of a slacker this guy really is.

If any team brings him in, then good for them.  It won't be long before they see just how much a mistake that would be.  Also, it would forever cement his reputation as a lazy slacker with no passion or desire to work for anything.

I've lost alot of respect for JON.  And I bet that alot of the guys in that Celtics locker room feel the same way.  He is done in Boston.  That's the one thing you just cannot tolerate from a player, QUITTING.

He's under contract and his teammates are doing their best to hold the fort until he (our strarting center) is healthy and ready to return.

I'd offer him 20% of whatever remains on his contract for the remainder of the season and buy him out.  Get him out of here now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I would buy him out but I wouldn't offer him much so if he signs with a contender he will lose money. What a loser and he was the one that made it impossible to get West because he didn't want to go to NO. He is probably through for this season and would only garner the minimum next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

JON has been a beast. Boston needs to sit him down ,have a quiet word in his ear then get him ready for 2013 season after he signs on for a 1yr extension. Show him some love and let him prove he can still match it with the Howard/s and Bynum's of this era.

Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I wouldn't necessarily make him sit if he's available to play, but I certainly do not think Ainge should be doing him any favors when he's asking off the team to sign with a frontrunner. He can play for the Celtics, he can remain inactive, or he can wait until after the playoff eligibility deadline.

Although many here consider O'Neal to be worthless, he actually does contribute as a defender, rebounder, and shotblocker in limited minutes. I don't want to give him away to a rival. The Celtics should wait until after March 23rd and then buy him out if he insists on leaving. It would be foolish to put the Celtics in a position of potentially facing him in the playoffs. The last thing we need is for a rejuvenated Celtics team to push the Heat to 7, only to lose the final game of the series because O'Neal blocks a Rondo floater. The 23rd is only a week away. Any buyouts taking place should occur after that date.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I wouldn't necessarily make him sit if he's available to play, but I certainly do not think Ainge should be doing him any favors when he's asking off the team to sign with a frontrunner. He can play for the Celtics, he can remain inactive, or he can wait until after the playoff eligibility deadline. Although many here consider O'Neal to be worthless, he actually does contribute as a defender, rebounder, and shotblocker in limited minutes. I don't want to give him away to a rival. The Celtics should wait until after March 23rd and then buy him out if he insists on leaving. It would be foolish to put the Celtics in a position of potentially facing him in the playoffs. The last thing we need is for a rejuvenated Celtics team to push the Heat to 7, only to lose the final game of the series because O'Neal blocks a Rondo floater. The 23rd is only a week away. Any buyouts taking place should occur after that date.
    Posted by davidap

Thoughtful, and valid post. I haven't heard confirmation on the rumors but he is a potential help now. If he is a turn coat we should tie him to the bench with a suit on and yes ..make him sit and observe.  I seriously  doubt that is the case and hopefully he will come through in the end..but  I am 100% with the haters if he quits! It's time to man up!!

Eternal optimist,

Gary

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I listened to Chris Mannix on nesn yesterday and he said that signing Jermaine wasn't a mistake, but that he was overpaid and Danny never should have given him the money he did.    He did contribute last season, but hasn't really helped much this season and is always injured. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I listened to Chris Mannix on nesn yesterday and he said that signing Jermaine wasn't a mistake, but that he was overpaid and Danny never should have given him the money he did.    He did contribute last season, but hasn't really helped much this season and is always injured. 
    Posted by susan250

Susan,
    I think he is physically breaking down and just can't hack it. It is time for him to make one last run and will garner respect if he does so.
    Thanks for the info!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Susan,
    I am sorry I do not think he has been a contributor.  He was a huge unproductive mistake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

JON is the epitome of the Celtics mantra.....long may he continue his stellar career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

In Response to make jermaine oneal sit:
    let me get this straight,he doesnt want to play in boston,wants his release,and wants to play for miami? make him go home and sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by j73401

he should be forced to earn his money. cleaning the locker room,towel boy,bench warmer or maybe ball boy. its funny how much this is a direct reflection of america today. its all about GREED. stealing is ok today. ethics are gone replaced with political correctness. its sad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by j73401

He has been sitting and watching and counting his money for about 5 years.... oddly enough there are people out there stupid enough to keep paying him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Very impressive that you all ignored the master baiter from LA on this thread. Very impressive indeed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Jon has just broken down the last couple of seasons. He was seriously damaged goods when Ainge signed him. All you had to do was watch his game at Miami when he was cut.

L.A. made the same mistake with Theo Ratliff & Joe Smith, getting rid of young players for dinosaurs.

The problem is that some players can't accept getting old, living in denial, refusing to accept retiring or the bench. Father time hits them like a sludge-hammer.

Ainge got took when he over-reacted and sent a young big to OKC that ultimately hurt the Celtics chemistry. After that big mistake, he deperately started scrambling to cover his losses, signing both Shaq & Jermaine.

Jermaine asking to be cut to play in Miami says a lot about how dumb this guy really is. Even if Boston cut him, it doesn't mean that the Heat want anything to do with him. If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have believed a player would say such a thing. DUMB!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Jon has just broken down the last couple of seasons. He was seriously damaged goods when Ainge signed him. All you had to do was watch his game at Miami when he was cut. L.A. made the same mistake with Theo Ratliff & Joe Smith, getting rid of young players for dinosaurs. The problem is that some players can't accept getting old, living in denial, refusing to accept retiring or the bench. Father time hits them like a sludge-hammer. Ainge got took when he over-reacted and sent a young big to OKC that ultimately hurt the Celtics chemistry. After that big mistake, he deperately started scrambling to cover his losses, signing both Shaq & Jermaine. Jermaine asking to be cut to play in Miami says a lot about how dumb this guy really is. Even if Boston cut him, it doesn't mean that the Heat want anything to do with him. If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have believed a player would say such a thing. DUMB!
    Posted by LakerFan67

What is a sludge-hammer again?

AHHHHH - JON and Shaq were signed long before Danny traded Perk to OKC- stick to the lakers!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Posted by j73401

agree you are right

Sections
Shortcuts