Marc Gasol Trade Idea's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Marc Gasol Trade Idea's

Gasol's injured for the majority of the season (indefinitely). The Grizz could do a smart move and just let it play out and get worse this year allowing their own pick to have more value in this loaded draft...

OR

The 7-6 Grizz could find a way to replace Gasol and make a run this year with Conley&ZBO. I think an injured Gasol would fit perfectly on this Celtics team. He would be the perfect Celtic center to pair with Rondo for the next few years and Sully would be a perfect PF to play with him. The biggest selling points are his high BBIQ and his DPOY status.

SO

Trade 1: 

BOS: Marc Gasol

MEM: Kris Humphries, Vitor Favarani

(+/-): Crawford, 2015 Clippers pick

The selling point here is that Vitor & Kris help replace Marc's production. Crawford's playing out of his mind and the Grizz could use that scoring SG off the bench. Maybe the Clips pick gets it done.

Trade 2:

BOS: Marc Gasol, Tayshon Prince

MEM: Jeff Green, Kris Humphires

(+/-) Vitor Favarani

The enticement here would be to upgrade Prince with Green. A front-line of Conley, Allen, Green, ZBO & Koufous could be effective. Hump is still included as expiring salary. Maybe Vitor is thrown in to get it done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Marc Gasol Trade Idea's

I think trade 1 is preferred from a Celtics perspective, trade 2 is definitely preferred from Memphis' perspective.

In this scenerio, I'd probably pull the trigger on a Bass & Wallace for Amare trade. 

Going foward, (ideal situation) in 2014-15:

Rondo, Pressey, Nets 1st

Bradley, Lee, Free Agent

Celtics 1st (Parker), Green

Sullinger, Amare

Gasol, Olynyk

This also gives Danny ultimate flexability in the summer of 2015 where Amare, Rondo, Gasol and possibly Jeff (player option) all expire. In the extreme ideal situation, we allow Jeff to sign a big deal somewhere else giving Jabari Parker full reigns of the SF spot, we resign Rondo and Gasol to four year deals after brining in a sharp shooting SG free agent with Amare's expiring money. You'd have Rondo, free agent, Parker, Sullinger, and Gasol which is a dangerous good & smart starting lineup with rookies, Pressey, Olynyk, Bradley and Lee off the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Answer your own question much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Gasol's injured for the majority of the season (indefinitely). The Grizz could do a smart move and just let it play out and get worse this year allowing their own pick to have more value in this loaded draft...

OR

The 7-6 Grizz could find a way to replace Gasol and make a run this year with Conley&ZBO. I think an injured Gasol would fit perfectly on this Celtics team. He would be the perfect Celtic center to pair with Rondo for the next few years and Sully would be a perfect PF to play with him. The biggest selling points are his high BBIQ and his DPOY status.

SO

Trade 1: 

BOS: Marc Gasol

MEM: Kris Humphries, Vitor Favarani

(+/-): Crawford, 2015 Clippers pick

The selling point here is that Vitor & Kris help replace Marc's production. Crawford's playing out of his mind and the Grizz could use that scoring SG off the bench. Maybe the Clips pick gets it done.

Trade 2:

BOS: Marc Gasol, Tayshon Prince

MEM: Jeff Green, Kris Humphires

(+/-) Vitor Favarani

The enticement here would be to upgrade Prince with Green. A front-line of Conley, Allen, Green, ZBO & Koufous could be effective. Hump is still included as expiring salary. Maybe Vitor is thrown in to get it done.

This trade would not make the celtics any better.Paverini is a keeper.When Hondo returs Fav numbers will increase.He(paverini) is part of the celtics future.The celtics needs Humpheys expiring contract..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Seriously, there's no way the Grizz will trade Marc Gasol for the sole reason of him being injured.

And the Griz are a playoff team, they're not thinking of lottery picks.

Correct.

They are thinking about how to continue being a playoff team without Marc.

There is certainly a possibility that they look to trade Marc for bodies that help them compete this year. Marc only has a couple years left on his deal. He's not Rose. He may sign elsewhere or be too expensive for Memphis to resign.

Always a possibility!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Can the adults on this board at least agree that Gasol > Favarani. This should not even be a question. 

Fierce, you don't think Green, Fav, Crawford and Hump for Gasol and Prince is feasible? It allows them to compete this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Can the adults on this board at least agree that Gasol > Favarani. This should not even be a question. 

Fierce, you don't think Green, Fav, Crawford and Hump for Gasol and Prince is feasible? It allows them to compete this year.

Gasol is injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Gasol is injured.

Yes, that is the essence of this whole idea.

1. Gasol is injured for the year on a competing team
    2. Boston has strong pieces that can help a contender on a lottery team
    3. In order to still compete, MEM could trade injured Gasol for helpful pieces
    4. In order to continue the tank and secure an allstar Center, the Celtics could trade pieces for the injured Center
    5. Both sides win.

Celtics get worse in the short term but better next year.

Memphis gets better this year and is more flexible financially next year (Hump & Craw expire, Fav is cheap, Prince = Green in salary & years)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Logistics aside, wouldn't a core of Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger and Gasol be the perfect surroundings both offensively and defensively for a young freshman SF, either Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Hood, Young, or Robinson?

You'd still have Lee, Bass, Wallace, Olynyk and the Nets 1st off the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Logistics aside, wouldn't a core of Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger and Gasol be the perfect surroundings both offensively and defensively for a young freshman SF, either Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Hood, Young, or Robinson?

Please, no Bradley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Please, no Bradley.

Then we sign Hayward this summer.

You're dead wrong about Avery though. He's been doing better in the SG role and will continue to improve once Rondo returns. Avery will develop similarly to Lance Stephenson. You'll see...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i think marc gasol will never be available despite of his injury. nowadays you cant afford to lose a center especially if he stands 7'1 ft. tall and the reigning defensive player of the year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

The problem with your trades R9R is you want every teams franchise player and expect the C's can go from Point A to Point C w/o going thru Point B first. No team will give up their franchise player for faulty assets. Danny's first priority is to upgrade our current asset base in order to be able to talk to those teams about their Franchise Player or wait till free agency and try to work a S&T.

So forget about converting Green, Hump & Fav into Gasol cuz Memphis won't see Fav as an adequate replacement for Gasol.

Horsetrading will get you there ... from Pt A (Our Current State) to Pt B (Upgraded Assets) then to Pt C (Franchise Center).

ARG!

• Dwight Howard
    • Andrew Bynum
    • James Harden
    • Kevin Garnett
    • Ray Allen
    • Carmelo Anthony
    • Deron Williams
    • Jrue Holiday

All essentially franchise players traded from their teams for various reasons.

Don't give me that A to C bullcrash.

Tell me, how was that Harden trade not an A to C move? Please, explain, I'll wait.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Of course there is only a small possibility of Memphis moving Gasol. But they moved Gay, you could say that was a franchise player in the making. With Gasol hurt, everything changes. They could persevere and end up 9th or 10th in the west. I don't expect them to really bottom out this year. So why not compete? Sell high on Marc. I think Danny would overpay. Favarani is not a replacement for Gasol, but he's a stop-gap solution for this season. Humphries has also shown the ability to produce a double-double when given minutes. I think the deal would ultimately cost Jeff Green, and right now Memphis is really weak at that SF position. Jeff could fit in well there. 

This isn't a glaringly obvious trade. Its just a proposal. If I were Danny I'd call asking. Offer Favarani (who is currently 5th in the league in blocks per 48 behind Hibbert, Davis, Lopez and Henson), Humphries and Crawford. Dangle Green.

Another trade could include a slew of players/salary excluding Humphries. Something like Green (9), Bass (6), Lee (5) , and Vitor (2) for Gasol (15M) and Prince (7M). That's essentially a starting lineup for an injured player and a washed up player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

i think marc gasol will never be available despite of his injury. nowadays you cant afford to lose a center especially if he stands 7'1 ft. tall and the reigning defensive player of the year.

That's very true. But there's always a chance. We have pieces that can be stitched together to finalize a deal. Vitor is doing exceptionally well (stat wise) so far. Gasol is a super-star. Its all about taking advantage of other franchise's situation. The Rockets capitalized on stingy OKC ownership. Orlando capitalized on a greedy 76er ownership. Atlanta captialized on Brooklyns filthy rich owner, and so did the Celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also rebounds per 48min

Gasol: 16.8

Vitor: 15.0

(Asik: 18.1)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

That's very true. But there's always a chance. We have pieces that can be stitched together to finalize a deal. Vitor is doing exceptionally well (stat wise) so far. Gasol is a super-star. Its all about taking advantage of other franchise's situation. The Rockets capitalized on stingy OKC ownership. Orlando capitalized on a greedy 76er ownership. Atlanta captialized on Brooklyns filthy rich owner, and so did the Celtics.

like what youve said, those players you've mentioned has their own reasons.

they still have assets to improve their lign up

if they move gasol, then i think they should blow it up and start over again

grizz dealt gay because theyve seen enough in him and take smaller deals.

look, raptors are now shopping gay.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

You see ... So if you are under the missapprehension that Morey just traded player Group A to get to player Group B (Incl Harden) then you are wrong. He kept cap room and traded an existing player for a lottery pick (Danny has done the same thing) ... then he grouped that Lottery Pick with two other picks and two young players for Harden. The Lottery Pick was the key to the Harden deal and Morey didn't get that pick by Tanking ... HE TRADED FOR IT!!!!

What are you talking about?

Morey traded a bunch of assets (quarters) for a star (dollar). Of course there were prior moves to obtain those assets. 

I'm talking about trading for a franchise Center, not drafting one. I'm talking about offering a trade of quarters for the dollar. My Harden example was that it does happen.

Dude, we are 5-10 and there are a couple of playoff teams in the East who will turn things around. WE ARE TANKING. But my proposal is not really about tanking. Sure, it helps the cause. But this is already a lost year, why not capitalize on it? Take another injured player who is out for the year but will recover and is the reigning DPOY. Help Memphis compete and put us in a postition to compete next year with a healthy Gasol and a healthy Rondo and two fresh talented first round picks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

MP I'm not ranting, you're just not making any sense.

We don't need to "upgrade" our assets in this backwards plan of a step B you're concocting. We have good assets. We have extra assets from the KG trade. Morey took assets and traded for a star. He took advantage of OKC's situation. You're very congnitively limited if you think Danny is waiting for a replica situation. 

This proposal is to trade assets for a star, taking advantage of a team's situation. I don't understand why you insist there's a difference.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts