Marcus Smart Will Be A Beast!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Marcus Smart Will Be A Beast!

Good pick, I hope he gets the minutes he will need to develop.  If he was on a good team he would make a impact right away, but on Boston without some upgrades he may be handcuffed some.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

artest goes into stands

[/QUOTE]

I get it GK - bad memories  - former Laker... right?

No worries things will get better once you get beyond Kobe's "crap" deal and regain draft picks in 2018!

Thanks Jimmy! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

artest goes into stands

[/QUOTE]

I get it GK - bad memories  - former Laker... right?

No worries things will get better once you get beyond Kobe's "crap" deal and regain draft picks in 2018!

Thanks Jimmy! 

[/QUOTE]

Oh wait is that M. Brown in the picture as well ...... isn't he still collecting paychecks from the Lakers....hahahahah!!!

Thanks again Jimmy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A strong quick bull. A fierce competitor.  A leader.  A solid all around game. = A franchise stud. 

[/QUOTE]

We glimpse the future direction and persona of the franchise... and it isn't diva-like by any stretch.

Adios and God speed.... R9R.

Best of luck.

Cheerio.

TaTa!

Its been real.....

Pud

[/QUOTE]

wait a second...WAAIIIIIT a second. Marcus Smart is a great all around player? Yet you bash Rondo for not being that all around player? Clearly you guys know nothing about Marcus Smart and his strengths and weaknesses.

I can only imagine what you guys would have said if Rondo went into the stands and pushed a fan...give me a break.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

for the record, I like Marcus Smart and his competitive fire. I just think its hilarious that Rondo bashers are trying to act like they are completely different players, and Marcus's skillset is just 10 steps ahead of what Rondo brings to the table, ignoring the fact that Smart's biggest weakness (shooting ability, holding his temper) is the same things that Rondo has struggled with throughout his career. Call a spade a spade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for the record, I like Marcus Smart and his competitive fire. I just think its hilarious that Rondo bashers are trying to act like they are completely different players, and Marcus's skillset is just 10 steps ahead of what Rondo brings to the table, ignoring the fact that Smart's biggest weakness (shooting ability, holding his temper) is the same things that Rondo has struggled with throughout his career. Call a spade a spade.

[/QUOTE]

Marcus temper though is against opposition..Rondos temper is locker/coach..I prefer Marcus temper problem!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think so..hey when Dwane Wade was drafted, no one thought he was going to be that good..I see the same determination on Smart..same agility

[/QUOTE]

He plays a bit like Wade - very strong player - doesn't hesitate to go inside - likes contact!

I will love watching M. Smart develop under B. Stevens!

[/QUOTE]

That is the optimistic scenario.  Tyereke Evans was also called a bull and won rookie if the year.

I think that the Celts do a much better job of developing/handling players.  Marcus Smart will hopefully be more DWade than TEvans.

[/QUOTE]

Tyreke Evans  could still become an All Star in the right situation , his career is not over.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think so..hey when Dwane Wade was drafted, no one thought he was going to be that good..I see the same determination on Smart..same agility

[/QUOTE]

He plays a bit like Wade - very strong player - doesn't hesitate to go inside - likes contact!

[/QUOTE]

That is the optimistic scenario.  Tyereke Evans was also called a bull and won rookie if the year.

I think that the Celts do a much better job of developing/handling players.  Marcus Smart will hopefully be more DWade than TEvans.

[/QUOTE]

Tyreke Evans  could still become an All Star in the right situation , his career is not over.....

[/QUOTE]

I agree. He has a lot ahead, still young.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. He has a lot ahead, still young.

[/QUOTE]

T. Evans does not have a great work ethic or b-ball IQ. Hate to state it - BUT - it is true!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Smart had a really nice game yesterday - he was definitely an instigator on the defensive end!

The stop and pop he made in the lane in the 4th quarter reminded me a bit of Joe Dumars back in the day.

Looking forward to witnessing M. Smart develop his b-ball skills in Green! 

Go Celtics!!

m 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The stop and pop he made in the lane in the 4th quarter reminded me a bit of Joe Dumars back in the day.

That 4th quarter stop and pop... I fell out of my chair. I though I had died and gone to heaven.

The kid's not afraid of the big moment... he steps up to the pressure.

And that's when I judge a player.

Celtic ROY's.... Heinsohn('56).... Cowens('70).... Bird('79)... MSmart('14).

About  damn time!!!

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That 4th quarter stop and pop... I fell out of my chair. I though I had died and gone to heaven.

About  damn time!!!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Pud, I am changing my opinion of you.  This is unprecedented positivity.  It is refreshing.  Looks like this will be a fun season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Marcus temper though is against opposition..Rondos temper is locker/coach..I prefer Marcus temper problem!

[/QUOTE]

I am a fan of both Rondo and Smarts "tempers" I think they have a real fire and passion for the game that you need on a basketball team. I am talking more in terms of people claiming Smart is an all around player when he cant shoot, But then trying to claim Rondo ISNT an all around player bc he "cant shoot" (which he now can). It doesn't make sense lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

LOL! Pud, I am changing my opinion of you. This is unprecedented positivity. It is refreshing. Looks like this will be a fun season.

easy prakash. this is precisely the unbridled enthusiasm the puddin has expressed for every potential rondo successor since he made up his mind to be a hater years back. delonte west's potential was deemed particularly sky high as i recall. likewise e'twaun moore's. it's called spin. rondo's exit is the prize, not smart's success.

bp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did.  Though I can't stand the guy I loaded up on his rookie cards!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

About  damn time!!!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Pud, I am changing my opinion of you.  This is unprecedented positivity.  It is refreshing.  Looks like this will be a fun season.

[/QUOTE]

prakash.... Everything I know about unbridled optimism..... I've learned from you, the master optimist.

Lets just hope that mine is a bit more reality based than yours.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Mentioning Smart in the same sentence as Cowens as Bird before he has ever played a game? Sounds realistic to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I like the pick of M.Smart when it happened based on what I had heard about him. I know its only one summer league game but I wasnt real impressed. I expected to see a guy much better than Pressey. Maybe he needs to work out his jitters but he didnt look comfortable and I thought his ball handling was a little shaky for a pg prospect. He looks good on free throws and hit a floater in the paint but his game 17 feet and out is suspect and his playmaking seems competent for the league but his size was not that overpowering because everyone has size in the nba. I hope he continues to improve but for a 6th overall pick, I expected a bit more.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

Sections
Shortcuts