Mark Cuban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Mark Cuban

Total baloney from Cuban!  He is nothing more than a phony flimflam which he has himself proven true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Re: Mark Cuban

Text from my Email to ESPN:

PTI aired 5/22/14. I am extremely disappointed in the meaningless CYA response from both Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon with regard to the Mark Cuban rant in reference to Donald Silver's recent comments relating to "black" people.

Both Kornheiser and Wilbon acknowledged they are "friends" with Cuban and that they like him. Obviously viewers such as me know that both hosts have a level of allegiance to the partnership of ESPN and the NBA. It is obvious to me that these relationships influenced the CYA comments made by both hosts and that is a shameful display of reverse bias reporting!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I heard the comments from Cuban. He might well be a "friend" of Sterling. He might well be a friend to both Kornheiser and Wilbon. He might well be designing a self serving statement to please both the NBA and ESPN in sounding "real" while trying to be acceptable to everyone. But essentially, for a guy his age and background, his words rang true. He did take a risk in even opening his mouth. He gets nothing by doing so, no gains what-so-ever, only opened himself up to this very type of criticism.

It was his opinion pure and simple. You certainly have a right to disagree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I have absolutely no issue with anything that Cuban said (what I've heard anyway) and actually kind of agree with a lot of it. With the two examples...I'd probably do the same thing. As a dude you always judge strange people on the street on a threat level basis...so I get what he meant. What it sounds like to me, though, is that he might not vote against Sterling, with an eye on rehabilitation instead. I don't think that's the way to go...but it sounds like he may be leaning that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The media looking to turn everything into a circus and idiots like Chris Carter are leading the parade. Listened to Carter this morning about his call of racism and so on. What a moron.

Cuban said what he would do in a given situation and I cant find any fault with it. The PC nonsense has gone overboard and maybe what public figure people will start doing is have their lawyers prepare written statements in response to any questions and never open their mouths again. Its become a witch hunt to grab more headlines and sensationalism.

Only problem I had was Cuban giving way to pressure and apologizing to trevon martin cause of his circumstances wearing a hoodie..

I grew up in Newark, NJ, as a white and the minority in that city. A million times walking down the street seeing a group of black kids huddled on the corner, if I didnt know them, i crossed the street. I knew the odds were stacked I was gonna take a beating or something worse. Thats not prejudice, that decision was based upon experience and reason but people like Chris Carter would prefer you walk into the hornets nest, get stung, beaten, hospitalized or whatever..but at least you can proclaim youre not racist according to his misguided standard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The media looking to turn everything into a circus and idiots like Chris Carter are leading the parade. Listened to Carter this morning about his call of racism and so on. What a moron.

Cuban said what he would do in a given situation and I cant find any fault with it. The PC nonsense has gone overboard and maybe what public figure people will start doing is have their lawyers prepare written statements in response to any questions and never open their mouths again. Its become a witch hunt to grab more headlines and sensationalism.

Only problem I had was Cuban giving way to pressure and apologizing to trevon martin cause of his circumstances wearing a hoodie..

I grew up in Newark, NJ, as a white and the minority in that city. A million times walking down the street seeing a group of black kids huddled on the corner, if I didnt know them, i crossed the street. I knew the odds were stacked I was gonna take a beating or something worse. Thats not prejudice, that decision was based upon experience and reason but people like Chris Carter would prefer you walk into the hornets nest, get stung, beaten, hospitalized or whatever..but at least you can proclaim youre not racist according to his misguided standard

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately,  the race issue is always gonna be a war of words. Why not let the past be in the past and let's move forward. Every person in this world has said things that they either shouldn't have or don't mean. There is no innocent party as far as racism goes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So true. While I agree racism still exists...Reverse racism exists to the point of near epidemic proportions. You will never convince me otherwise. Chris carter makes me want to vomit. He acts like racists fool IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I wish to thank all who responded to my thread.  It was a pleasure to read every response as they were meaningful and well written.  Cuban is the type of personality that must be in the forefront of whatever is possible and in doing so believes his importance in the eyes of the world becomes elevated.