Marquis Daniels will play again!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Marquis Daniels will play again!!!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/09/marquis-daniels-will-play-next-season/

Would you sign him for the right price, he was solid before being injured

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Marquis Daniels will play again!!!

In Response to Marquis Daniels will play again!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/09/marquis-daniels-will-play-next-season/ Would you sign him for the right price, he was solid before being injured
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

If he is able to pass a physical and will sign for the minimum, then why not. He can be a good rotation player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He was ok but doesn't warrant any exclamation points.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

His condition sounds very serious and he should take his money and go on with a life that may not put him in a wheelchair.  The injury to him did set us back a lot this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Marquis Daniels will play again!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think this is a mistake on Daniels part.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I also agree that maybe he shouldn't take a chance of playing again.  He is very injury prone and I could see him having another injury this year.   I wish him the best and he may end up back on the Celtics.  Just not sure that it is a good idea for him to even attempt to play again. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I keep thinking of Reggie Lewis, who shopped around for a diagnosis he liked, and wound of paying the ultimate price.  I like him as a player.  His injury forced Danny's hand in the Perk trade -- and if he's really healthy and not in dangter, I'd love to see him the Green (or sharing green with Green :-) )  But his health has to come first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is a tough one.  However, when you consider this is what these guys do, I say go for it.  He sustained a freak injury on a freak play.  I don't think he should give up the game.  The guy is 30 years old and is very capable of contributing.  I also believe the way he plays lends itself to him playing 4 or 5 more years.  He's not an attacking, explosive physical player so he may be able to play without re-injuring himself.

I would not be surprised if DID retire though.  He graduated from Auburn with a degree in Sociology in just three and a half years so he is an intelligent guy.  I just think, with the career of an NBA player being so short (retire at 30-something), he's got his whole life ahead of him and will go ahead and play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Marquis Daniels will play again!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/09/marquis-daniels-will-play-next-season/ Would you sign him for the right price, he was solid before being injured
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

I did not even answer the question -- YES I would sign him for the right price if he were willing to return.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

celts need to give up a bit on the iffy and wounded. quis has missed missed most f the last 3 seasons with key injuries at key times in the season. this ship has sailed.

Sections
Shortcuts