Marquis Daniels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Marquis Daniels

As long as Delonte is playing well Quis will give the Celtics a scoring threat as a slasher. In 2 preseason games Daniels has been doing a good job of penetrating. For now, I think Daniels is good enough to be the backup SF. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Marquis Daniels

I dunno. I'm still not sold on that guy. To me, he is too undersized to guard the bigger wings in the league like LeBron, Kobe, Melo, etc.

He's just not aggressive on the offensive end. The Celtics were looking at better swingmen during the offseason, but nothing materialized.

I was hoping we would have signed Josh Howard, but oh well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Marquis Daniels:
    [QUOTE]I dunno. I'm still not sold on that guy. To me, he is too undersized to guard the bigger wings in the league like LeBron, Kobe, Melo, etc. He's just not aggressive on the offensive end. The Celtics were looking at better swingmen during the offseason, but nothing materialized. I was hoping we would have signed Josh Howard, but oh well.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

There are better SFs out there, sure. The Celtics just can't afford them. 

Right now Marquis Daniels is better than Matt Barnes, that's for sure.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I'm hoping Daniels to do good this season, however his performance last night was identical last year. He budded early and faded early in the middle of the season.
    So Fierce stop your optimistic and choose the reality.
    it's because he did a good job in one training game, now he is super?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

The point I was trying to make was: What if Pierce goes down with an injury? Quis is unable to step into his shoes, he's just not good enough.

Pierce is a decent enough defender to contain those 3 players, but if he goes down, Quis would get killed out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Quis clearly has talent, but has a history of injury.  He played well at the begining of last year when healthy and did not at the end while still recovery from injury.  Even KG can't play effectively when he's recovering.  I think the C's were searching more for reliability as opposed to talent in trying to replace Quis. 

Also, there is so much emphasis on these boards about having a solid backup at every position.  With the salary cap you have to realize this is near impossible.  Even for championship teams.  This isn't a fantasy team (although if you went back in time say 4-5 years ago it certainly looks like one on paper).  Let's be realistic here, do Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Rose, Stat, Melo, Bosh, JJ all have solid backups behind them?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]Quis clearly has talent, but has a history of injury.  He played well at the begining of last year when healthy and did not at the end while still recovery from injury.  Even KG can't play effectively when he's recovering.  I think the C's were searching more for reliability as opposed to talent in trying to replace Quis.  Also, there is so much emphasis on these boards about having a solid backup at every position.  With the salary cap you have to realize this is near impossible.  Even for championship teams.  This isn't a fantasy team (although if you went back in time say 4-5 years ago it certainly looks like one on paper).  Let's be realistic here, do Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Rose, Stat, Melo, Bosh, JJ all have solid backups behind them?
    Posted by greenpride32[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Speaking about solid backups:
    1-RR - />Nate
    2-RA - />DW
    4-KG - />BBD

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marquis Daniels : Hi, Speaking about solid backups: 1-RR - />Nate 2-RA - />DW 4-KG - />BBD AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE] You missed the back ups at Center while KP recovers from surgery Shamrock,JON and The Big Turkey Erdan. those three guys give the Celtics incredible length and depth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Marquis Daniels:
    [QUOTE]As long as Delonte is playing well Quis will give the Celtics a scoring threat as a slasher. In 2 preseason games Daniels has been doing a good job of penetrating. For now, I think Daniels is good enough to be the backup SF. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

-

This is the time of year to be optimistic, and this is a different team, and I have a feeling that MD will have a good season and I hope injury free.  As long as he is healthy and gets adequate minutes he is very capable of doing the job.

To make along story short, I agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]The point I was trying to make was: What if Pierce goes down with an injury? Quis is unable to step into his shoes, he's just not good enough. Pierce is a decent enough defender to contain those 3 players, but if he goes down, Quis would get killed out there.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

If any of them get hurt long-term, we are in trouble.  But, in the short term....look for Doc to go with RR, West, Ray, KG and Shaq/JON at crunch time.

I still believe Perk will bring us the backup we need at the trading deadline.  I had hoped Wafer would step it up  a little, but you guys are saying he's lost, so I don't know!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Right on!

Md is talented and if he remains healthy..can you say ala J. Crawford 6th man of the year??? (MD definitly has more talent!}  He is now dedicated to the three and has practiced to extreme!! Can he guard LBJ or Carmelo big time ...probably not but we'll see!

Healthy is the key.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marquis Daniels : There are better SFs out there, sure. The Celtics just can't afford them.  Right now Marquis Daniels is better than Matt Barnes, that's for sure.  
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Daniels is not better then Barnes. Daniels is made of glass and is an injury prone scrub. He has played over 60 games once in his 8 year career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Right on! Md is talented and if he remains healthy..can you say ala J. Crawford 6th man of the year??? (MD definitly has more talent!}  He is now dedicated to the three and has practiced to extreme!! Can he guard LBJ or Carmelo big time ...probably not but we'll see! Healthy is the key.
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]
        Jamal Crawford is twice the player that Daniels is. Marquis hits a game winning shot in a preseason game and you guys get carried away thinking he's going to be the next 6th man of the year.
        We'll just have to wait and see how Daniel's plays this season. Lasme might give him some competition for the back up 3 position. Competition is a good thing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Lasme makes the team. We need someone who is long and can rebound and defend. I still think Daniels looks like he just smoked a doobie.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Lasme plays PF so it doesn't solve the Celtics need for a backup SF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not overly confident in Daniels but he has looked better in the pre-season. True that backup SF is one of the biggest weaknesses on this team...in some cases Doc may try to get around that by "going small," but when we have to have more bigs in the game this could get tough. Pierce needed a bit more rest last season than he got, so this is a story to watch....hopefully Daniels will stay healthy and step up just enough. If we're going to have a weakness, backup SF is not so bad - our guard depth is better than last year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

My only true concern with Daniels is if he stays healthy during the season and espec. in the post season to defend players like Kobe and LeBron. 

In the last 6 regular seasons he has missed 176 games due to injuries. I miss Tony Allen's defense, but Daniels is a better scorer no question.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I liked what MD did last year up until his injury. When he lost all that time his game faded upon his return.  Hes a good all around player best suited as a backup. 

When I look at the guys head I cant help feeling hes less of a player. I know, it doesnt make any sense but that real long, wild hair and pronounced skeletal features are so big it makes the rest of his body seem small & fragile. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

is there any way we can get shak to sit on this guy while someone runs the shears over his dome?  i mean i'd like the guy 70% more right off the bat if he lost the woopi goldberg look with that "hair"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Quis is the player of the game tonight against Toronto. 11 pts, 5-6 fg, in 21 minutes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

MD is looking GOOOOOOOD''

nice 3 pter

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What I like about Daniels is he can handle the ball and he doesn't force shots. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Another good showing by Quis against Philly. 

Sections
Shortcuts