Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Win  - win

We just lost Bogans, Crawford and Brooks in 24 hours.

[/QUOTE]

was bogans part of the trade??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I sort of like this. DA dumping salaries. Is there a possibility Anthony could be waived or no???  I like the fact that DA is not waiting for last minute trades

[/QUOTE]He dumped two small salaries for one that is bigger than the two combined.  Not good.  Anthony has a player option, if he exercises it we can't waive him, and he would have to be brain damaged not to.  This had better be a step for another move or it is really bad, and don't tell me those second round picks are worth anything.  Our second round pick this year is in freggin Istanbul.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Win  - winI aSomething else is brewing, folks.  We just lost Bogans, Crawford and Brooks in 24 hours.

I would still rather have had Montejunas, but I'll take Anthony right now!

[/QUOTE]

I agree that is a lot of guards gone even with Rondo coming back. Maybe bass or Humphries is next to go. There is no doubt there is a serious tank going on at this point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

I sort of like this. DA dumping salaries. Is there a possibility Anthony could be waived or no???  I like the fact that DA is not waiting for last minute trades

[/QUOTE]

Can Anthony be traded again this year Fierce? Just curious if this is an another asset in a possible trade this year? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]He dumped two small salaries for one that is bigger than the two combined.  Not good.  Anthony has a player option, if he exercises it we can't waive him, and he would have to be brain damaged not to.  This had better be a step for another move or it is really bad, and don't tell me those second round picks are worth anything.  Our second round pick this year is in freggin Istanbul.

[/QUOTE]

It made the team worse this year. that in itself makes it not "really bad".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Win  - win

We just lost Bogans, Crawford and Brooks in 24 hours.

[/QUOTE]

was bogans part of the trade??

[/QUOTE]

No, he has left the team indefinitely for personal reasons (he's not playing and can't deal)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

He dumped two small salaries for one that is bigger than the two combined.  Not good.  Anthony has a player option, if he exercises it we can't waive him, and he would have to be brain damaged not to.  This had better be a step for another move or it is really bad, and don't tell me those second round picks are worth anything.  Our second round pick this year is in freggin Istanbul.

[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be really bad, that's the point!  Anthony may NOT exercise his option.  It's a gamble.

Obviously, Crawford was done here after this year, and we got, if nothing else, a 3rd string C who's 31 years old, and probably won't complain about PT.

If he stays, he won't play next year, and it is what Wallace should be making this year anyway.

Just hope he opts out...........that's all we can do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I still say Bradley is not our future starter at the SG spot.  He is an ideal 6th man/3rd guard though.  We need a center and 2 stud wing players.  Hump, bass, Wallace, bradley, and green are all trade bait for those 3 needs, either through player, pick, or salary dump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bayless made Crawford expendable. Danny knows what he is doing guys.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more of Danny is starting to tank.

[/QUOTE]  That's what i mean, Danny knows what we need to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I don't agree with you.  Brooks never played, and JC's minutes were about to be greatly reduced by Rondo, so I don't think we are getting worse.  In fact, if Rondo plays well we are about to get better...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

@WojYahooNBA: Miami's second rounder to Boston is a 2016 pick, league source tells Yahoo.

m.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Philly makes the playoff's next year does that mean we get their first round draft pick?  If so that makes this trade look a whole lot better. Noel will be playing next year in a very weak east, i can see them being in the playoffs next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I don't agree with you.  Brooks never played, and JC's minutes were about to be greatly reduced by Rondo, so I don't think we are getting worse.  In fact, if Rondo plays well we are about to get better...

[/QUOTE]

It is more of a sideway or non-event of a deal.  Rondo was coming back no matter what, so on that front, the deal has nothing to with us getting better.  The best part of the deal is the potential for a 1st round pick, other than that, yawn...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

Somebody take away his trade machine privledges!

+1

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  That was really funny ! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

If Philly makes the playoff's next year does that mean we get their first round draft pick?  If so that makes this trade look a whole lot better. Noel will be playing next year in a very weak east, i can see them being in the playoffs next season.

Good question-they have alot of pieces they are rumored to be moving at the deadline-Thad Young, Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner.  If they keep a few of said players and build with younguns Carter-Williams and Noel and two top picks from the upcoming draft that would probably get them in the playoffs in the crapfest that is the Eastern Conference.  They have a solid head coach to boot. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ha ha r9r!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's (I think) top 14 protected this year and top 15 protected next year.

They are only 3 games out of the 8 seed now.............anthing is possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be really bad, that's the point!  Anthony may NOT exercise his option.  It's a gamble.

Obviously, Crawford was done here after this year, and we got, if nothing else, a 3rd string C who's 31 years old, and probably won't complain about PT.

If he stays, he won't play next year, and it is what Wallace should be making this year anyway.

[/QUOTE]  It's not a gamble, come on man.  Anthony stinks, and if he was a free agent he likely would not be picked up by anyone.  Why on god's green earth would he not pick up a 3.8 million dollar option?  I don't mind losing crawford, but I hate that we picked up more salary for next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  It's not a gamble, come on man.  Anthony stinks, and if he was a free agent he likely would not be picked up by anyone.  Why on god's green earth would he not pick up a 3.8 million dollar option?  I don't mind losing crawford, but I hate that we picked up more salary for next year.

[/QUOTE]

Brooks and Crawford combined make 3.43 mill

Anthony makes 3.8 this year and next.

If we kept Crawford on his QO for next year, that's 3.2 mill - just for him.

Are you really trying to say that  in today's NBA, a net gain of 600K is "taking on salary" for next year?

I like the deal, but let's see what else DA has up his sleeve.

We only have 7 players under contract for next season!  He has to do something else!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

SO Ainge picks up another athletic big man at reasonable, short, money

Favorani and Joel Anthony come in under HALF of what Humphrys makes !

I like Joel Anthony to start at Center over Sullinger (give Sully a break and don't expect him to play C) immediately with Rondo returning as well

Joel Anthony @ $3.8M next season is a nice pickup (you wouldn't get a free agent as good as Joel Anthony to come to Boston for cheap, short money)

Plus the Celtics have a shot at another #1 draft pick !

awesome deal to parlay Jordan Crawford into a #1pick and Joel Anthony.....Marshon Brooks was not part of plan anyway, Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks for Joel Anthony and a #1 ?

Another steal by Ainge !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really trying to say that  in today's NBA, a net gain of 600K is "taking on salary" for next year?

We only have 7 players under contract for next season!  He has to do something else!

[/QUOTE]but it is unlikely they were going to give JC his QO, ergo we are down 3.8 mil, which is significant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]but it is unlikely they were going to give JC his QO, ergo we are down 3.8 mil, which is significant.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it would go to either Crawford or Bradley, can we agree on that?  We still only have 7 players under contract for next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SO Ainge picks up another athletic big man at reasonable, short, money

Favorani and Joel Anthony come in under HALF of what Humphrys makes !

I like Joel Anthony to start at Center over Sullinger (give Sully a break and don't expect him to play C) immediately with Rondo returning as well

Joel Anthony @ $3.8M next season is a nice pickup (you wouldn't get a free agent as good as Joel Anthony to come to Boston for cheap, short money)

Plus the Celtics have a shot at another #1 draft pick !

awesome deal to parlay Jordan Crawford into a #1pick and Joel Anthony.....Marshon Brooks was not part of plan anyway, Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks for Joel Anthony and a #1 ?

Another steal by Ainge !

[/QUOTE]
    Are you high?  Anthony is horrible.  The Heat have crap for big men and they didnt play him.  The Sixers have no interest in making the playoffs this year, maybe next year if we are very lucky.  I am fine losing brooks and jc, but i feel we added salary we can't afford and we will need to get lucky for these picks to pan out.  I would rather have just traded him for a second round pick and gotten nothing.  I hold out hope, however, that this will be just the first of a few moves over the next 5 weeks...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, it would go to either Crawford or Bradley, can we agree on that?  We still only have 7 players under contract for next season.

[/QUOTE]  sure, bradley will demand more money next year, that is fair, but my point is that we could have dumped jc without taking on salary, thus freeing up more to pay ab, assuming we want to keep him, which personally i do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Dont really undertand this trade. Is da really willing to take on a guaranted deal for next year for what will  most likely be 2 2nd round picks? (anyone who thinks joel anthony is not going to excerise his $3.8 mill PLAYER option next year is crazy). It surely looks like we are in tanking mode. I was hoping maybe wed get festus ezili out of the trade, but we are allergic to size. Another 6'9 center.  My only thought is possibly using these 2nd rounders as sweetners in a trade? It almost seems like we are clearing bodies to possibly take more in on a trade. This is my only conclusion.  

Sections
Shortcuts