Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is not good.  Anthony makes more than crawford and brooks combined, will definently opt in for next year.  Who gives a rat's rump about future second round picks?  Essentially we added 400000 dollars to our payroll.  Please, someone tell me I am wrong.

[/QUOTE]

agreed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Win  - win

Play Anthony and he thinks his value will go up, so he opts out.

Don't play Anthony and he thinks he's not being treated fairly, so he opts out!

Something else is brewing, folks.  We just lost Bogans, Crawford and Brooks in 24 hours.

I would still rather have had Montejunas, but I'll take Anthony right now!

[/QUOTE]

Clearing space for a 3fer?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but ideally a 3'fer would go the other way so we UPGRADE" not downgrade to quantity over quality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Tony Douglas any good? 

To me, it seems like GSW made out like bandits

[/QUOTE]
    agreed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    agreed

[/QUOTE]

You guys are missing the point.  Ainge didn't want this trade to be good. He wanted to lose a skilled player and get nothing back. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It has been mentioned in this thread by one other poster many posts ago that Anthony will be an EXPIRING contract as soon as this season ends.  With that being the case, he and his 3.8 M contract for the 2014-15 season is easily moved whenever Ainge wants to move it.

If Anthony had two (or more) years left on his contract I guess I could see why you all would be so wound up about this deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Win  - win

Something else is brewing, folks.  We just lost Bogans, Crawford and Brooks in 24 hours.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but ideally a 3'fer would go the other way so we UPGRADE" not downgrade to quantity over quality.

[/QUOTE]

We're thin at SG ... Maybe TPE for Hayward is on the table?

or how bout this ...

Bogans and Sixers protected 1st rounder for Turner!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not now, we want the Sixers to be good, remember??  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Joel Anthony...wuff. Did the Warriors give us a tube of KY in that 3-way?

SMH

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to Petey62's comment:

Is the hope that Anthony doesn't opt in for $3.8 next season?

HAHAHA

Of course he will opt in!

No team will offer him 3.8m to leave the Celts.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Win  - win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We're thin at SG ... Maybe TPE for Hayward is on the table?

or how bout this ...

Bogans and Sixers protected 1st rounder for Turner!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not now, we want the Sixers to be good, remember??  LOL

[/QUOTE]

But if they give us Turner now they get get worse and get to use their lottery pick. Would you rather their 2nd rd pick in 2015 or Turner now?

[/QUOTE]

I just think they can do better than what you are proposing.  Philly may not want to trade with us anyway.  I think Hayward is easier to get than Turner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

You guys are missing the point.  Ainge didn't want this trade to be good. He wanted to lose a skilled player and get nothing back. 

[/QUOTE]

Ainge is gambling that the Sixers make the playoffs next season. That could happen in the EC. If it does, Ainge will be chest thumpin' that he converted Crawford into a mid #1 pick.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Ainge is gambling that the Sixers make the playoffs next season. That could happen in the EC. If it does, Ainge will be chest thumpin' that he converted Crawford into a mid #1 pick

It is more likely that the 76ers don't make the playoffs next season and we end up with the two 2nd rounders. Meanwhile, we're stuck with a useless lug like Anthony and his $3.8M player option next year that he will surely exercise. Wuff.

I hope we can fit him into another deal and get his useless butt out of Boston.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True!

But by removing JC, Boston's 3rd leading scorer, Tankapalooza is in full swing!

Celts will end up the bandits if they get Embiid or Jabari in the 2014 Draft because they tanked.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

By removing Crawford, Danny is saying that Bayless was such an upgrade at PG that he can afford to dump Craw and Brooks. I have to admit I thought they'd get more for Craw and either keep Brooks for development or package him later once developed for more than a 2nd round pick.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cshashaty's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ainge is gambling that the Sixers make the playoffs next season. That could happen in the EC. If it does, Ainge will be chest thumpin' that he converted Crawford into a mid #1 pick

[/QUOTE]

It is more likely that the 76ers don't make the playoffs next season and we end up with the two 2nd rounders. Meanwhile, we're stuck with a useless lug like Anthony and his $3.8M player option next year that he will surely exercise. Wuff.

[/QUOTE]

Anthony can't be traded until this season is over now. So what was Danny's motivation to trade Craw & Brooks for Anthony and the Sixer pick ... two 2nd rounders in 2015 & 2016?

[/QUOTE]

To get worse this year and get a higher pick.  It seems pretty obvious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Anthony can't be traded until this season is over now. So what was Danny's motivation to trade Craw & Brooks for Anthony and the Sixer pick ... two 2nd rounders in 2015 & 2016?

Both were going to be FAs that weren't going to be re-signed, so DA thought two picks, with one having a chance (slim) to be a 1st, and a useless lug was better than getting nothing.

Again, I just hope DA can ship Anthony's useless @$$ out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Great move by Danny!!

Crawford and Brooks were not part of the future... so Danny moved them for a body to take hits blocking the middle when Hump leaves and preserves the health of Sully and Oly while they focus on positional development.  AND Danny gets either 3 second round picks or 1 first and 1 second.  Either can be parlayed into future trades.

Brilliant.  I love it!!

Don't look at this as an isolated deal.  Each move is just an incremental piece to a bigger rebuild strategy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ainge is gambling that the Sixers make the playoffs next season. That could happen in the EC. If it does, Ainge will be chest thumpin' that he converted Crawford into a mid #1 pick

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

Danny is playing possum with this idea he isn't "enamored" with this draft.  He's been saying for 2 years this will be the best draft in a long time.  That's why he wanted the picks THIS year.......and we can still end up with 2 lottery picks.

Aside from Fab, and you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last two times we had 2 first round picks we took  Tony Allen and Delonte West with one and Big Al and Perk with the other!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? You really think dumping Brooks and Crawford make us worse when Brooks added nothing and Craw is replaced with Bayless? Not much change there in wins & losses if you ask me.

[/QUOTE]

You asked what his motivation was. I gave you the asnwer. I don't think there will be much change in wins and losses either but it is obvious Ainge did not make this trade to improve the team this year.

His motivation is tanking this year and getting picks for the future. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Gotta agree with MPloyee on this.  

There was no negative affect on the roster by this move.  The Bayless acquisition negated Crawford.  Bayless is a better PG than Crawford and Brooks wasn't/isn't even a consideration.  Celtics did not negatively affect their roster at all.  

net-net = we gained a body to sacrafice at center short term and 2 or 3 draft picks for nothing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I believe that there will be another trade.  Danny will have to create playing time for Anthony.  That will allow Anthony to opt out of his contract next year in hope of getting a multi-year deal.  Sems like Bass is next.  His contract is moveable and he will add value where he goes.  That will free up playing time for Anthony and, hopefully, to him opting out of the last year of his deal.

Sections
Shortcuts