Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!!

In Response to Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!!:
    [QUOTE]Brooks would have been an impact player behind Ray Allen. I've got a feeling that Jajuan won't see the light of day. Still have a gaping hole in the middle. If the future 2nd round pick were for next year I would feel better about this but as of now we have no idea about the details of that "future 2nd round pick". This pick was better than the ones that we are accustomed to from Ainge but I think that he screwed up again. I hope that Johnson proves me wrong.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I hope JJ does prove me wrong too. I liked Brooks. We need scorers in a bad way, and he was atleast an answer to that. I hope Danny has something else planned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

NJ does have an early 2nd round pick. Maybe Boston could get that pick and draft someone like Jordan Williams, Jeremy Tyler, Keith Benson, Tyler Honeycutt, or Josh Selby.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

...or Trey Thompkins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Future second round pick...not this draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!! : So the second round pick is in this draft?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. All I know that it was a "future 2nd round pick". I wish that they were specific about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Marshon = Gerald Green. I am glad we finally drafted some length. Now to sign some bigs in free agency.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Gerald Green came straight out of high school with no basketball IQ and little in the way of shooting

Marshon Brooks shot 48% against Big East defenses, with 35% from 3pt range and also pulled down 7 rebounds per game with his crazy 7-1 wingspan.  Heck, just by virtue of his 7-1 wingspan, he'll bother people on the perimeter the same way Tayshuan Prince did.

Maybe now they can pick multiple project big men and hope one of them pans out... 

But Brooks' scoring could have instantly contributed

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!! : Marshon Brooks = Gerald Green defensively
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I'll take your word for it.  I didn't watch him extensively enough

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!! : JO is the only true Center left on the Celtics roster. If Glen Davis also leaves Doc will have no choice but to play JaJuan.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
     Do you really see JaJuan as a Center? He weights what, 220?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I have given the pick a little more thought and I realize that it may have been a good pick after all. Johnson will not work as a Center. He is way too skinny and will not be able to gain much weight due to his frame but he would make a good replacement to KG....dang. Jeremy Tyler just picked...Was hoping, though not really expecting, that he would fall to Boston's #55. Who knows maybe Boston could pick up Keith Benson or Greg Smith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

We are all concerned about the gaping hole that Boston has at the 5. What most concerns me is that Boston does not have any leverage in negotiating with a Free Agent for that position as Boston only has gimpy JON at Center. That is not a good position to be in... Boston should have purchased the rights to Jeremy Tyler.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Could Marshon Brooks beat out Von Wafer for minutes in the rotation ? I doubt it.

We do have a huge need at Center/PF , JJ Johnson will need to play this season at least as much as Semih Erden did for the first 50 games of this season

Dallas just got Rudy Fernandez from Portland.....always thought he's look good in Green, now we'll never know...Dallas should be perfect for Fernandez , taking over for Jason Kidd  , a perfect spot for Fernandez....was hoping Danny could swindle the idiot in Minnesota on one of the Euros, maybe later in the night it will hapen ?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I still think that Brooks would have been better for Boston. Shooters like him don't come around too often. Many people compare him to Kobe Bryant. It's a tough one...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There is no way that JuJuan can play the 5 spot in the NBA. NFW. He is frail PF.

Guess we will need to keeep BBD for fill in for JO in the middle unless some other moves are planned which if we don't we won't be competitive next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You all are under-estimating Marshon's defensive potential. He wasn;t asked to play D for Providence.  With his 7 1" wingspan, just having that length is a defensive asset.

We're gonna regret this trade...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]I still think that Brooks would have been better for Boston. Shooters like him don't come around too often. Many people compare him to Kobe Bryant. It's a tough one...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]
    I think the big thing with Brooks was his lack of defense. He would have probably rode the pine this season unless he showed he Doc some ability to play good defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

BBD looked better than JON last year and it's another year of calcification so we better try to sign him.  Our front court looks really sad right now, we might be able to pick some stop gap player but there is not really many competent big around to choose from.  I just don't think JON will last the season playing big minutes.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Again, there is no way that Johnson can play 5. He would get destroyed every night against every team.  He is a frail PF

25. This post has been removed.