Master Tanker

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Master Tanker

For your own good dude, you gotta get a life!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

For your own good dude, you gotta get a life!

Agree. He's here 24/7. He says he has lot and lots of fun...

laughing out loud

Watch when the Celtics don't get Wiggins he will find a way to twist the reality...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

the point is rondo isnt ready yet. green could score 20ppg but thats not enough. imagine the cavs, theyve got ton of potential players but they didnt make it to the playoffs.

the cavs also didnt actually tanking but they earned 1st overall pick, right?

you better compare the roster of cavs last year and celts today.

pretty obvious that the C's got more unproven and underachieving players.

just saying

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fungus ruined other threads with this  topic so now he makes a new thread about the same thing. Anything to get more attention, even if its rehashing the same boring stuff over n over, cause BDC = life for him.

He starts off telling us DA is tanking for Wiggins... after another poster calls him out for being moronic, that the chances of picking #1 are remote, Fungus backpeddles and says the next 3 picks are comparable to Melo, Harden & C Webber.... so now THATS what DA is doing LOL

He's always shifting or lying about his opinions cause he obviously knows so little about basketball... he might know a little about salary caps and all that boring stuff because only a few here pay attention to it... Im sure hes studied it for hours and hours so he'd know something because he sure as heck doesnt know much about the game itself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Fungus ruined other threads with this  topic so now he makes a new thread about the same thing. Anything to get more attention, even if its rehashing the same boring stuff over n over, cause BDC = life for him.

He starts off telling us DA is tanking for Wiggins... after another poster calls him out for being moronic, that the chances of picking #1 are remote, Fungus backpeddles and says the next 3 picks are comparable to Melo, Harden & C Webber.... so now THATS what DA is doing LOL

He's always shifting or lying about his opinions cause he obviously knows so little about basketball... he might know a little about salary caps and all that boring stuff because only a few here pay attention to it... Im sure hes studied it for hours and hours so he'd know something because he sure as heck doesnt know much about the game itself.

Aww. Karl is thinking about Fierce.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

the point is rondo isnt ready yet. green could score 20ppg but thats not enough. imagine the cavs, theyve got ton of potential players but they didnt make it to the playoffs.

the cavs also didnt actually tanking but they earned 1st overall pick, right?

you better compare the roster of cavs last year and celts today.

pretty obvious that the C's got more unproven and underachieving players.

just saying

Agree.

Last season, even when Kyrie Irving averaged 22.5 ppg, the Cavs could only win 24 games.

This season the Celtics will not have Pierce's 18 ppg.

Maybe Jeff Green can replace Pierce's scoring, but that remains to be seen.

Right now the Celtic roster is only capable of winning 26 games, in my opinion.

You might be right.  Although I heard Mike Wilbon predict that the Celtics would win about 40 games.  I think that he is being overly optimistic.  It will be interesting to see how the Celtics perform this season.  Of course, it is better if they don't make the playoffs but I suppose that anything is possible. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rookie coach + a few good but not great players + PG coming back from major surgery + mid-season trades of the guys picked up from Brooklyn = mediocre team (30 wins max).

This team was not good last year with KG, PP and RR and a decent verteran supporting cast.  Now Green is the team's best player until Rondo comes back, and I still say he is a good 3rd or 4th option on a solid team.  Green will be driving the bus to Secaucus. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Rookie coach + a few good but not great players + PG coming back from major surgery + mid-season trades of the guys picked up from Brooklyn = mediocre team (30 wins max)

This team was not good last year with KG, PP and RR and a decent verteran supporting cast.  Now Green is the team's best player until Rondo comes back, and I still say he is a good 3rd or 4th option on a solid team.  Green will be driving the bus to Secaucus. 

Actually, the team was pretty good last season once we got rid of Rondo.. .unfortunately, DA didnt pick us up an even mediocre backup PG and then our emerging rookie star Sully went out for the season. Up to that point, we were looking pretty darn good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rookie coach + a few good but not great players + PG coming back from major surgery + mid-season trades of the guys picked up from Brooklyn = mediocre team (30 wins max)

Actually, the team was pretty good last season once we got rid of Rondo.. .unfortunately, DA didnt pick us up an even mediocre backup PG and then our emerging rookie star Sully went out for the season. Up to that point, we were looking pretty darn good.

True. And KG and Pierce aren't that good anymore. I think Brooklyn is going to be disappointed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Let's see how the season plays out. Expectations are not high, which can be a good thing. DA will have more cap room for the 2014-2015 season. You can't bank on the top pick because the ping pong balls go different ways. Hated to see PP and KG go but they are long past their primes. This is a young team with a few veterans. I'm actually expecting Jeff Green to have a breakout year because he won't be looking over his shoulder. Look for Kelly Olynyk to surprise. The biggest defeciency again will be rebounding. Unless Brad Stevens implements his defensive strategies like he did at butler. This should be a very interesting year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Let's see; lose the best 3 point shooter ever before last year; trade the team's top scorer and top defender this year. Add Crawford/Brooks, Hump, Green plays more minutes - youth shall prevail! And don't forget, Rondo stinks even though he is the assists leader and improved his 15 foot jump shot (elbow, etc) to be one of the most efficient in the league (look it up his mid-range jump shot perecentage was well above both Paul and Ray last year; not his 3 point which still stinks but his mid-range). If they keep Rondo out until Christmas, they win maybe 15% of those games. Bring Rondo back and chemistry lessons so they win 25% of games for the next third of season. Last third win 50% as team jells. That equals about a 30% winning percentage on the year and about 25 games - lottery with an improving trend...Danny likes to gamble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Almost all the NBA teams tried to improve their team this summer.

Ainge did the opposite.

DA got (Fungus' FAV) doc to leave.

That counts as DEF improvement.

One down.... one (#9)  to go.

Pud

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I mean everyday you read every single post I make.

HAHAHA

And you do likewise.... so who's the idiot?

Looks like a toss-up to me.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Danny Ainge!

Was it really necessary to trade KG and Pierce for GW and Humpy?

Absorbing GW's contract means the Celtics will pay GW 20.2m, total, until 2016.

Would Ainge have done that trade if Brooklyn didn't offer 3 1st round picks?

If Ainge kept Pierce and KG for 1 more year then the Celts would still be a playoff team next season.

The Celts would also have gotten 27.3m in cap relief from Pierce's expiring contract and KG's non-guaranteed salary for next season.

That would have meant the Celtics would be able to go after a big name free-agent next summer.

I cannot believe how you think you know more about what's right for the Boston Celtics than does DA. Its like your Avatar! You live in fantasy and are playing "Fantsy GM" almost all of the time. You are hysterical in your analysys, Fierce, unless during the times when you are plagerizing other's writings on a subject. I am amazed at how much effort you put into trying to look like you know what you are talking about. We are all LOFAO@U all the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

This tanking conspiracy is now bordering on Twilight Zone.

Things should be back to normal by training camp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

True. And KG and Pierce aren't that good anymore. I think Brooklyn is going to be disappointed.

If the Nets are hoping an old KG and Pierce can get them over the hump they will be highly disappointed.

Sections
Shortcuts