Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I don't think cleveland or orlando were pretenders.  I just think we were that much better.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

They were not pretenders until we made them pretenders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Wow, just because they are not our team it doesn't mean we disrespect them.  When you are 36 and 6, you don't do it by accident.  Tony Parker goes to the basket better than ANY point guard in the league, including Rose.  He's not as flashy, just effective.  Manu drives and they rebound well.  So, I think you'd be surprised as you watch them play.  They press the ball and come at you with a lot of scorers.    We are NOT the only good team in the league, folks.  The Spurs will not go away.  They have more talent than most people are aware of and like the Celtics, they don't get credit because they aren't flashy.  Miami, La, Chicago, Dallas have the high profile star, but the Celtics and the Spurs are more EFFECTIVE as a TEAM.  They are our alter ego in that they move/share the ball and they get open shots.  Not glamourous, but very effective.  Even more so when they start using Duncan more in the playoffs.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Very well said

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I saw a brief overview today that showed that tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of Kobe's 81 point game but somehow Perk is going to be a great center someday and that somehow Rondo averaging 12 points per game for his career is an elite point guard.  Kobe was a great player coming out of high school and has done nothing to disprove that... Perk was a project coming out of high school as was Rondo coming out of KY after two years and they have done very little to disprove that. In my humble opinion elite point guards enter the league as such and very few ever enter the elite group after not being drafted as such. Blake Griffin is already a great player, I don't care what anyone says - on the other hand there are those that still think that it is inevitable that Big Al will become a perennial all-star.  I will gladly forward you the email that I exchanged with Jackie MacMullen where she said Al Jefferson will be an all-star every year - routing for the laundry and not being objective can bite one occasionally.  This will be the first year Jefferson's team does not go through the lottery and not so coincidentally not because of him but maybe in spite of him...  he has improved about 3 percent since entering the league the same day as Dwight Howard who has been a perennial all-star and actually played in the playoffs and is a perennial MVP candidate. In my opinion great is great and rarely evolves over time.  Did Duncan become great player after 10 years in the league or did he enter the league as someone that everyone thought would maybe someday maybe if everything goes just so maybe he has a chance to become a great player?  When Chris Paul came out of school were there lots of experts saying maybe someday somehow if this and if that he could if everything goes just right he could become great?  NOPE. The best players are the best players when they arrive, and for the most part the rest are not what they think they are. My guess is that if you asked the average Celtics fan who thinks the Cs play the Washington Generals on the off-nights that the Harlem Globetrotters are not playing them who was drafted first Chris Paul or Deron Williams, they would generally all respond that Rondo was drafted ahead of them. One thing that must kill most Cs fans is that the two best front courts in the league are the Clippers and the TWolves and that none of them include Danny's picks and that the Celtics have absolutely no shot at ever competing for anything once the BIG 3 become the Really Really Old 3. Great players are great players, they very rarely evolve over time, and the Cs have none on their roster once the BIG 3 go. Either way - great, phenomenal, brilliant, all-star, etc are way way way overused and for the most part not at all applicable even though they are used on this board just about everyday. Some would have us believe that Big Baby is a great player..... imagine the disservice and insult calling Davis great does to Larry Bird or Dr. J or Michael or Magic....... Suffice it to say that in today's game if you are not the best in the game at your position you are very simply not great.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder you make all sorts of comments about guys YOU said couldn't do this and that.  If I wanted to spend the time I could start naming guys YOU have thrown out there as being VERY good young players that are not.  A lot of your guys are a dime a dozen also so don't act like you are the only one that can watch a game and see who the good players are because simply you are not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Dudder......San Antonio out to avenge a loss to NY knicks in NY.  Spurs at home and Duncan plays 35 mins instead of his normal 26 or so.   Duncan:  21 pts              16 rebounds                5 blocks (and many altered shots)                8 Assists  Holds Stoudemire to 8 for 25 shooting, 2 free throws, and 18 points. Think Duncan won't play more minutes and play well in big games and that Spurs are one and done with only jump shooters.  You couldn't be more wrong. I'd like to see Lakers for revenge in the finals, but if we get through the East, we may well face the Spurs.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I saw the Celtics dominate them where just about every possession ended with someone taking a jumper and Duncan completely ineffective.

Wow they beat the Knicks - a team that plays zero defense and basically says we are going to score 120 points see if you can match it.

KG owns Duncan and they have absolutely no chance of dealing with the Lakers size in the playoffs - when the Lakers finally actually start paying attention.

I wish I couldn't be more wrong but not being wrong at all is ok in my mind - we will have to agree to disagree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Dudder you make all sorts of comments about guys YOU said couldn't do this and that.  If I wanted to spend the time I could start naming guys YOU have thrown out there as being VERY good young players that are not.  A lot of your guys are a dime a dozen also so don't act like you are the only one that can watch a game and see who the good players are because simply you are not.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Being able to completely miss the point was not lost on you I can see that.

The point is simple - there are tons of descriptions that are overused and don't apply.  So saying so and so is great when they are as you say "a dime a dozen" is an insult to players that are actually great.

All I am trying to get at is some sort of consensus as to the usage of terms.

I remember very distinctly someone on this board daring me to try to identify a point guard in the Cs division that is better than D West - at the time the division's point guards were Jason kidd, Steph Marbury, TJ Ford, and Allen Iverson.  So every point guard in the division was better than West but this poster had already deemed West as great.  There is not objective person on the planet that would call anyone other than Kidd and AI great.

What we have seen is that West has real emotional and legal problems and is at best a decent ball player - not great, not the best at his position, etc. - a decent ballplayer who without his basketball abilities would be in jail.

There are any number of posters / bloggers / fans etc. that are very good judges of talent but the use of certain words to me is a joke.

When someone says so and so is great but he is not even the best of his era, not even the top 10 at his position, etc. it insults great players and cheapens the meaning.

Of course it goes along with everything else that is going on in this country - standards in every facet of life decline on almost a daily basis.

At a time when the country can least afford it there are those that thinking graduating high school is some sort of accomplishment.  Three generations ago a family whose daugher has a baby is embarrassed and ashamed and leave the town, now the average family of 4 is not two parents and two kids it is a single mother and 3 kids - the mother dropped out and the kids are destined to perpetuate the problems.

I read an article the other day about a school in Nashville where 90 girls came back from summer vacation pregnant - there were 978 kids in the school so almost 10% of the entire school was pregnant, and when you eliminate the boys (who generally don't get pregnant) fully 20% of the school was pregnant.

There are stats that show that as many as 25% of students drop out of high school and there are school districts where up to 80% of the kids drop out.

On this board, they would be called GREAT students.  Maybe now you get the point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs Hammer Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Being able to completely miss the point was not lost on you I can see that. The point is simple - there are tons of descriptions that are overused and don't apply.  So saying so and so is great when they are as you say "a dime a dozen" is an insult to players that are actually great. All I am trying to get at is some sort of consensus as to the usage of terms. I remember very distinctly someone on this board daring me to try to identify a point guard in the Cs division that is better than D West - at the time the division's point guards were Jason kidd, Steph Marbury, TJ Ford, and Allen Iverson.  So every point guard in the division was better than West but this poster had already deemed West as great.  There is not objective person on the planet that would call anyone other than Kidd and AI great. What we have seen is that West has real emotional and legal problems and is at best a decent ball player - not great, not the best at his position, etc. - a decent ballplayer who without his basketball abilities would be in jail. There are any number of posters / bloggers / fans etc. that are very good judges of talent but the use of certain words to me is a joke. When someone says so and so is great but he is not even the best of his era, not even the top 10 at his position, etc. it insults great players and cheapens the meaning. Of course it goes along with everything else that is going on in this country - standards in every facet of life decline on almost a daily basis. At a time when the country can least afford it there are those that thinking graduating high school is some sort of accomplishment.  Three generations ago a family whose daugher has a baby is embarrassed and ashamed and leave the town, now the average family of 4 is not two parents and two kids it is a single mother and 3 kids - the mother dropped out and the kids are destined to perpetuate the problems. I read an article the other day about a school in Nashville where 90 girls came back from summer vacation pregnant - there were 978 kids in the school so almost 10% of the entire school was pregnant, and when you eliminate the boys (who generally don't get pregnant) fully 20% of the school was pregnant. There are stats that show that as many as 25% of students drop out of high school and there are school districts where up to 80% of the kids drop out. On this board, they would be called GREAT students.  Maybe now you get the point.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Who cares what one poster said to you three years ago about West?

I got one for you.  You always keep droning on and on about how people always say Perkins is a great center.  Who said that?  I for one have never heard anyone say that Perkins was "great".  Care to back that up? By you know finding one person that has ever said it on this board?

Also dude you got way off track talking about pregnant chicks in Nashville.  someone has to tell you the truth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

...and the Cotex just lost to the Wizards. That's a lot worse than losing to the Mavs. Muhahahahahaah!

Sections
Shortcuts