Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm flat out shocked at whats become of the Lake Show. It's WORSE than what happened to the Celtics cause Lakers were home and Mavs have inferior talent. A bad way for PJ's LA tenure to end.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]
    The Mavs don't have inferior talent. In fact, Dallas is the perfect team to go against LA. Here is why: The Lakers typically enjoy a size advantage over team sbut in Dallas you have Nowitski, Chandler, and Haywood that not only neutralize it but I would have to say have an advantage over LA. One thing that I noticed last year is that LA has a huge weakness in defending the perimeter. Dallas has the players to light it up in the perimeter as they did last night. In addition to this, LA has shown an inability to stop quick point guards (like Rondo, Barea, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and Rodrigue Beaubois).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : What did Odom say about him? I know that Barkley and Kenny Smith were talking about it but I wasn't paying attention..
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]
    I haven't read any Odom quotes re: Pau. If anyone's heard them I'd be interested too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Rough days here in Lakerland. I gotta say, and I've thought this all season but not mentioned much - I lay the team's poor play primarily at Pau's feet. I'd assumed that Pau would change once the playoffs started. Not sure what his makeup consists of, but all season long (with the exception of a few stretches) he has played lethargic and undriven. I'm not sure where its coming from, whether it be exhaustion from three straight finals appearances and his play for Spain or just plain lack of drive for a third straight title (I suspect the latter), but he has been playing awful D and doing very little work down low in the offense. He is settling for layups instead of dunks and he is giving up far too easily on the defense. And on a team that looks to him as the #2 option, his play is severely affecting the rest of the team. Opposing teams are coming at Kobe harder than other years because they have Pau taking nothing but outside shots.  This is not the way to send Phil out. The Mavs are good, but they aren't great. And to allow them to take two at Staples is almost unforgivable. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying this from the perspective of being able to get back Qdaddy and others, but in all actuality I'd like to have a rubber match with the Lakers. Doesn't look like either end is holding up the bargain on that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think it's the PERFECT way for phil to go out!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]Rough days here in Lakerland. I gotta say, and I've thought this all season but not mentioned much - I lay the team's poor play primarily at Pau's feet. I'd assumed that Pau would change once the playoffs started. Not sure what his makeup consists of, but all season long (with the exception of a few stretches) he has played lethargic and undriven. I'm not sure where its coming from, whether it be exhaustion from three straight finals appearances and his play for Spain or just plain lack of drive for a third straight title (I suspect the latter), but he has been playing awful D and doing very little work down low in the offense. He is settling for layups instead of dunks and he is giving up far too easily on the defense. And on a team that looks to him as the #2 option, his play is severely affecting the rest of the team. Opposing teams are coming at Kobe harder than other years because they have Pau taking nothing but outside shots.  This is not the way to send Phil out. The Mavs are good, but they aren't great. And to allow them to take two at Staples is almost unforgivable. 

let me guess, the mavs were fortunate to leave L.A. 2-0, am i right???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

staples center boos last years REAL finals MVP. hint to the bandwagon babies, you don't win last year without gasol. that's what makes the lakeshow so lovable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I say blame it on the refs and move on!!1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's the PERFECT way for phil to go out!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Seeing as you are responding to a comment of mine, should I assume that I am no longer "dead to you" and being ignored?

I know. But I was playing along anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : let me guess, the mavs were fortunate to leave L.A. 2-0, am i right???
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]
    If you think the Lakers were playing anything but their "C" game, you are deluding yourself. If you think the Mavs were playing anything but their "A" game, I don't know what to tell you. Now it is on the Lakers to get everyone's mind straight and on the same page.

The Lakers' biggest enemy is themselves right now IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]staples center boos last years REAL finals MVP. hint to the bandwagon babies, you don't win last year without gasol. that's what makes the lakeshow so lovable.
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]
    The boos were a response to his effort - which was a mere shadow of the effort he put forth in the playoffs of the past two years. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I'm flat out shocked at whats become of the Lake Show. It's WORSE than what happened to the Celtics cause Lakers were home and Mavs have inferior talent. A bad way for PJ's LA tenure to end.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

THIS is the comment I was responding to - and everyone is off ignore until my retirement from the board.............but some people are still dead to me....interpret that any way you want!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]my retirement from the board....
    Uh huh. Got it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : If you think the Lakers were playing anything but their "C" game, you are deluding yourself. If you think the Mavs were playing anything but their "A" game, I don't know what to tell you. Now it is on the Lakers to get everyone's mind straight and on the same page. The Lakers' biggest enemy is themselves right now IMO.

Is there an injury issue with Gasol, i haven't heard anyone talk about it if there is.I agree the Lakers are not playing their best, but i don't think the Mavs played their Best last night either. Dirk had a good game, not a great game, and Terry was not at his best either!!  I mean is there anyone in the league who can guard the big German!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! :  Is there an injury issue with Gasol, i haven't heard anyone talk about it if there is.I agree the Lakers are not playing their best, but i don't think the Mavs played their Best last night either. Dirk had a good game, not a great game, and Terry was not at his best either!!  I mean is there anyone in the league who can guard the big German!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    I heard Pau had an upper respiratory infection in the first round. But that doesn't explain his recent play nor his play in the regular season. Whether or not the Mavs played their best is debateable, I guess, but I don't think anyone out there really thinks the Mavs are a better team than the Lakers (with the possible exception of Dfury). And as he's shown in past playoff performances, the best way to defeat Nowitzki is mentally - hopefully the Lakers can find a way into his head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : If you think the Lakers were playing anything but their "C" game, you are deluding yourself. If you think the Mavs were playing anything but their "A" game, I don't know what to tell you. Now it is on the Lakers to get everyone's mind straight and on the same page. The Lakers' biggest enemy is themselves right now IMO.

Glad your around Flo.  Guess your not the troll I mistaked you for.  I apologize for past accusations. 

Now for what you said above can be said about any team in the playoffs.  One thing looks clear to me, your not giving the credit to the Mavs.  I said early in the year they were probably as good if not better than the Spurs. With their size they are better.   Dirk is the only unstoppable player on the floor.  I knew when Kobe  got off to the hot start he couldn't sustain it.  Didn't what the second half but looking at the boxscore he obviously missed a lot after his I think 6-8 start.  Always a good thing when he starts hot because he keeps shooting and usually not good shots.   Sorry but I think your team is toast losing two straight at home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Glad your around Flo.  Guess your not the troll I mistaked you for.  I apologize for past accusations.  Now for what you said above can be said about any team in the playoffs.  One thing looks clear to me, your not giving the credit to the Mavs.  I said early in the year they were probably as good if not better than the Spurs. With their size they are better.   Dirk is the only unstoppable player on the floor.  I knew when Kobe  got off to the hot start he couldn't sustain it.  Didn't what the second half but looking at the boxscore he obviously missed a lot after his I think 6-8 start.  Always a good thing when he starts hot because he keeps shooting and usually not good shots.   Sorry but I think your team is toast losing two straight at home.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    No worries. Yeah, I guess I just look at the Mavs the same way I looked at the Suns a few years ago - always a good regular season record, but whenever the playoffs rolled around they'd fold every time. 

I guess if they finish off the Lakers I may have to reconsider that view. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yankees fans felt the same way until 2004!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]And as he's shown in past playoff performances, the best way to defeat Nowitzki is mentally - hopefully the Lakers can find a way into his head.

Well, we had that discussion before...it is simply wrong. All statistics tell that Dirk is a great PO performer and clutch like hell. Unlike Kobe who is a great player but one of the worst (and selfish) clutch performers in the league for years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

[QUOTE]Yankees fans felt the same way until 2004!!

And you're still a legend in your own mind!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : And you're still a legend in your own mind!
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

And you're still an angry stalker who is trying unsuccessfully to get under my skin...........how's Jeter doing this year??

koME is done, too bad he can't carry the team anymore.  Looks to me like Gasol and Bynum don't like playing with him anymore- facial expressions say a lot.

Glad Phony Phil is still confident, though:
    http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/05/lakers-jackson-not-exactly-lacking-in-confidence.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Well, we had that discussion before...it is simply wrong. All statistics tell that Dirk is a great PO performer and clutch like hell. Unlike Kobe who is a great player but one of the worst (and selfish) clutch performers in the league for years.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]
    Have we? Don't remember that. I am talking playoffs, not regular season stats. How many NBA titles has Nowitzki led his team to? How many Western Conference titles has Nowitzki led his team to? There simply is no comparison.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In all fairness to Dirk, he has had to carry the Mavs with out much help. Unless there's someone i'm forgetting!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE] In all fairness to Dirk, he has had to carry the Mavs with out much help. Unless there's someone i'm forgetting!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    Don't get me wrong - the guy's a beast and when he's on, unstoppable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Glad your around Flo.  Guess your not the troll I mistaked you for.  I apologize for past accusations.  Now for what you said above can be said about any team in the playoffs.  One thing looks clear to me, your not giving the credit to the Mavs.  I said early in the year they were probably as good if not better than the Spurs. With their size they are better.   Dirk is the only unstoppable player on the floor.  I knew when Kobe  got off to the hot start he couldn't sustain it.  Didn't what the second half but looking at the boxscore he obviously missed a lot after his I think 6-8 start.  Always a good thing when he starts hot because he keeps shooting and usually not good shots.   Sorry but I think your team is toast losing two straight at home.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, Flobus was a good guy..whatever happened to that "martini" character?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Boo-Hoo-Hoo GREENKILLER, have a second good cry!  Nice to see Kome Cryant lose.