Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Have we? Don't remember that. I am talking playoffs, not regular season stats. How many NBA titles has Nowitzki led his team to? How many Western Conference titles has Nowitzki led his team to? There simply is no comparison.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

He needs a championship for his resume that's no doubt. Even if they do beat us, I don't see Dallas winning the title this season.

They could be famous last words but I doubt it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Have we? Don't remember that. I am talking playoffs, not regular season stats. How many NBA titles has Nowitzki led his team to? How many Western Conference titles has Nowitzki led his team to? There simply is no comparison.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Me, too.  In several threads Dirks RS and PO stats were shown, as well as his clutch shooting. According to the stats Dirk is much better in clutch situations than Kobe (who is acutally pretty bad).  A player can not be judged by titles because you need more than a good player to win a title (Ask a guy called Jordan).
    With a Shaq in his prime on his side, Dirk would have easily won some titles.
    Actually, without some dominant big men around either of them, Dirk had much more success than Kobe!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : Without Shaq and Gasol, Kobe didn't get past the 1st round of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007. No Phil, Shaq, and Gasol, Kobe didn't even make the playoffs in 2005.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Who exactly has led a team to title simply by himself? Nowitzki was not playing by himself in 2006 either.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : 6 best players of the 2006 Mavs: Dirk Josh Howard Jason Terry Stackhouse Marquis Daniels Devin Harris Tell me if that supporting cast is better than the Shaq, Kobe, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Ron Harper, AC Green, Glen Rice of the Shaq era. Or the Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Ariza, Artest, Fisher of the Kobe era.  
    Remember you are talking about 2006 Howard, 2006 Stackhouse, 2006 Terry, 2006 Daniels and 2006 Harris. Not 2011. You could make an argument that most of them were playing the best ball of their individual careers at that time.

But no, their team was not better. That is why they were brushed aside by the Heat.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mavs PUNCH Lakers Left & Right in the Grill!!! : The point is Dirk made it to the Finals when he was the only All-Star player the Mavs had in 2006.  When Kobe was the only All-Star on the Lakers he didn't make the playoffs, in 2005, and twice got eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs, 2006 and 2007. 
    I'm not sure what your point is. Are you are trying to suggest that Nowitzki is a better all around player than Kobe? I think that is a bit ridiculous. He is a great offensive player. Period. How many defensive teams has Dirk been named to?

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts