Mavs Vs. Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Mavs Vs. Celtics

Cleveland Won!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

We're back at #5.

I think it's 6th Fiercy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

yep.  6.

By the end of the year they could be anywhere from 2 to 10.

A lot of bad teams this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

#1 Bucks

#2 Sixers

#3 Magic

#4 Kings

#5 Celtics

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

You forgot Utah dude. .340 PCT to our .346 PCT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

....it may take 3 years to get the stars to align just right to pull it off....

pull what off, melly? mere relevance? when might we you realistically pull for Ws again? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

yep.  6.

By the end of the year they could be anywhere from 2 to 10.

A lot of bad teams this year.

True that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

You forgot Utah dude. .340 PCT to our .346 PCT

I based it on number of losses.

ahhh.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

So Danny should be a looking for a quick reload.  Right?  He has some good players signed up at bargain prices and has talented players on rookie contracts.  Dump Green, get into lottery and play in free agency?

Free-agency in 2015, not 2014.

Celts should still be in the lottery next season.

So at the end of the season,  Bayless leaves, Humpy isnt traded or resigned because he wants too much, and the Green to Atlanta deal goes through and Brand leaves. We should be set for Tank Part 2 and financially ready for 2015. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

So at the end of the season,  Bayless leaves, Humpy isnt traded or resigned because he wants too much, and the Green to Atlanta deal goes through and Brand leaves. We should be set for Tank Part 2 and financially ready for 2015. 

Agree.

But I also think we can get a late 1st rounder for Hump.

If not then a 2015 1st rounder for Hump.

Agree on getting a first for Hump if we can get an expiring for him too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

I kind of enjoy this stuff actually, I have been a fan since 75 or so and as much as I love the good times, the bad times are fun too.  One can watch a game just for the enjoyment of it, and not freak out every second about whether they win or they don't, and I love watching the young guys develop.

No arguments with that.  The biggest shortcoming in the Big-3 era was the inability to put up a supporting cast around the stars.  Looks like Danny is loading up enough shots to not run into that again.  I don't see a 3-year rebuild though.  Either he reloads next year or we have to play the draft dice and hope that he makes great picks.

Look, I'd love for us to be relevant fast, but you need chance, circumstance and mistakes being made by other GM's to make that happen...that's alot to hope for and you can't plan for it....it may take 3 years to get the stars to align just right to pull it off....

Looks like we are both saying that there is no definite path to guaranteed success and much chance is in play.  And I am not engaging in wishful thinking.

I think that there is legitimate opportunity for Danny to look to reload next year and he should position himself to take advantage if an opportunity presents itself.  Where will he be able to get to?  Probably a top echelon team.  Perhaps not a sure shot.  But then it takes a lot of luck to get to the sure shot stage.

Otherwise, my crystal ball gets very murky.  If that does not happen, the rebuild will last longer than 3 years.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts