Max - Rondo wants 100 million extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Re: Max - Rondo wants 100 million extension

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, how's the new laker legend Jacoby Parker doing?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you ask you buddy Rame....LMAO!!

Lakers trade for Gasol whether Bynum get's injured or not.  Got that son?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, how's the new laker legend Jacoby Parker doing?

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you ask you buddy Rame....LMAO!!

Lakers trade for Gasol whether Bynum get's injured or not.  Got that son?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rame knows his name is Jabari - you don't.

You know nothing about the lakers and less about basketball.

Jacoby Parker.............what an idiot you are, boy!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So a Laker troll is still alive?

It's like that story of a Japanese soldier found somewhere in Asia, many years after World War 2 ended, and he didn't know the war was over.

HAHAHA

The war is over.

Lakers are as dead as Jerry Buss.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Oh boy, I'm going to bookmark this post! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Someone thinks he still has a chance at Lebron and Melo?  Hopefully you know how to export the bookmark to several subsequent machines and OSes before you can point to the link again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pay no attention to him - he still thinks the kid from Duke's name is Jacoby Parker - son of Sonny.

He also bOlieves that the Bynum injury didn't cause the lakers to go after Gasol.....he thinks they would have him anyway!

Nocioni, Deng and Noah...........vs Brown, Crittendon and McKie................HA HA HA!~!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

idk if I believe this rumor..doesn't really make sense to be honest. Rondo isn't dumb. He knows if he gets the max, that leaves less money to signother big name guys to play with him to make the c's contenders. I think we all know Rondo values winning above all else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"that confirms what we have been saying, Rondo is out."

nothing is confirmed - this is just Max saying whatever it is that Max says. 

That said, it's pretty clear, while Rondo may not get a max contract, he will want more than the Celts are willing to pay. So, he'll be moving on. But - it may take a while, for example, a point guard injury on a prominent team. There aren't that many contenders in dire need of a point guard right now, but one more injury somewhere....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rondo isn't dumb. He knows if he gets the max, that leaves less money to signother big name guys to play with him to make the c's contenders. I think we all know Rondo values winning above all else."

Rondo has a ring. Right now he wants to get paid, that's what happens in the NBA when you get to his age, this is going to be his last big contract. He is not going to hang out and rebuild with the Cs. Only exception would be if the Cs sign a guy like Love, then maybe....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!"

If no Chris Paul to Lakers trade veto by David Stern, no Steve Nash - last word!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Who really knows what some dopey team will pay Rondo, lets just hope its not the Celtics. 

Rondo isnt the answer for any team but he does have some fan appeal to those that watch his espn highlights or some of his better playoff stat games but havent had to suffer watching him dog much of an nba season, refuse to play defense or fight through picks, disappear late in the 4th, miss almost 1/2 of his FT attempts that he willfully avoids and be a general downer on the disposition side of things...

Heck, maybe the owner of the Nets will throw his money away on Rondo cause his star PG has fallen way back in the pack.. one can only hope.

Regarding Rondo having a ring, thats a good laugh... many, many nba players have championship rings but that doesnt make them one of the main reasons they got the ring. Hank Finkle has a ring, so does David Thirkill... a lot to do about nothing.. ROndo was the starting PG on the Celtics title team but theres no argument he was the least important starter on that team. In fact, Rondo was benched for great portions of tight games in the finals.  Lets not start with pretending Rondos ring was a result of Rondo being a star player & leader on the team that won the title...thats the implication when you say Rondo has a ring... (see Finkle & Thirkill)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

With this offer to Isaiah Thomas, we can only assume its Rondo to Sacramento for Thomas and draft picks? Or McLemore?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who really knows what some dopey team will pay Rondo, lets just hope its not the Celtics. 

Rondo isnt the answer for any team but he does have some fan appeal to those that watch his espn highlights or some of his better playoff stat games but havent had to suffer watching him dog much of an nba season, refuse to play defense or fight through picks, disappear late in the 4th, miss almost 1/2 of his FT attempts that he willfully avoids and be a general downer on the disposition side of things...

Heck, maybe the owner of the Nets will throw his money away on Rondo cause his star PG has fallen way back in the pack.. one can only hope.

Regarding Rondo having a ring, thats a good laugh... many, many nba players have championship rings but that doesnt make them one of the main reasons they got the ring. Hank Finkle has a ring, so does David Thirkill... a lot to do about nothing.. ROndo was the starting PG on the Celtics title team but theres no argument he was the least important starter on that team. In fact, Rondo was benched for great portions of tight games in the finals.  Lets not start with pretending Rondos ring was a result of Rondo being a star player & leader on the team that won the title...thats the implication when you say Rondo has a ring... (see Finkle & Thirkill)

[/QUOTE]

Umm David Thirkill?  What?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats my point, many can say they won an NBA title like David Thirdkill, who won an NBA championship playing for the 86 Celtics team.. Rondo has a ring, Thirdkill has a ring.

... having a ring doesnt elevate you to some sort of elite player unless you were one of the few players on the team that were the driving force for the title, like Bird, McHale & Parrish can claim..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Ahh you said finkle and thirkill. You mean Finkel and Thirdkill. I could figure out the Finkel, not the Thirdkill, I totally forgot about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats my point, many can say they won an NBA title like David Thirdkill, who won an NBA championship playing for the 86 Celtics team.. Rondo has a ring, Thirdkill has a ring.

... having a ring doesnt elevate you to some sort of elite player unless you were one of the few players on the team that were the driving force for the title, like Bird, McHale & Parrish can claim..

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't forget Terry Duerod!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Rondo 100 million? Stupidest thing Ive ever heard. This guy was lucky to ride the coat tails of the big 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

With this offer to Isaiah Thomas, we can only assume its Rondo to Sacramento for Thomas and draft picks? Or McLemore?

[/QUOTE]

OR its just a strong signal from Danny to Rondo that his alleged $100M demand is a non-starter and not even in the ballpark.  Given Rondo's capabilities (and lack thereof) and stats, he needs to be negotiating at around 4 years and $69M IMO.  Personally I wouldn't pay him that much either. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!"

If no Chris Paul to Lakers trade veto by David Stern, no Steve Nash - last word!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Stern didn't veto the trade, the other owners did.  Stern just delivered the bad news.  Some teams lose money, and the lakers are their cash cow.  When they discovered the lakers would be saving 40 mill in lux tax, that would go to them, they revolted.  It really, IMO, had nothing to do with Paul, Gasol or Odom.  It had to do with money, and the team was owned by the league, not Stern.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo and his agent should know, as all successful marketing resources do... always set your price ending in 9.

So $99 million would have taken one less HA off resulting in: BWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough HA. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, there are two objectives.  Odd pricing suggests discount.  Even pricing is called prestige pricing and gives the impression of an item that sells on quality.  I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about that stuff.

I'll be shocked if rondo gets more than 10mil unless he can prove he's better in some type of private workout or during the start of the season.  My guess is he'll "take a major pay cut to play with a better team and make the cap work."  That's how I'd try to spin it if I was his PR guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo is not out, nobody is going to pay him max, he will be ours or we will sell for 50 cents on the dollar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo and his agent should know, as all successful marketing resources do... always set your price ending in 9.

So $99 million would have taken one less HA off resulting in: BWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough HA. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, there are two objectives.  Odd pricing suggests discount.  Even pricing is called prestige pricing and gives the impression of an item that sells on quality.  I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about that stuff.

I'll be shocked if rondo gets more than 10mil unless he can prove he's better in some type of private workout or during the start of the season.  My guess is he'll "take a major pay cut to play with a better team and make the cap work."  That's how I'd try to spin it if I was his PR guy.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt seriously that Rondo is excited about the prospects of making a splash in Celtic green to show his current worthiness... with MSmart already there like a bull chomping at the bit to take over the team and lead by example at both ends of the court... making Rondo by comparison look like the odd man out, looking for a role to play... somewhere... somehow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo demand a trade and try to avoid going on the same court with Smart.

PUd 

Sections
Shortcuts