Max - Rondo wants 100 million extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Max - Rondo wants 100 million extension

that's BS, puddinpuddin. i suspect rondo's lining smart up as i type for an extended and fiesty round of H.O.R.S.E.

bp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

pUD IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ON TARGET......RONDO IN THE ODD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Danny will wait........teams will call about Rondo,and if we have to keep him until the deadline, so be it.  Injuries happen all the time..........

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

that's BS, puddinpuddin. i suspect rondo's lining smart up as i type for and extended and fiesty round of H.O.R.S.E.

bp

That could be a long game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

that's BS, puddinpuddin. i suspect rondo's lining smart up as i type for and extended and fiesty round of H.O.R.S.E.

bp

I hope you don't mean neither would make a basket. Obviously you don't remember seeing rondo in the horse finals vs kevin durant, if so

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pistol Pete was the King of Horse......

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Worst case scenario is Rondo can't be traded and ends up becoming an UFA.

Celts get 12.9m in cap once Rondo signs with another team.

Clearing 12.9m in cap space is better than absorbing another bad contract for Rondo.

True

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

With this offer to Isaiah Thomas, we can only assume its Rondo to Sacramento for Thomas and draft picks? Or McLemore?

OR its just a strong signal from Danny to Rondo that his alleged $100M demand is a non-starter and not even in the ballpark.  Given Rondo's capabilities (and lack thereof) and stats, he needs to be negotiating at around 4 years and $69M IMO.  Personally I wouldn't pay him that much either. 

This man speaks TRUTH!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Rondo and his agent should know, as all successful marketing resources do... always set your price ending in 9.

So $99 million would have taken one less HA off resulting in: BWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough HA. 

Actually, there are two objectives.  Odd pricing suggests discount.  Even pricing is called prestige pricing and gives the impression of an item that sells on quality.  I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about that stuff.

I'll be shocked if rondo gets more than 10mil unless he can prove he's better in some type of private workout or during the start of the season.  My guess is he'll "take a major pay cut to play with a better team and make the cap work."  That's how I'd try to spin it if I was his PR guy.

I doubt seriously that Rondo is excited about the prospects of making a splash in Celtic green to show his current worthiness... with MSmart already there like a bull chomping at the bit to take over the team and lead by example at both ends of the court... making Rondo by comparison look like the odd man out, looking for a role to play... somewhere... somehow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo demand a trade and try to avoid going on the same court with Smart.

PUd 

Oh manomanomanomanomanoman, I'd LOVE to see this!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

bp

I hope you don't mean neither would make a basket. Obviously you don't remember seeing rondo in the horse finals vs kevin durant, if so

Durant must have had cramps that time!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Clearing 12.9m in cap space is better than absorbing another bad contract for Rondo.

True

Agreed....let the little malcontent walk....he's just not that good nor worth all the aggravation he causes...NOBODY IS CRAWLING OVER THEMSELVES TO RUN HERE TO PLAY WITH HIM! NOBODY! All I hear from Rondon't supporters are how so many NBA "stars" want to play with him.....why aren't they coming here to play? WHY? They don't want to play with a ball hogging head case, that's why!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

True

Agreed....let the little malcontent walk....he's just not that good nor worth all the aggravation he causes...NOBODY IS CRAWLING OVER THEMSELVES TO RUN HERE TO PLAY WITH HIM! NOBODY! All I hear from Rondon't supporters are how so many NBA "stars" want to play with him.....why aren't they coming here to play? WHY? They don't want to play with a ball hogging head case, that's why!

1. So the C's gave the Captain title to someone that's just "not that good." oh.

2.  What aggravation are you speaking of?

3. He is a ball hog yet is tops in the league in assists year after year. OH.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

bp

Durant must have had cramps that time!

absolutely not.  Rondo hit one from the locker room.  Durant wouldn't miss. 
    After a while they just shot threes from the top.  Rondo went like 8 of 10 and durant 9 of 10. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Don't even think about insinuating that Rondo can shoot anything but layups.

When shooting counts (during real games) Rondo's career 3 point % is a miserable .252 and his career free throw % is a laughable .621... collectively the worst stats, not just among PGs, but in the entire NBA. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Per Hoopshype, Cedric Maxwell has "heard" that Ronod has asked for a 100 million extension.  Hard to believe.  Max also hints that he would rather pay Smart and Young their rookie contracts than pay Rondo 100 mill............as they say in that great movie Blazing Saddles..."Now who could argue with that?"

If I were King , I would give Rondo a 2yr $35M extension and tell him to shut up , that would give Rondo 3 more years as a Celtic to rebuild and he'd still be young enough to leave if things don't get better.....the 2yrs @ $17.5M per is what it takes to keep or get a top free agent in Boston, like Seattle overpaying for that guy they got from the Yankees , but I think Rondo is delusional if he thinks someone is going to give him $20M per for 5 years !!! I'd offer him 2 with an option or 3 tops.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Rondo and his agent should know, as all successful marketing resources do... always set your price ending in 9.

So $99 million would have taken one less HA off resulting in: BWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough HA. 

Actually, there are two objectives.  Odd pricing suggests discount.  Even pricing is called prestige pricing and gives the impression of an item that sells on quality.  I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about that stuff.

I'll be shocked if rondo gets more than 10mil unless he can prove he's better in some type of private workout or during the start of the season.  My guess is he'll "take a major pay cut to play with a better team and make the cap work."  That's how I'd try to spin it if I was his PR guy.

I doubt seriously that Rondo is excited about the prospects of making a splash in Celtic green to show his current worthiness... with MSmart already there like a bull chomping at the bit to take over the team and lead by example at both ends of the court... making Rondo by comparison look like the odd man out, looking for a role to play... somewhere... somehow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo demand a trade and try to avoid going on the same court with Smart.

PUd 

I think the guard battles in training camp will be very interesting to keep an eye on this year.  Smart will eat AB for lunch on defense when AB has the ball in his hands.  All AB can do is cut really well, and shoot the corner threes, pretty well.  He's one of the easiest shots to block at the rim, and doesn't finish well at the rim in general.  He certainly can't go it into the lane, take the hit and finish.  It will be an asset of Smart's. On offense, Smarts dribble will definitely be challenged by AB, and his ability to handle the ball against AB's defensive pressure will tell a lot about what he can a can't do right now as a potential point guard.

The Rondo/Smart matchup might be fascinating.  Rondo will also challenge Smart's dribble, but he won't shuffle his feet to stay in front of him like AB will and I can see Smart getting physical with Rondo, taking it into traffic, getting to the line, and then knocking down the free throws.  This, in and of itself will be an "in your face" to Rondo.  on defense against Rondo, I don't know what to expect from Smart.  He's a young rookie and Rondo is a crafty vet, however, the reports from USA basketball camp this summer were very encouraging and it should give him confidence going into training camp, and then into the season.  Could be exciting.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm by no means saying he's going to shoot much better than he ever has.

If I was coaching rondo, I'd try to find a way to get shooters around him and try to clear out the middle and let him get down and post up.  He's incredible within 10 ft, almost no matter who's guarding him.  Seems like he can get a dipsy doo around anyone.  I do think he can shoot, but I'll be shocked if he gets over his mental block at this point. 

You'll see a lot of old-school low post from smart this year too, think...scoring around 10 to 15 ft.  I know, really out on a limb, huh?  Maybe not pass to him in the post, but maybe isolation and a spin move not designed to clear but just to get a little pushing angle. I'd rather see it from a young smart than rondo, at this point.

Don't even think about insinuating that Rondo can shoot anything but layups.

When shooting counts (during real games) Rondo's career 3 point % is a miserable .252 and his career free throw % is a laughable .621... collectively the worst stats, not just among PGs, but in the entire NBA. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud 

A month ago I predicted the above..... and I'm sticking to my story.

4 years ago, Rondo quit on FIBA rather than fight for the starting PG position that he believed he was entitled to.

Now he's quitting on the Celtics rather than fighting for his PG position... demanding to be traded.... lowering his trade value even further.

Once a quitter, always a quitter.

Danny... go public and challenge Rondo to show up at training camp prepared to fight for his job.

You've got absolutely nothing to lose... and self-respect to gain 

And let the other GMs watch how Rondo handles the pressure.

My guess is that he will either man up and compete... or more likely, he will self-destruct while the world watches.... and his career in flames.

And so be it.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's making 13 now - are you suggesting he'll agree to a pay cut?

[/QUOTE]

shoot us some comps on barely 40% FG shooting barely 60% FT shooting PG's who get paid big money.  (DER)ainge's last extension to rondo at 10M per was pretty darn charitable given rondo's continuing refusal / inability to master simple tasks of the PG position.

it's not lost upon the rest of the league that rondo hid behind pierce, garnett and allen.  allen left town over rondo's ball pounding / run-the-clock-down tendencies that made our team a living HELL to watch and i can't imagine being an aged star going through those motions all to get contested last second shots

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo shot well in that game of horse.. makes you wonder why he shoots so bad in games that matter. Oh right, in a real game there might be someone in the vicinity putting the slightest defensive pressure on him.. thats all it takes to move Rondo off his game.

Durrant isnt the brightest either, should of taken Rondo to the FT line where Rondo would be sweating bullets & having flashbacks of nba games

Sections
Shortcuts