Maxwell: Doc, Garnett, Pierce won't be back!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Maxwell: Doc, Garnett, Pierce won't be back!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Get ready for lottery ball.

Well fungus, ...

No, what you have been saying is lets get rid of Pierce, and KG and play lottery ball.

What I have been saying is that there will be lottery ball after they leave.

(Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha). I don't want them to leave

So now you're saying what I've been all along.

HAHAHA

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Look what Riley pulled off in Miami... Anything is possible.

First order of business is removing DOc

Yes.

You two should pro-create and birth THE ULTIMATE Doc-hater!

Its incomprehensible to me that people point to DOC as the one thing standing in the way of Banner18. Rediculous!!!!

Unbelievable...I hope we don't regret this...The good thing is we should get a good coach..either way...Doc has shown he can coach in any situation...He will be rewarded nicely..

That last comeback was a mastepiece...but of course, he had nothing to do with it..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If cornbread is right, we are looking at about 17 wins next year

17 - 65

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Lebron's not a free agent. And Doc is our best asset for recruting players. Players WANT to play for DOC Rivers. 

Perhaps.. look at all the stars that fought to come here the last 5 years (sarcasm).... or maybe they like playing for Doc cause they can do as they please, ala Rondo.  Seriously, Im open minded, what evidence is there to support your claim??

uhm, look at the stars that fought to come here before doc. Oh wait none did. Fact is Doc is respected around the league. SHAq said he and Phil were the two best in the game. Terry came and LEE came because of Doc (and don't say they didn't work out because that is irrelvent. they both had other options. Particularly Lee and they came here because of Doc) 

Lebron James personally went to tell Doc he thinks he is a great coach after game 7 last year. Early on in the Heat era there were rumours Lebron and Wade and Bosh tried to get him to come to Miami so they could get rid of Spoelstra. 

So you think if we bring Pitino back the free agents are gonna lineup? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Ainge should join them. Bird has been out of basketball for a year now. I would see if he is ready to come back and if so, offer him Danny's job. I think he did a great job of rebuilding the Pacers.

I would try to hire Brian Shaw as head coach, before someone else grabs him up. I would prefer to trade Rondo, but if not, he is at least a start. Green would stay, i think he will be even better next year. All the rest would be subject to be traded if the right deal came along.

I would not rule out trying to convince Andrew Bynum to join the Celtics. I know it's taking a big chance, but it could pay big rewards.

Talk about crippling us for years to come.  I wouldn't touch Bynum with anything but a mid level type deal.   Some here were saying we needed Amare.  I kept saying he is a injury waiting to happen but one poster kept on and on about it.  Here he is out of the playoffs still.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

You guys need to read this article.  There is too much worry on KG and Pauls salary.  They have what they have so why keep harping on it.  Just getting rid of them isn't the answer unlelss KG retires.  If he does then PP will go elsewhere.  Keep those guys,  add players that were injured, and possibly a couple new ones and see where we are mid point next year.  Then trade guys if things don't look so well. At least we might get 50 cents on the dollar.  Just getting rid of them just helps the pocketbook.

When these 2 guys are gone we will if Rondo is as good as a lot seem to think.  Same goes for Jeff when he is "the man".   I just have a feeling things aren't going to be a rosey as some think.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9241362/2013-nba-playoffs-boston-celtics-face-tough-offseason-roster-decisions

That's because you want the Celts to be competitive in an instant. There are no shortcuts. If the Celts are to become contenders again, they have to be bad for some time.

If the Celts didn't have the 2nd worst record in 2006-07, no KG and no Ray!

It was only when the Celts had the #5 pick of the 2007 Draft that Ainge was able to pull off a blockbuster deal. 

Again, holding on to Pierce and KG for one more year or getting stuck in the middle of the pack is a waste of time!

So you are the expert on rebuilding now?  There are no shortcuts?  Gee thanks.  Did you even read the article?  Please don't tell me Celtic history,  I probably know it better than you.  Again I said it was better to hold them, add pieces, see where we are,  trade and get something for them if needed at the break next year.  I know you didn't think it, but wouldn't it be better to get something for them than just dumping them?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I thought there wasn't any shortcuts?  Hmmm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ainge should join them. Bird has been out of basketball for a year now. I would see if he is ready to come back and if so, offer him Danny's job. I think he did a great job of rebuilding the Pacers.

I would try to hire Brian Shaw as head coach, before someone else grabs him up. I would prefer to trade Rondo, but if not, he is at least a start. Green would stay, i think he will be even better next year. All the rest would be subject to be traded if the right deal came along.

I would not rule out trying to convince Andrew Bynum to join the Celtics. I know it's taking a big chance, but it could pay big rewards.

Talk about crippling us for years to come.  I wouldn't touch Bynum with anything but a mid level type deal.   Some here were saying we needed Amare.  I kept saying he is a injury waiting to happen but one poster kept on and on about it.  Here he is out of the playoffs still.

Good points..

If we were the Oakland Raiders from the 1980s and Bynum could play football, Id take a shot with him. Otherwise, cant see putting this bum on the roster unless he played for peanuts.  We have had enough injury prone, aging and head case players the last several years. 

Speaking of which, why do the Celtics always seem to have the worse injury problems in the NBA the past 5-6 years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Lebron's not a free agent. And Doc is our best asset for recruting players. Players WANT to play for DOC Rivers. 

I keep hearing that but I haven't seen one big name sign with us.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Max is right.

With Green proving he is the C's future SF there's no market here for Pierce @ $15MM. With Pierce getting a buy-out, that will force KG's hand to either retire or demand a trade right away and that it turn gives Doc the opportunity to go back to TV for a year to unwind and pick his next coaching job.

Danny will try to get Doc's son to assure that Doc comes back for the 2014-15' season along with a true center. Danny has 14 months to accomplish his task ...

Pierce is one my favorite Celtics players but he isn't worth $15 million.  If he isn't playing for the Celtics KG won't stay either.  Not sure that Danny would trade for Doc's son but we definitely need another big man/center if KG decides to retire/leave. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I haven't seen too much to support that last statement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

A team has to have cap space, first, before they can attempt to recruit and sign All Star caliber players. The last time the C's had "serious" cap space they sucessfully recruited (traded for) KG and RA, two All Stars.

Another issue is available players. Some teams have cap space during a period when no max-deal players are available. What should a team do then?

Interesting discussion - complex issue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I would like to see Doc take a break.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The team in Miami happened because these 3 players colluded to make it happen.  They planned and discussed it several years earlier.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

The team in Miami happened because these 3 players colluded to make it happen.  They planned and discussed it several years earlier.   

I agree, and I don't think it will ever happen again.  The new CBA, hopefully, will have ended this nonsense

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:get that coach out of here, and the gm and we will be all set.

Maxwell: Doc, Garnett, Pierce won't be back   May 5, 2013, 11:00 pm   SHARE THIS POST   Cheer   0   Boo   2     Email            

The futures of Doc RiversKevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce are uncertain right now, but former Celtics great Cedric Maxwell thinks they aren't coming back.

Maxwell sat down with CSNNE's Mike Felger on Sports Sunday to discuss the future of the Celtics.

"My hope is that all three of these guys are coming back but my true belief and my knowledge I think that they won't be back," Maxwell said. "I think Doc will take a leave of absence, he will go on. I think Paul Pierce, the team has an option right now on his contract at $16 million they can pay him $5 [million]. I think the financial part is going to [come] in. And as Kevin Garnett said, if Paul doesn't come back, I think Kevin weighs his options and says he wants to go someplace else."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Good points..

If we were the Oakland Raiders from the 1980s and Bynum could play football, Id take a shot with him. Otherwise, cant see putting this bum on the roster unless he played for peanuts.  We have had enough injury prone, aging and head case players the last several years. 

Speaking of which, why do the Celtics always seem to have the worse injury problems in the NBA the past 5-6 years?

I think the Lakers may have topped us this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Max is right.

With Green proving he is the C's future SF there's no market here for Pierce @ $15MM. With Pierce getting a buy-out, that will force KG's hand to either retire or demand a trade right away and that it turn gives Doc the opportunity to go back to TV for a year to unwind and pick his next coaching job.

Danny will try to get Doc's son to assure that Doc comes back for the 2014-15' season along with a true center. Danny has 14 months to accomplish his task ...

Pierce is one my favorite Celtics players but he isn't worth $15 million.  If he isn't playing for the Celtics KG won't stay either.  Not sure that Danny would trade for Doc's son but we definitely need another big man/center if KG decides to retire/leave. 

No he isn't worth that amount of cash.  Only problem is amnestying him or the buyout doesn't really do our roster any good.  Saves the owners money though.  I could care less how much money they save.  Its better to keep both KG and PP  and add to them.  Trade them if things aren't working out during the season and then we at least get something for them.  Package deal and KG would probably sign off on it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Maxwell: Doc, Garnett, Pierce won't be back   May 5, 2013, 11:00 pm   SHARE THIS POST   Cheer   0   Boo   2     Email            

The futures of Doc RiversKevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce are uncertain right now, but former Celtics great Cedric Maxwell thinks they aren't coming back.

Maxwell sat down with CSNNE's Mike Felger on Sports Sunday to discuss the future of the Celtics.

"My hope is that all three of these guys are coming back but my true belief and my knowledge I think that they won't be back," Maxwell said. "I think Doc will take a leave of absence, he will go on. I think Paul Pierce, the team has an option right now on his contract at $16 million they can pay him $5 [million]. I think the financial part is going to [come] in. And as Kevin Garnett said, if Paul doesn't come back, I think Kevin weighs his options and says he wants to go someplace else."

Definitely could see KG leave if Pierce doesn't return.  Not sure where KG would end up but I wouldn't want to see him playing for another team.   I could see Doc leave if Paul and KG are no longer with the Celtics.  Although, I have no idea who would be a good replacement for him. 

Though I love the way KG and PP have represented the City of Boston and the Boston Celtics age will only let you play for so long. Doc isn't going anywheres,he's under contract for the next three years. If he does leave then bring back Lawrence Franks.