May the best team win...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

May the best team win...

I have been a Lakers fan for over 20 years. When I first became a fan, I learned all about our history which includes our battles and losses against the hated Celtics. 2008 was a dream matchup come true with an overwhelming disappointment which is no doubt what you guys felt in 2010. As you know, our history is so intertwined that no other rivalry in all of sport even comes close except maybe Red Sox/Yankees. So with that said, I am going to pause with the Lakers/Celtics rivalry and hatred and pause for a moment of civility, which you guys know nothing about (sorry but I had to let a jab in somewhere!) and that as a Lakers fan, may the best team win! Good luck to Boston - I hope you guys take over the East one last time.

:)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: May the best team win...

Elias, nice post, but apparently you were not on here the day after the lakers won in 2010.  There were many, many posts and threads, one started by me, that congratulated the lakers on a great win.  In my opinion, the better team always wins, so I had no problem saying the lakers were better in 2010.  It's supposed to all be in fun.  I have nothing but respect for the lakers organization.  It's the FANS I don't care for.

Hope that clears some things up for you.  And may the better team win - because the better team always does!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:

I have been a Lakers fan for over 20 years. When I first became a fan, I learned all about our history which includes our battles and losses against the hated Celtics. 2008 was a dream matchup come true with an overwhelming disappointment which is no doubt what you guys felt in 2010. As you know, our history is so intertwined that no other rivalry in all of sport even comes close except maybe Red Sox/Yankees. So with that said, I am going to pause with the Lakers/Celtics rivalry and hatred and pause for a moment of civility, which you guys know nothing about (sorry but I had to let a jab in somewhere!) and that as a Lakers fan, may the best team win! Good luck to Boston - I hope you guys take over the East one last time.

To the victor go the spoils.  Yes, let the better team win and let the winner get in the last word.  Until the following season.  And let the Celtics fans on this forum enjoy every Lakers misfortune, mis-step and failure.  After all, what is a rivalry without hate, heartbreak and heartache.  Without the name calling, personalities and circus this forum will be a very insipid place.

I think that the Celtics will be special this year.  This will be a fun season.  There will be a lot of fun in my household too.  My son is a Lakers fan.  But he is more mature than the juvenile Lakers fans on this forum.  Makes me feel good as a parent.

I wish you luck too but more than that I wish that Rico will do something about the Lakers home yellow.  It is important you know.  That and the heart issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:

Really? I didn't know that being condescending is part of civility. You should read my post about how THIS team, as constructed, has at least a two year window. Beyond that? We've been to the ECF 3 of the last 5 years and won twice... we will be in many more to come. Just like the Lakers.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to RicoCeltic's comment:

I saw what you did there Elias. "May the best team win" of course you know it's your Lakers who are the best team. Stop rubbing it in to us Celtics fans and go crawl back under the rock you came from. I hate the Fakers. Just when we thought we were having a great off season BOOOOOM!!!! There comes Jim Buss to spoil it for us. UGH!

Go C's!

Aren't you tired of this yet?  TOMMY!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Lakers are paper champs, hopefully they buy into all the hype and underachieve, as they have been prone to do.  Last time kobe wasnt the best player on his team, he ran shaq out of town. Lets see if hes able to pass the torch to dhoward and the ball to nash. Not gonna be ez to do for the biggest ball hog in the nba.   With that said I still expect the lakers to be there in the end and lose to okc, I also predict a cs and heat rematch as well. I still think the heat are favorite, cuz they are defending champs and also improved with the additions of ray and rashard lewis.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I wish I was Tommy... Heinshon. My favorite Celtic of all time. Love his objectivity. 

Wow, something you have in common.....what a coincidence......do I believe it?  NOPE, not for a minute!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I wish I was Tommy... Heinshon. My favorite Celtic of all time. Love his objectivity. 

Wow, something you have in common.....what a coincidence......do I believe it?  NOPE, not for a minute!!

That's it I'm going to Dottie to cry. I had enough... Lmao!!!!

It's really like two totally different personalities.........Rico likes to LHAO, while Tommy is more to the point................I think I shall just call this bi-polar person ToRico!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

There is no shortage of news leading up to Lakers training camp! Here is an article hot off the presses:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-jordan-hill-20120928,0,7535449.story

Lakers' Jordan Hill pleads no contest to assault, gets probation!

Another shining example of Laker excellence! Artest turned out to be a great mentor after all!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Forgot the mugshot:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Elias, great post....I knew you had it in you...in fact, I've known it for some time....good luck this year...it's going to be fun....this is the sort of thread that makes the board better....and it lasted for about one half page....then the trolling started again...oh well, I guess some things aren't going to change....anyway, nice post my friend...!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Laker news keeps flowing in:

Los Angeles Lakers News: Dwight Howard's Back a Concern for L.A.? When Will D12 Return?

Dwight Howard underwent back surgery on his lower disc in April and is still recovering from the injury. Los Angeles traded for Howard, knowing that he wasn't ready to play. Now, it appears nobody knows when he will be good to go.

According to Howard, there is no timetable for his return. He wants to make sure that he is completely healthy before coming back.

When I'm 100 percent, I will step on the floor and play, Howard told ESPN. I don't want to play at 85 percent or 80 percent. I want to be at 100 percent. I want to give all that to this city, to this team, to myself, to basketball and to all of the fans. I want to give them 100 percent every single night. I don't want to have any relapses. When I'm 100 percent, you will see me giving 100 percent on the court.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I saw what you did there Elias. "May the best team win" of course you know it's your Lakers who are the best team. Stop rubbing it in to us Celtics fans and go crawl back under the rock you came from. I hate the Fakers. Just when we thought we were having a great off season BOOOOOM!!!! There comes Jim Buss to spoil it for us. UGH!

Go C's!

Poor Red.............:icon_conf

Aren't you tired of this yet?  TOMMY!!!

Poor Red, what??   I wish you could learn how to speak properly.....it would help us all understand what you are trying to say................perhaps trying complete sentences first would be the trick...

Sections
Shortcuts