Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?

And if Rondo doesnt rebound from latest performance,
    Arroyo will be up to speed, Doc could
    consider starting Arroyo in playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?

Not a chance. Forget it. Doc sticks to his rotations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I think if he did it would only be for a scheduled game off - and in a perfect world each of the Big 4 would get at least one of those before the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

see i was with you up untill you said start Arroyo in the playoffs..ur kidding right. and idk if you start arroyo to MOTIVATE rondo, id do it more just to give him max rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?:
    see i was with you up untill you said start Arroyo in the playoffs..ur kidding right. and idk if you start arroyo to MOTIVATE rondo, id do it more just to give him max rest.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I agree, Jamez.  I'm amazed at how much heat Rondo takes on this board.  I think he's in a slump mainly because he's tired, and probably playing hurt.  (Yes, I know there are those who'd vehemently disagree, but right now he's our man!)  Give him some rest.  And give the Big 3 some rest too.  Starting Arroyo once or twice this season would help him get even more acclimated to the system, which is good for the team.  Every starter needs a viable back-up in order to be at his best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yeah, and maybe he should start jeff green to motivate pierce and his 2-10 performence. Or maybe not. Bad streaks happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3+pointer. Show 3+pointer's posts

He needs to forget perk cause he aint coming back,he went to fight for the thunders down under.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?:
    In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : I agree, Jamez.  I'm amazed at how much heat Rondo takes on this board.  I think he's in a slump mainly because he's tired, and probably playing hurt.  (Yes, I know there are those who'd vehemently disagree, but right now he's our man!)  Give him some rest.  And give the Big 3 some rest too.  Starting Arroyo once or twice this season would help him get even more acclimated to the system, which is good for the team.  Every starter needs a viable back-up in order to be at his best.
    Posted by MsLithium21

Yeah Ms Lithium, lets give him some rest why don't we, $11 mill this kid is getting to play, not even a full 48 min of basketball that runs about 2 1/2 hours and he's only 23-25. Let's give the little millionaire some more rest eh, please, im sick of these Prima Donna athletes. I say treat em like sht if they are pounting about nothing. We can't say the little Fraud is hurt because he went to the locker room with Ed Lacert to get checked and came back and rushed his azz up the front to go back in. What does he do when he replaces a productive Aroyo, NOTHING but lose the lead that was built before.

I am not all for benching Rondo but for Christ sakes, take the little pfhucker in a corner and light him up and have stop playing like a little btch and earn that fat paycheck that they are paying him. He continues to play unproductive, i say Ainge take notice and put in serious consideration about shopping his azz away, id be all for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Yeah, and maybe he should start jeff green to motivate pierce and his 2-10 performence. Or maybe not. Bad streaks happen.
    Posted by jtkl

are you really comparing 1 bad evening for pierce (no big deal) to the season long shooting slump by rondo? Im just sayin, if the lakers are confident rondo will hit only 35% from field and 50% from the line, his offensive effectiveness is drastically lessened. Thats a fact.  FYI, Rajon has scored only 2 points in his last two games, albeit w/ limited minutes. I am a huge rondo fan, but he is not playing up to his potential, I pray he gets healthy and focused before the first round!
    GO CELTICS! HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY BOSTON ; )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

None of us knows that he's a fraud or that he's pouting.  Maybe he is or maybe he isn't.  That is all speculation... and speculating is something we Boston fans LOVE to do.... Thankfully the Celtics are run by competent people who are already dealing with that aspect if it's even the case.  Not knowing for sure what's REALLY going on behind the scenes, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Certainly not about to call him a fraud when I don't have all the information...

What we do know for sure is that he's gone most of the season without a reliable, capable back-up.  West has been injured all year, Nate is really a shooting guard and Bradley is simply not ready.  That means lots of minutes and lots of pressure to keep going when it would be ideal for him to sit.  By the time we got Arroyo, it may have already caught up with him.

Whatever it is, I'm trusting Danny and Doc to deal with it.  I think they know what they're doing.  But it just makes sense to give Rondo a break and get Arroyo - along with West - some meaningful experience with the rest of the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

celts had no reason to claim fatigue against the nets. the starters rested for the whole 4th quarter and jersey is like a 3.5-4 hour drive.. even shorter flight. rondo is still bumbed i bet since perk left. might take him some time to get over it. its different for everyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It was less of an issue with the Nets.  Much less.  But we are talking about a grueling cumulative season.  I remember how that was from my own playing days.  That said, I do think they need to get some focus back as well.  And I'm sure the Perk trade is deeply affecting Rondo.  Hope he gets some perspective soon.  It's all about accepting the things we cannot change, changing the things we can and knowing the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im glad yall talk to rondo personally and he told you that he still cries everyday from the perk trade.

this is similar to the brady playoff game vs ravens when everyone said "all he cares about is his gf, hes not a football player anymore, he will never be the same, time to get another qb" blah blah fric kin blah.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tired physically, not sure. But I'm sure after playing for 65 games mental fatigue is starting to set in. 

How about this, why don't guys try eating hamburgers everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 65 days and tell me if you will still want to eat a hamburger on the 66th day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It was effort, we could take the loss but Celtic fans can not take the lack of effort.  If Rondo is hurt then bench him like the Celts have benched all the rest this year.  Carlos is not Rondo, but we can win with him especially after a few games.  West is our best guard but does not appear to be lucky this year and may or may not be there.  When Doc played Rondo at the 2 late in the game , it appeared he was trying to throw the game, I know that sounds crazy but why else would he do that at such a important time in the game?    It is partly a Doc problem, it is sad that we lost against the nets who shot poorly early in the game , it is just a question that will never be answered.  Last year was bad at this time but we did great, this year is different we had the #1 seed handed to us on a platter and we made a conscious decision to say no.  Really a Puzzel??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It was effort, we could take the loss but Celtic fans can not take the lack of effort.  If Rondo is hurt then bench him like the Celts have benched all the rest this year.  Carlos is not Rondo, but we can win with him especially after a few games.  West is our best guard but does not appear to be lucky this year and may or may not be there.  When Doc played Rondo at the 2 late in the game , it appeared he was trying to throw the game, I know that sounds crazy but why else would he do that at such a important time in the game?    It is partly a Doc problem, it is sad that we lost against the nets who shot poorly early in the game , it is just a question that will never be answered.  Last year was bad at this time but we did great, this year is different we had the #1 seed handed to us on a platter and we made a conscious decision to say no.  Really a Puzzel??
    Posted by maryngary

Maybe Rondo is tired of eating hamburgers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Jamez, I'm not saying I think he's "crying" about the Perk trade, just acknowledging it would be reasonable if he's a little "off" because of it.  Peace, man!

Like I said in my previous post.  NO ONE KNOWS what's really going on, and thank God, because we Boston fans get a little too "ON" our teams and players for everyone's good. 

Anyone who has played basketball understands that after 65 or so games at 35-45 minutes apiece, even a few days rest is a very small fix for that level of fatigue. 

Even the elite Celtics teams lost games to inferior opponents late in the season.  This one - in 1986 - was to Philadelphia who finished 13 games behind the Cs but broke their 14 game win streak here, thanks to Larry Bird of all people missing two crunch free throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGIBqZkg0GY

I'm not putting anyone in Bird's league here, just showing that fatigue and mistakes are a reality for even the best players and maybe we should support all our players - particularly core players like Rondo - unless we have definitive reason not to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Now I never thought of that, he may just need some MUSTARD.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by maryngary

he did it to keep rondo in the game without having the daunting role of primary ballhandler for awhile. keep in mind that rondo is the qb of this team. he calls every set, every play. if u watch him wen hes on the sideline hes STILL yelling out sets and plays to run. and wen he doesnt have the ball on the court hes calling plays. 

i agree with pierce, say someone pays u a million dollars to eat your favorite meal 65 days in a row. just bc ur getting paid a million dollars, does that mean your gunna eat that meal with as much energy and determination every day? didnt think so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and i wasnt talking about you ms. lithium lol..i was referring to the millions of posts this week explaining what Rondo has been thinking and feeling these past few months. they are all his closest friends so they know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

"If you dont know me, don't judge me." Tupac Shakur.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

and i wasnt talking about you ms. lithium lol..i was referring to the millions of posts this week explaining what Rondo has been thinking and feeling these past few months. they are all his closest friends so they know.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Oh exactly...they know better than anyone else, lol!  With friends like that, Rondo doesn't need enemies...  ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

Tired physically, not sure. But I'm sure after playing for 65 games mental fatigue is starting to set in.  How about this, why don't guys try eating hamburgers everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 65 days and tell me if you will still want to eat a hamburger on the 66th day.
    Posted by P34

Complete utter bullsht you're spitting here. We are eating Spam sandwiches compared to Rajon Rondo. We're eating Spam Sandwiches everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 365 days and tell me if you will still want to eat a Spam sandwich on the following day. Think we'd like to eat a Burger or two once in a while like Rondo. Catch my drift ?????????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : Complete utter bullsht you're spitting here. We are eating Spam sandwiches compared to Rajon Rondo. We're eating Spam Sandwiches everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 365 days and tell me if you will still want to eat a Spam sandwich on the following day. Think we'd like to eat a Burger or two once in a while like Rondo. Catch my drift ?????????
    Posted by Patsboy3

How many times have you been banned? Looks like nothing has changed, your mouth is still full of garbage. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : he did it to keep rondo in the game without having the daunting role of primary ballhandler for awhile. keep in mind that rondo is the qb of this team. he calls every set, every play. if u watch him wen hes on the sideline hes STILL yelling out sets and plays to run. and wen he doesnt have the ball on the court hes calling plays.  i agree with pierce, say someone pays u a million dollars to eat your favorite meal 65 days in a row. just bc ur getting paid a million dollars, does that mean your gunna eat that meal with as much energy and determination every day? didnt think so.
    Posted by JamezHill24

If Rondo is not the primary ball handler there isn't much need for him. The other team is not going to guard him on the perimeter.  He still can't shoot.

Sections
Shortcuts