Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk?

Would you be surprised?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk?

In Response to Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk?:
    [QUOTE]Would you be surprised?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Simple math...... 30 teams multiplied by 15 salary slots = 450 players, subtract 15 Celtics and you have 435..... then add back approximately (pure wag - wild a ss guess for those of you that don't know) 500 retired players and you have 935 players that think KG is a punk.... as was written earlier this year and not by an anonymous player "KG is a bully and especially likes to pick on players smaller than him and especially the Europeans".... so KG is not only a punk he is a racist.... but as long as he wears green who cares?  right?  that is what we need in society.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : Simple math...... 30 teams multiplied by 15 salary slots = 450 players, subtract 15 Celtics and you have 435..... then add back approximately (pure wag - wild a ss guess for those of you that don't know) 500 retired players and you have 935 players that think KG is a punk.... as was written earlier this year and not by an anonymous player "KG is a bully and especially likes to pick on players smaller than him and especially the Europeans".... so KG is not only a punk he is a racist.... but as long as he wears green who cares?  right?  that is what we need in society.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Have you met Kevin Garnett? So two players criticize the guy and you take their word as though it were the word of god. Maybe he is an jerk maybe not. You certainly don't know. 

One thing I'm willing to bet though is that most professional athletes are not the nicest guys around. if you are looking for good people perhaps you shouldn't spend so much time following sports and should start spending your time at children's charities or something worthwhile. You'd probably be happier. it would certainly be better and less hypocritical if you did that instead of wasting time here, B*@tch moaning and complaining about the character of athletes you don't know. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : Have you met Kevin Garnett? So two players criticize the guy and you take their word as though it were the word of god. Maybe he is an jerk maybe not. You certainly don't know.  One thing I'm willing to bet though is that most professional athletes are not the nicest guys around. if you are looking for good people perhaps you shouldn't spend so much time following sports and should start spending your time at children's charities or something worthwhile. You'd probably be happier. it would certainly be better and less hypocritical if you did that instead of wasting time here, B*@tch moaning and complaining about the character of athletes you don't know. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Have not met him, don't need to.  The guys that work with him and think it is enough for me, when a professional writer writes, it is enough for me.

The word professional applies to athletes simply because they are no longer amateurs.  One of the thing that makes the English language kind of funny.  There is nobody that has ever been in an office where anything about any NBA player would be considered professional by almost any standard but somehow they are considered professional.  Professional - two meanings -1- non-amateur and -2-respectful, mature, adult, etc........

You have your opinion and as worthless as it is to me I respect it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : Have not met him, don't need to.  The guys that work with him and think it is enough for me, when a professional writer writes, it is enough for me. The word professional applies to athletes simply because they are no longer amateurs.  One of the thing that makes the English language kind of funny.  There is nobody that has ever been in an office where anything about any NBA player would be considered professional by almost any standard but somehow they are considered professional.  Professional - two meanings -1- non-amateur and -2-respectful, mature, adult, etc........ You have your opinion and as worthless as it is to me I respect it.

i dislike a guy named Tom I work with. He is a real slimeball. I assume you now also think this man is a slime ball based on my opinion. Because in the case of KG, that is the standard of proof you are using. You are taking the word of a player you don't know in regards to another player you don't know.  No different than taking my word ( a guy you don't know) regarding the character of Tom (another guy you don't know.)

That is frankly illogical. 

The fact is the guys that work with KG all like him. That's his teammates. KG doesn't work with Joakim Noah.  

Secondly you know nothing about Joakim Noah or Player X. maybe they beat their wives, maybe they are child molesters,  you know nothing about the character of any of the guys involved. Maybe they just hate KG because he has a habit of beating them,  All you know is a few guys don't like KG enough to have spoken out about it and from that you leap to the wild conclusion he is an awful person.  

That kind of thinking  is unsound. It is just a poorly reasoned way of coming to an opinion. If you want to do that though fine. It bothers me when people are irrationaly coming to conclusions, but you certainly have the right to do so. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : i dislike a guy named Tom I work with. He is a real slimeball. I assume you now also think this man is a slime ball based on my opinion. Because in the case of KG, that is the standard of proof you are using. You are taking the word of a player you don't know in regards to another player you don't know.  No different than taking my word ( a guy you don't know) regarding the character of Tom (another guy you don't know.) That is frankly illogical.  The fact is the guys that work with KG all like him. That's his teammates. KG doesn't work with Joakim Noah.   Secondly you know nothing about Joakim Noah or Player X. maybe they beat their wives, maybe they are child molesters,  you know nothing about the character of any of the guys involved. Maybe they just hate KG because he has a habit of beating them,  All you know is a few guys don't like KG enough to have spoken out about it and from that you leap to the wild conclusion he is an awful person.   That kind of thinking  is unsound. It is just a poorly reasoned way of coming to an opinion. If you want to do that though fine. It bothers me when people are irrationaly coming to conclusions, but you certainly have the right to do so. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

You assume theDudder has ANY interest in LOGIC!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : i dislike a guy named Tom I work with. He is a real slimeball. I assume you now also think this man is a slime ball based on my opinion. Because in the case of KG, that is the standard of proof you are using. You are taking the word of a player you don't know in regards to another player you don't know.  No different than taking my word ( a guy you don't know) regarding the character of Tom (another guy you don't know.) That is frankly illogical.  The fact is the guys that work with KG all like him. That's his teammates. KG doesn't work with Joakim Noah.   Secondly you know nothing about Joakim Noah or Player X. maybe they beat their wives, maybe they are child molesters,  you know nothing about the character of any of the guys involved. Maybe they just hate KG because he has a habit of beating them,  All you know is a few guys don't like KG enough to have spoken out about it and from that you leap to the wild conclusion he is an awful person.   That kind of thinking  is unsound. It is just a poorly reasoned way of coming to an opinion. If you want to do that though fine. It bothers me when people are irrationaly coming to conclusions, but you certainly have the right to do so. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

And contrary to the minority opinion OJ did not kill his exwife and innocent bystander.... all the evidence says he got away with about 14 years of freedom but should have the longest beard on the planet because every time he looks in the mirror to shave he should drop the razor and look the other way..........

I can only assume that if you do not have a written admission with handwritten checked by experts and DNA evidence that was collected by the defense and video tape that there is no chance that a criminal should be convicted.  As I said in the first post, if 250 names came out and anonymously said they were the author of the ESPN article I would not be the least bit surprised especially since it was written by an independent party that has nothing to gain by writing.

My guess is nobody should whack Shicklgruber without anymore evidence other than 6 million dead bodies.  Thus I think based on less evidence KG is a bit of a d bag.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Had to have been Noah...

1. The article called Player X a 'star' which you could argue is Noah's status because true superstars like Wade, Amare, Kobe, LBJ, etc would only care about their game and not about KG's antics.

2. Had to have been an Eastern Conf player because all the stars in the Western Conf know the true KG from all his years in Minnesota.

3. Said that Ray Allen became 'mean' after he came to Boston. What American adult athlete uses the term 'mean' to describe another professional athlete? It just sounds very juvenile and/or European and Noah used it already to describe KG earlier this year. 

4. Said that he would eventually tell KG to his face. Why not not now? Perhaps he doesn't want to fire-up KG prior to a play-off showdown? 

5. The writer would not have served up this line of questioning had there already been some history and opinion from Player X. See Noah's quotes from earlier in the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : You assume theDudder has ANY interest in LOGIC!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

You caught me in my own logical fallacy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Had to have been Noah... 1. The article called Player X a 'star' which you could argue is Noah's status because true superstars like Wade, Amare, Kobe, LBJ, etc would only care about their game and not about KG's antics. 2. Had to have been an Eastern Conf player because all the stars in the Western Conf know the true KG from all his years in Minnesota. 3. Said that Ray Allen became 'mean' after he came to Boston. What American adult athlete uses the term 'mean' to describe another professional athlete? It just sounds very juvenile and/or European and Noah used it already to describe KG earlier this year.  4. Said that he would eventually tell KG to his face. Why not not now? Perhaps he doesn't want to fire-up KG prior to a play-off showdown?  5. The writer would not have served up this line of questioning had there already been some history and opinion from Player X. See Noah's quotes from earlier in the year.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you noticed but every player in the NBA is by default a star.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : And contrary to the minority opinion OJ did not kill his exwife and innocent bystander.... all the evidence says he got away with about 14 years of freedom but should have the longest beard on the planet because every time he looks in the mirror to shave he should drop the razor and look the other way.......... I can only assume that if you do not have a written admission with handwritten checked by experts and DNA evidence that was collected by the defense and video tape that there is no chance that a criminal should be convicted.  As I said in the first post, if 250 names came out and anonymously said they were the author of the ESPN article I would not be the least bit surprised especially since it was written by an independent party that has nothing to gain by writing. My guess is nobody should whack Shicklgruber without anymore evidence other than 6 million dead bodies.  Thus I think based on less evidence KG is a bit of a d bag.

You committed another logical fallacy (not that you care.) 

Reporters in the case of OJ reported FACTS (DNA test of Of OJ's blood matches blood found at crime scene.)

In this case of KG reporters reported the OPINION of another Player (e.g Player X dislikes KG) 

Now if the reporter reported FACTS (like KG robs old ladies in his spare time) That would be an incriminating fact upon which one might draw a conclusion, however they didn't We only know Player X dislikes KG. 

Your way of drawing conclusion's (based on anothers opinion) is completely illogical and shows you have trouble thinking for yourself. In fairness, I also am illogical for trying to use use reason to persuade the unreasonable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : You caught me in my own logical fallacy. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Amazing how ANY logic can be misinterpreted for the only one with any logic or the most logical....... the blindness and complete lack of utter objectivity is not going to let any of you down as you attempt to deal with reality going forward............  several years ago someone dared me to name a point guard in the Cs division better than D West,  I named TJ Ford, Kidd, Marbury, and Allen Iverson... I threw in Gilbert Arenas who was not really in the division but in the east..........   my point.... lots of talk takes place in GREEN and in a vacuum...... every point guard in the division and perhaps the league was better than Delonte West at the time but through the GREEN glasses it was not possible to see for some posters / fans..........  welcome to Rondo-land.

Next year Rose, Williams, perhaps Paul assuming he comes east, Wall, and perhaps Jennings will be the fewest number of point guards better than Rondo.... and that is just the eastern conference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe it was Amare that called KG a punk? : Amazing how ANY logic can be misinterpreted for the only one with any logic or the most logical....... the blindness and complete lack of utter objectivity is not going to let any of you down as you attempt to deal with reality going forward............  several years ago someone dared me to name a point guard in the Cs division better than D West,  I named TJ Ford, Kidd, Marbury, and Allen Iverson... I threw in Gilbert Arenas who was not really in the division but in the east..........   my point.... lots of talk takes place in GREEN and in a vacuum...... every point guard in the division and perhaps the league was better than Delonte West at the time but through the GREEN glasses it was not possible to see for some posters / fans..........  welcome to Rondo-land. Next year Rose, Williams, perhaps Paul assuming he comes east, Wall, and perhaps Jennings will be the fewest number of point guards better than Rondo.... and that is just the eastern conference.

I don't think you understand logic. I would suggest you read this: http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html

The logical fallacy you are  currently guilty of is called a red herring. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Does this look like a guy that only picks on guys smaller than him?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/1/1968081/kevin-garnett-dwight-howard-bite-magic-celtics

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe it was you, DaCeltics. After all, lately your posts and threads look like they were written by someone who's a punk!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Oooh hooo Daaamnnnn! That's wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts