McDermott continues to impress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

McDermott continues to impress

He watches Larry Bird tapes before games to fire himself up! Everybody keeps saying he is not a top pick but we are now into the NCAA Tournament and he continues to show up bigtime. I am not so sure that he would be a bad pick if we end up at 5,6 or 7. He is also a guy that is NOT afraid of the big moment and is able and willing to take the big shot. Food for thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: McDermott continues to impress

I like him but where do we stick him? It's kind off pointless at PF unless KO bulks up and proves he can stick at C or if McDermott can play some SF as well. I would love to pick him up though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

I like him but where do we stick him? It's kind off pointless at PF unless KO bulks up and proves he can stick at C or if McDermott can play some SF as well. I would love to pick him up though.

I thnk he is a Small Forward. If Jeff Green is not in future plans, he would fit right in that slot. I am NOT saying he is the next Birdman but he deserves some consideration IMO. He seems to not shy away from the big shot and we do not have a guy like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He'll wind up being an NBA small forward. The only question is, will he be quick enough defensively to play in the NBA. That's something that also worries me about Parker after today. Is he going to be good enough on defense to make it? There's a lot of guys out there who can flat out score, but if you don't put the work in on D, you aren't going to be a star, because you won't be on the floor. I can see a lot of star potential in McBuckets, but I also can see a lot of Morrison in the skill department. He seems to be a much more mentally tough kid though, and his dad's a coach, which usually leads to a more studious and hard working player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

All that said, I didn't really answer the question. I think 5-7 would probably be a bit high for him, but he won't be around until the second pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

All that said, I didn't really answer the question. I think 5-7 would probably be a bit high for him, but he won't be around until the second pick.

Yeah, that is for sure. Now, if Parker, Embiid and Wiggins stay in school then maybe Danny trades back a bit (pick 7-12) and adds an unprotected pick for next years draft. Then he may fit in right around there with our first pick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

from what you guys say, McDermott is some sort of tweener. Lots of those in the NCAA that just wont cut it in the NBA. However, DA loves those.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't see how they are going to pick him at around 4-6th pick.  Way too many other better prospects before him at that point in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

McDermott is 15-25 range pick at best. A one way player in the NBA like Carmelo Anthony. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I seriously doubt he falls all the way to the 15-25 range, but if he does I take him with the second pick in a heartbeat! At that range he's an amazing value. Even if he doesn't become a complete player, he'll be a good scorer....and if you're saying I can get a Carmelo Anthony with a more productive attitude at 15-25 I'm jumping all over that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wow...I have mentioned in a couple of posts that I like McDermott and there were no comments pro or con.

I realize our biggest need is a Center and if Embiid not available, and we can't get Cousins, Marc Gasol etc. I'd try and get Omer Asik, not a prolific scorer but sort of a banger like Perkins was. And also with him hope Faverani is a good backup keeping in mind we can also play Sully and Oly at C when necessary.  

Then as has been mentioned in previous posts, in our  2nd 1st round pick I like the league's top scorer, Creighton's McDermott and I also like, not mentioend in posts, Syracuse's C.J.Fair. As opposed to some more desirable draft choices it seems who are freshmen, these 2 are seniors and do have 4 years of college experience so their stats and performances are more reliable to me, I think, and they could be undervalued sleepers in the draft.

I would start McDermott and Fair over Wallace, Bass or Green right now and hope they are all gone !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

McDermott is 15-25 range pick at best. A one way player in the NBA like Carmelo Anthony. 

Melo atleast rebounds his own misses tho

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd take him at 18-19 with our second pick. IF we haven't selected Wiggins or Parker.

He's better than Creighton alum Kyle Korver for instance.

If he's the next Mike Miller or Keith Van Horn he's being accurately projected in the 9-15 range.

If he's the next Peja Stojakovic then he's worth pick 5-7.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

McDer is gone after the 14th pick.

Unless Ainge can get another lottery pick, don't count on the Celts ending up with McDer with the 18th or 19th pick.

What if Parker, Wiggins and Embiid stay in School and we end of with the 7th pick. Who are 7 better prospects than him?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

How ridiculous Fiercy and a few others are.  If DA can draft MickyD with the first pick(I'm assuming C's get no better than a 6 hole) it should be done no questions asked.  Look if everyone that's good declares it should be a VERY GOOD DRAFT.   MickyD can knock down NBA trifecta's better than almost anyone I've seen in college ball.  This kid has been groomed by his old man and it does not get much better than that.  Enjoy!  DA give me a call!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

How ridiculous Fiercy and a few others are.  If DA can draft MickyD with the first pick(I'm assuming C's get no better than a 6 hole) it should be done no questions asked.  Look if everyone that's good declares it should be a VERY GOOD DRAFT.   MickyD can knock down NBA trifecta's better than almost anyone I've seen in college ball.  This kid has been groomed by his old man and it does not get much better than that.  Enjoy!  DA give me a call!!

Why would we call you?  For info on Jacoby Parker?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Call him(Sandusky), hearing he needs a hug.....Enjoy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would take Kyle Anderson or Aaron Gordon in a heartbeat before Gary Harris or Doug McDermott. Yuck to those two with pick 5-7.

The other two have a chance to be special multiple all-star top 2 players on a playoff team type guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Harris is a low ceiling high floor guy. He will be like John Starks/Cuttino Mobley and start for years as the 5th best player in a league devoid of SG's and put up 15-18ppg. Ainge has already said he will match offers for Avery, who is a solid '3 and D' player who gives a bit more than that in transition and with cuts to the rim and can easly also average 16-18ppg with better defense. We need a 6'7'-6'8" wing who can play some SF in the rotation with Avery. Not an undersized 2 who can't play any PG.

Dougie McBuckets is the next Mike Miller/Tracy Murray. He has about the same chance of turning into the next Adam Morrison/Luke Jackson as he does to becoming the next Peja. He's as solid bet to give you 14-18 minutes at the 3 and another 8-10 at the 4 and average 12-15ppg as a 6th man.

I will take my chances with thesuper high ceiling player at pick 5-7 over guys guaranteed to be your 6th-8th best players and in your rotation for years but no real shot of every being an all-star or one of your top 3 players. That is Harris/McDer.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I would take Kyle Anderson or Aaron Gordon in a heartbeat before Gary Harris or Doug McDermott. Yuck to those two with pick 5-7.

The other two have a chance to be special multiple all-star top 2 players on a playoff team type guys.

So a guy who is getting 30 a night plus in College does not have a chance to become a Star at the next level? What is your reasoning?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Call him(Sandusky), hearing he needs a hug.....Enjoy!

I'll bet he knows more about hoops than you do...............sorry state of affairs.

Jacoby Parker??

What a clown.

Sections
Shortcuts