McDermott Honored As Wooden POY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

McDermott Honored As Wooden POY

McBuckets won the Wooden award today. 

I still hope the C's pass on him.

Seems like a decent 6th man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: McDermott Honored As Wooden POY

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

The C's aren't going to take him with their first pick. He wouldn't be a bad choice with the second pick if he is still out there.

Just another white kid with a good jumper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

The C's aren't going to take him with their first pick. He wouldn't be a bad choice with the second pick if he is still out there.

Agreed,,,massively exposed in his last game...keep him  away from us...just Jimmer Fredette with no speed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy would pick him 7th if Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Smart, Exum and Harris are off the board. Ugh. He'd pass on Gordon, Randle and Vonleh in favor of McBuckets, who he thinks will be a very good starter. 

Agree with Mitch that he has decent 6th man/shooter off the bench written all over him. i'd take him at 18-19 but not at 7-8 (or even 11-12).

Fiercy laughed at the idea of Gordon ever being an all-star. The kid grabbed his age in rebounds in the elite eight (18) and looks like a special talent. McBuckets turned 22 three months ago.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ummm... because they easily could have? Duh.

A team with a 10-12 record who rids itself of a disgruntled SG when it has two other equally good ones and it's 3rd best PF it is giving starter minutes to, in exchange for the exact player it needs in that rare rim protected 10+ rebound center, would no longer have been tanking and would have been as good as the Raptors. I said between 40-45 wins.

Common sense.

You can't prove the Celtics would NOT have gone a decent 2nd rd playoff team quality 35-25 after trading for Asik. All I said was at the least they'd have gone .500.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I can't prove Gordon, Vonleh and Randle will be better pro's than McBuckets.

But as usual I look a heck of a lot smarter than you.

You want to bully and laugh and look like a fool over someone thinking a 10-12 ballclub would have gone 30-30 after adding Asik? A 'what if' that 100% has NO provable answer?Be my guest. I can't win. You can't win. You just look like a complete loser on the heels of my beating you so badly in so many arguments recently.

But we have three college freshman who all pass the eye test, two who dominated through four NCAA tourney games and possess abilities at such a young age that you just can't teach. 

Meanwhile. McBuckets is 22, has one above average skill and was humiliated and tamed by shorter players grabbing boards over his head and blowing by him/schooling him on defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think anyone who wants to draft Dougie over Gordon, Vonleh and Randle to be a complete IDIOT who would cripple their franchise for years.

But time will tell.

Unlike Fiercy's loser attacks on a hypothetical that can't be proven. These four players will all be in the NBA and we can form our own opinions based on facts and stats and the truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

You never draft a Wooden Award Winner because they never do anything in the NBA. Doug is White, he's slow and he can't jump. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

I think anyone who wants to draft Dougie over Gordon, Vonleh and Randle to be a complete IDIOT who would cripple their franchise for years.

But time will tell.

Unlike Fiercy's loser attacks on a hypothetical that can't be proven. These four players will all be in the NBA and we can form our own opinions based on facts and stats and the truth.

Why should anyone here believe you when everything you said this season turned out to be false?

Told you Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony wouldn't happen and you didn't believe me!

Also told you Rondo for George Hill won't happen and you didn't believe me!

And I told you the Celts would NOT win 30 games this season and you didn't believe me!

Wooden Brain Award goes to rame!

So lame!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hello my friend. Just got back off vacation and I see you are still fighting the good fight. Can't believe it but I really missed this stuff while sitting on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

But time will tell.

Why should anyone here believe you when everything you said this season turned out to be false?

Told you Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony wouldn't happen and you didn't believe me!

And I told you the Celts would NOT win 30 games this season and you didn't believe me!

So lame!

Hello my friend. Just got back off vacation and I see you are still fighting the good fight. Can't believe it but I really missed this stuff while sitting on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. 

man i live in hawaii..i'm on oahu...what island did you go to?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Wow!

I'm sure you had a great time there.

Sitting on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii trumps everything you missed here. 

It was nice my friend and Thank You! I ended my vacation by seeing the C's lose and the Jazz win so all is good! My Wife said if I were to even think about the Celtics that I would be fed to the sharks. I was good and missed that feeding so I thought I would come on here and get eaten up. LOL!!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

But time will tell.

So lame!

Hi Raider and Thank YOU for asking Sir. I was right there in your back yard and greatest thing I have ever seen in my life is the Pearl Harbor tour. My Family lost my great uncle there so it was very emotional. I wish I would have known you were there and I would have bought you a beer. Very expensive so one beer only...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

But time will tell.

So lame!

Hi Raider and Thank YOU for asking Sir. I was right there in your back yard and greatest thing I have ever seen in my life is the Pearl Harbor tour. My Family lost my great uncle there so it was very emotional. I wish I would have known you were there and I would have bought you a beer. Very expensive so one beer only...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

man i wish i knew...i could have met you somwhere...i live right up the road from pearl harbor..i live in pearl city....yeah and it is a nice place..being on that ship makes you think...emotions run high...lot's of good people was lost...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

But time will tell.

So lame!

man i wish i knew...i could have met you somwhere...i live right up the road from pearl harbor..i live in pearl city....yeah and it is a nice place..being on that ship makes you think...emotions run high...lot's of good people was lost...

Oh Raider. It really was incredible. Emotions were OFF THE CHARTS! I saw people crying and I just knew I had something in common but just did not want to push it. We saved for 4 years for this trip and it was worth every penny and if I ever am lucky enough to go back, I would love to sit down with you. Hell, by the time we save enough, it might be about the time the C's are relevent again. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Ummm... because they easily could have? Duh.

A team with a 10-12 record who rids itself of a disgruntled SG when it has two other equally good ones and it's 3rd best PF it is giving starter minutes to, in exchange for the exact player it needs in that rare rim protected 10+ rebound center, would no longer have been tanking and would have been as good as the Raptors. I said between 40-45 wins.

Common sense.

You can't prove the Celtics would NOT have gone a decent 2nd rd playoff team quality 35-25 after trading for Asik. All I said was at the least they'd have gone .500.

Rame, you overract to that 10-12 run at the beginning of the season. If sth is common sense, than that bad teams typically win some games at the beginning of the season (Cs and 76ers this year were just one example, Magic last year another).

Here are the leaders in win shares this year (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_leaders.html). It is not a perfect stat, but is is better than nothing.

1. Kevin Durant-OKC 18.3 2. LeBron James-MIA 14.9 3. Kevin Love-MIN 13.8 4. Stephen Curry-GSW 11.9 5. Blake Griffin-LAC 11.6 6. James Harden-HOU 11.5 7. Chris Paul-LAC 11.3 8. Kyle Lowry-TOR 10.8 9. DeAndre Jordan-LAC 10.7 10. Paul George-IND 10.6 11. Anthony Davis-NOP 10.5 12. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 10.5 13. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 10.1 14. Joakim Noah-CHI 10.1 15. Goran Dragic-PHO 10.0 16. Damian Lillard-POR 9.1 17. Andre Drummond-DET 9.0 18. Robin Lopez-POR 9.0 19. Serge Ibaka-OKC 8.7 20. DeMar DeRozan-TOR 8.4

Asik played only 42 games this year. Do you really think he would gave us +15-20 wins?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

==================================================

I agree to maybe get him with our 2nd pick if available. My first choice if available is Embiid because we have been desperate for a Center since Perkins left.

Mc Dermott is truly a scoring machine and seems to be a guy to go to for a closing shot.  But there are players who are/were inside and outside closers able to hit perimeter shots and drive to the basket, i.e. Pierce, LeBron, Kobe, MJ, Durant and, of course, many others but from the outside,  Doug McDermott is like a Ray Allen.  But RA could drive to the basket and play "D" too but, let's admit it, he is mainly known as an outside closer and the best 3 pt shooter in the game.  McDermott would be a great add on to a team with a good rebounding Center and also some scrapy Forwards who, albeit defended, could all put the ball in the basket in the post, 5-10 feet out and/or pass it to an open McDermott.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

But time will tell.

So lame!

hey Cmo...want to trade places retroactively...say, oh, 8 days?

:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Too bad he is white and presumed to be a poor defender.  If he was black the ink would be running in his favor.  Get over it the league is a black league now and a white must clearly be above the rest if he wants to spend time on a revelant rotation.  Saw a team last night play even with Kentucky, but there will be no talk of the great NBA players that might come from that team.  But all of Kentucky players are going to play NBA, and that is OK but a team that plays them even should have something also.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

But time will tell.

So lame!

Hello Melly....I wish I was back there... I am so glad the Celts are TANKING WITH HONOR and hope this is the year the ping pong balls fall our way! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

But time will tell.

So lame!

Hello Melly....I wish I was back there... I am so glad the Celts are TANKING WITH HONOR and hope this is the year the ping pong balls fall our way! 

Welcome back to one of our more invigorating losses...I as well hope the ping-pong gods look upon us an smile as well...

Sections
Shortcuts