McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I understand your logic.  I don't agree that its enough to give up Rondo for Wall but Wall is defnitely bigger and stronger than Rondo.  But in my opinion, that's all he has and he's not as good of a passer or floor general so Rondo's better. The bigger issue is that your original post had Rondo, Ray, and Bass + a pick for Wall, Young, McGhee, and Lewis.  Essentially, we give up three core players and get  3 Wizards core players.  I net that out as this:   Much of the Celtics roster of experienced winners is replaced by Wizards who have never won anything in their careers and helped their team to the bottom of the league each year.   That was what I was objecting to the most.   Think about the make up of a proud Celtics team becoming made up of the "not so proud losers" from the Wizards.   Not a move I'd endorse. Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE] Well said... That is a concern of mine as well. My hope if such a trade or anything similar went down is that the Celtic structure and leadership could turn these guys around. That's a huge if I admit. Really, there is no reason the Wiz should be as bad as they are. Something is really wrong there. But to go further, the real premise of my proposed trade was more of a question about the method of acquiring the players than the components of the trade itself. The prize for the C's in this proposal would be Wall and McGhee (young is just a throw in). If you believe Wall will eventually be a top 10 player in this league and that McGee will eventually be a fringe all star center, is it worth taking back the worst contract in basketball right now (rashard Lewis)? Sacrifice all cap flexibility for a year for two players currently on their rookie contracts just based on their potential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": Very good idea. I love it. Wish it could/would happen.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I hate this. McGee and Blatche destroys our ability to get young with players of higher skill and basketball IQ.  I would take one and never take both of these two dummies. They are part of the worst team in basketball.  How on earth can we build our future on  two guys who have such a lack of court discipline along with giving away half the team? This would be a disaster and I can assure it will never happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

The whole thing is just a hypothetical scenario because I doubt the wiz would trade wall for rondo under any circumstance; however, if I had the opportunity I would do it. The reason I would make the trade is because I do not believe the C's have a realistic opportunity at Howard and Williams. Outside of those guys there aren't any superstar free agents left. The C's would likely be bidding for McGee and possibly overpaying some just above average player like Jamal Crawford. Cap space would not be as important this summer because there is really nobody to get. In one trade the C's could arguably upgrade their center and PG positions (assuming they can get the knuckle heads to reach their potential)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

With Wilcox out, McGhee and Blatche are starting to look better and better. I still don't like Blatche though

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": [QUOTE]That's the thing ... If DWill & DH are the FA's worth max contracts and the C's aren't likely to get either then there's no since in saving all the cap space. Maybe do what Bird did in Indy ... keep enough cap for one max contract just in case an unexpected deal comes along. But take advantage of the deadline deals that are offered now. Those same deals may not be offered over the summer or there could be more competition. If we can fill two holes now taking back one semi-bad contract that might be turned around it's a far better gamble than any draft pick outside the top ten. If we can get McGee & Beasley and the cost to get those guys is a few picks, expiring contracts and maybe one rookie while taking back one questionable contract in Blatche (who could still help @ PF) then we may have improved more now then we could by waiting. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] I agree... Blatche's contract is basically is about 23 mil over 3 years. Lewis's contract is 21 mil for one. I would be somewhat more inclined to take the 1 year hit. Especially if there is no one to get next year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I agree... Blatche's contract is basically is about 23 mil over 3 years. Lewis's contract is 21 mil for one. I would be somewhat more inclined to take the 1 year hit. Especially if there is no one to get next year

Rashard Lewis is a shell of his former All-Star self and not much of a contributor at all. He would be a downgrade at SF/SG. I think Andray Blatche would be an upgade for the second unit. He's struggling a bit this year, but put up pretty good numbers the two seasons prior. I think people are underrating him here. At worst, he's another Brandon Bass. I don't see much of a risk, especially if Blatche nets you McGee.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The whole thing is just a hypothetical scenario because I doubt the wiz would trade wall for rondo under any circumstance; however, if I had the opportunity I would do it. The reason I would make the trade is because I do not believe the C's have a realistic opportunity at Howard and Williams. Outside of those guys there aren't any superstar free agents left. The C's would likely be bidding for McGee and possibly overpaying some just above average player like Jamal Crawford. Cap space would not be as important this summer because there is really nobody to get. In one trade the C's could arguably upgrade their center and PG positions (assuming they can get the knuckle heads to reach their potential)
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]
    I get your point but what I am saying is Wall and these other two are on the worst group in the NBA. They have physical talent but not one of the three plays a smart game.  It would be a disaster to bring a group like that to Boston. Let's draft and sign free agents and add maybe one of them for as little as possible because they should be on sale. They are in the damaged aisle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I get your point but what I am saying is Wall and these other two are on the worst group in the NBA. They have physical talent but not one of the three plays a smart game.  It would be a disaster to bring a group like that to Boston. Let's draft and sign free agents and add maybe one of them for as little as possible because they should be on sale. They are in the damaged aisle. Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] I agree about those guys being a disaster. Again, I am amazed at how bad they are. Based on talent, that team should be contending to get into the playoffs especially in the east. I didnt think Saunders was the problem, but something is definitely wrong with that team. To your point, for this scenario to work it would require KG, Pierce and Doc to turn these guys into pros. That's a huge challenge.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I hate this. McGee and Blatche destroys our ability to get young with players of higher skill and basketball IQ.  I would take one and never take both of these two dummies. They are part of the worst team in basketball.  How on earth can we build our future on  two guys who have such a lack of court discipline along with giving away half the team? This would be a disaster and I can assure it will never happen.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Basketball fans with low basketball IQ love players with low basketball IQ. Go figure.Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Basketball fans with low basketball IQ love players with low basketball IQ. Go figure.
    Posted by kycleptic[/QUOTE]

Hmmm--I have someone in mind who wants the both of them post haste. Hmmm...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I believe Eric Gordon is a 6'3" guard who can play point or shooting.  He's best known for shooting but handles the ball better than a Avery Bradley and can be a point guard who can score/jumper.

I like AB alright, but who doesn't handle the ball better than him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I like AB alright, but who doesn't handle the ball better than him?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Laughing Out Loud at that one.   

I meant that Gordon combines shooting and potential PG play and while some may suggest Bradley, Gordon is a better shooter/scorer and ball handler.

Not advocating Gordon for Rondo, by the way.  Was just answering someone's question on who are the guards worth trading for.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick. Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round. 9-man rotation: C McGee PF Garnett SF Pierce PG Rondo SG Allen C Wilcox PF Bass SF/SG Pietrus PG Bradley 10-15: C Stiemsma PF Blatche PF Johnson SF/SG Pavlovic PG/SG Moore In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench. 2012-2013 Boston Celtics C JaVale McGee PF Kevin Garnett SF Paul Pierce PG Rajon Rondo SG Ray Allen C Andray Blatche PF Brandon Bass SF Jeff Green PG Avery Bradley SG OJ Mayo C Greg Stiemsma SG Mickael Pietrus PF JaJuan Johnson SG E'twaun Moore 2nd round pick
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick. Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round. 9-man rotation: C McGee PF Garnett SF Pierce PG Rondo SG Allen C Wilcox PF Bass SF/SG Pietrus PG Bradley 10-15: C Stiemsma PF Blatche PF Johnson SF/SG Pavlovic PG/SG Moore In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench. 2012-2013 Boston Celtics C JaVale McGee PF Kevin Garnett SF Paul Pierce PG Rajon Rondo SG Ray Allen C Andray Blatche PF Brandon Bass SF Jeff Green PG Avery Bradley SG OJ Mayo C Greg Stiemsma SG Mickael Pietrus PF JaJuan Johnson SG E'twaun Moore 2nd round pick
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of Blatche but it means keeping the core guys. As far as giving up draft picks, the "C's" haven't done especially well in the past at getting lucky and with the cap space next year this plan looks really good. +1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Laughing Out Loud at that one.    I meant that Gordon combines shooting and potential PG play and while some may suggest Bradley, Gordon is a better shooter/scorer and ball handler. Not advocating Gordon for Rondo, by the way.  Was just answering someone's question on who are the guards worth trading for.

All kidding aside,  AB has improved more than I ever thought he would.  I don't cringe when he shoots from the outside any more.  He will never be a excellent passer but he does some good things.  Don't think he has much of a basketball IQ either.  With all the junk i just mentioned I don't want to give him away as he is definitely got talent.  He just needs consistant playing time.  Same for Moore on playing time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Eric Gordon was and is not a PG.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

are u looking for a argument?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mcgee or Blatche in the bargain bin, just one of them.  We want to tuff love these young stupid players. Can only do one at a time.  Part of the problem is these idiots were all together in Washington. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Exactly, one is all to be handled. Once you get more than one egg head, they start to germinate. Like co mingles with like...We don't need the three stooges...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : You can't amnesty a player that you have traded for.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know this yet again 'Gina'

Remember when I otherwise schooled you on the new rules of the CBA?

hopefully you can find a Laker forum someday where you are actually wanted

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jermaine and the Clippers 1st rd pick for Blatche just kills our cap space next year. Unless it was full of complete blow-up type other moves or a 3 team trade that got us Smith/McGee it wouldn't be worth it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": [QUOTE]Jermaine and the Clippers 1st rd pick for Blatche just kills our cap space next year. Unless it was full of complete blow-up type other moves or a 3 team trade that got us Smith/McGee it wouldn't be worth it. Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] It would be worth it to get McGee. This maybe the C's best chance at a skilled, super athletic, 7 footer with a gigantic wingspan. He is only 24. Danny should do whatever it takes. They will be set at the position for years