McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

In Response to McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!:
    Per Marc Stein @ ESPN: The Wiz have been shopping Andray Blatche for months with no luck in hopes of truly changing the team culture around prized youngsters John Wall and Jan Vesely. But sources say the Wiz are now weighing whether it's time to finally surrender McGee -- who for all his potential still routinely finds himself at the heart of Washington's ongoing turbulence -- on the condition that his new team take Blatche as well. If Blatche doesn't work out we still have the Amnesty option.
    Posted by Mployee8

I dont believe you can amnesty someone new.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Im a BIG fan of McGee. He is young, athletic, and has great potential. I think we could trade Ray, JO and a pick for him, or something like that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!:
    Per Marc Stein @ ESPN: The Wiz have been shopping Andray Blatche for months with no luck in hopes of truly changing the team culture around prized youngsters John Wall and Jan Vesely. But sources say the Wiz are now weighing whether it's time to finally surrender McGee -- who for all his potential still routinely finds himself at the heart of Washington's ongoing turbulence -- on the condition that his new team take Blatche as well. If Blatche doesn't work out we still have the Amnesty option.
    Posted by Mployee8

You can't amnesty a player that you have traded for.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!:
    In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Not sure ... I think Red/Russ said any contract signed before the lockout could be amnestied so if that's true it wouldn't have to be an existing roster contract.
    Posted by Mployee8

No, he is correct (for once).  You cannot amnesty a player you trade for.  So.....keep them both until at least the end of the year!!

Can never have too many bigs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Problem with trading for McGee is his low cap figure makes it tough to match salaries

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Danny should do anything he can to get McGhee. I could see the Wiz having a fire sale on their roster. An article I read said Wall is the only untouchable. I wonder how true that is. If the C's offer Rondo, Allen, Bass, and a first for McGhee, Wall, Young, and Lewis. Lewis's contract is terrible, but it expires next year. In a way, his contract is really better than Blatche's, but dealing him will allow the Wiz to essentially start over this offseason. Would you guys take back Lewis's bad contract for the chance at Wall and McGhee? Remember the only big names in free agency this year are Howard and Williams. Neither is likely coming to the celtics

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Just read a post where the Wiz say anybody on their team can be had except Wall if the team is willing to take Blatche. Danny should be calling

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have watched Wall closely he will be a loser his whole career. His game while spectacular is horrible.  Stay away.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Rondo and Wall together and you'll have a very solid foundation, a very solid Brick-Wall! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Glad you said that, Wall cannot shoot at all although unlike Rondo he insists on doing it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : There is hope for Wall because he's an 80% FT shooter.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Let's see but I think Wall is a bust.  Maybe he should try the two guard.  I really think he is one of the dumbest players I have seen.  Which says a lot on that team they are all really stupid.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!":
    In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Nope ... Don't want Lewis's contract ... rather have Blatche ... a change of scenery could be all he needs then his contract won't look so bad. I'd sweeten the deal for Young though ... Stick with Rondo over Wall. Rondo could get you DWill ... otherwise he'll be effective with a fast break team. McGee, Blatche & Young for Ray, JON & a #1 (add Bradley or Moore if need be) ... Posted by Mployee8
    You guys may be right. One of the main reasons I thought of possiblly including Lewis in this trade is because I am really apprehensive about trading for Blatche. I have never liked his game, and I think he will likely be a waste of space on the C's roster for the next few years. McGhee however is a stud. I know he is not the sharpest player, but this guy has incredible ability. To me, he and Deandre Jordan are basically the same player, but McGhee probably has more upside. If Danny can get them to include Nick Young, I think it's a no brainier deal for the C's

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts