McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!":
    Im a BIG fan of McGee. He is young, athletic, and has great potential. I think we could trade Ray, JO and a pick for him, or something like that Posted by Celtics2008Champs
    Yes McGee would look good in green, he is just what the celts need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!:
    Danny should do anything he can to get McGhee. I could see the Wiz having a fire sale on their roster. An article I read said Wall is the only untouchable. I wonder how true that is. If the C's offer Rondo, Allen, Bass, and a first for McGhee, Wall, Young, and Lewis. Lewis's contract is terrible, but it expires next year. In a way, his contract is really better than Blatche's, but dealing him will allow the Wiz to essentially start over this offseason. Would you guys take back Lewis's bad contract for the chance at Wall and McGhee? Remember the only big names in free agency this year are Howard and Williams. Neither is likely coming to the celtics
    Posted by Accension13

Are you out of your mind?  Offer Ray, Allen, Bass and a first for MCGhee, Wall, Young, and Lewis????   Wow - take Rondo vs Wall alone.....all star vs an underachieving player?  Wall is more athletic than Rondo and that's it!  Can't pass as well, not as mature in running a team, doesn't play great defense, has less steals and less assists, and like Rondo - can't shoot jumpers well so its not an upgrade there.   One can do the same analysis on Young - a good young streak shooter who's not shown the ability to win games like Ray.  But, at least Young is "younger than Ray" and that's about all we'd get out of that.  Then, we give up Bass who's playing great to take on Lewis????  Yes, we get cap room after he's gone but who do we get to pick up later?

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever read on this Board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And to be clear, I'm all for getting McGhee but the rest of what Accension proposes is what I'm objecting to.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : Are you out of your mind?  Offer Ray, Allen, Bass and a first for MCGhee, Wall, Young, and Lewis????   Wow - take Rondo vs Wall alone.....all star vs an underachieving player?  Wall is more athletic than Rondo and that's it!  Can't pass as well, not as mature in running a team, doesn't play great defense, has less steals and less assists, and like Rondo - can't shoot jumpers well so its not an upgrade there.   One can do the same analysis on Young - a good young streak shooter who's not shown the ability to win games like Ray.  But, at least Young is "younger than Ray" and that's about all we'd get out of that.  Then, we give up Bass who's playing great to take on Lewis????  Yes, we get cap room after he's gone but who do we get to pick up later? This is one of the worst ideas I've ever read on this Board. Posted by Celtsfan4life
    Just to get perspective, what PG would you trade Rondo straight up for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

McGee has great potential and if Wash.he is a restricted FA after this season. I think a trade of our core group is not going to happen. A trade involving JoN or Dooling is reasonable and a Blatche,McGee would work out cap wise BUT despite injuries all year long we are 3 games over .500, only 4 games from being #3 seed and I think we are going to win the division. Teams like NO,Wash and Char are teams with no chance and will be looking to trade more for freeing up cap space or add picks as obtaining talent. So if we do something it might be for a piece not an all star.

I think it's amusing the same nimrods who still decry trading Perk and how it ruined our team are willing to trade the whole team away for anyone that had a good game that day.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick.

Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round.

9-man rotation:

C McGee
    PF Garnett
    SF Pierce
    PG Rondo
    SG Allen

C Wilcox
    PF Bass
    SF/SG Pietrus
    PG Bradley

10-15:
    C Stiemsma
    PF Blatche
    PF Johnson
    SF/SG Pavlovic
    PG/SG Moore

In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench.

2012-2013 Boston Celtics

C JaVale McGee
    PF Kevin Garnett
    SF Paul Pierce
    PG Rajon Rondo
    SG Ray Allen

C Andray Blatche
    PF Brandon Bass
    SF Jeff Green
    PG Avery Bradley
    SG OJ Mayo

C Greg Stiemsma
    SG Mickael Pietrus

PF JaJuan Johnson
    SG E'twaun Moore
    2nd round pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick. Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round. 9-man rotation: C McGee PF Garnett SF Pierce PG Rondo SG Allen C Wilcox PF Bass SF/SG Pietrus PG Bradley 10-15: C Stiemsma PF Blatche PF Johnson SF/SG Pavlovic PG/SG Moore In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench. 2012-2013 Boston Celtics C JaVale McGee PF Kevin Garnett SF Paul Pierce PG Rajon Rondo SG Ray Allen C Andray Blatche PF Brandon Bass SF Jeff Green PG Avery Bradley SG OJ Mayo C Greg Stiemsma SG Mickael Pietrus PF JaJuan Johnson SG E'twaun Moore 2nd round pick Posted by davidap
    Very reasonable two year plan. I like it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": Very reasonable two year plan. I like it!
    Posted by Accension13

I liked it too; show this plan to Ainge someone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

For 2 players that WASH needs to get out of their locker room, I would not be in favor of sending either of our 2012 first round picks. They will be drafting in the top 3 this year which in itself will allow them to replace the loss of McGee. This team has a young nucleus (Wall, Young, Booker, Vesely, Singleton, Seraphin, Crawford and #3 pick), what this team needs is to get well under the cap and add some veteran leadership. My proposal will help them do that, since we are taking on salary and discontents (hoping change re-focuses them) we dictate the terms of the deal. WASH gets JON, Wilcox, Moore, our 2012 2nd round pick and our 2013 1st rounder, BOS gets McGee, Blatche and #33 pick to go along with #16 and #24 (LAC). This trade has minimal disruption for the remainder of 2012. We finish season as follows:

PG: Rondo, Bradley, Dooling
    SG: Allen, Pietrus, player x
    SF: Pierce, Pavolic, Daniels
    PF: Bass, Blatche, JJJ
    C: Garnett, McGee, Stem

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! :

At Draft time we continue the re-build with ATL as follows:
    ATL wants to move some salary and re-load plus they are selling the team so new Owner may want to re-work the roster and finances.

ATL gets RA, Blatche, JJJ (backup youth to entice taking Blatche), #16 pick and  switch #33 (Wash) for about #20 and #41. BOS gets J Smith and M Williams, #20 and #41 picks to go along with our #24 LAC.
    We move M. Williams to MEM for OJ Mayo which may allow them to move R. Gay which has been discussed in the past because of there small market limitations.

Of course this strategy puts any DH/Dwill ambitions to bed.

We go into draft night as follows:
    PG: Rondo, Bradley, draft pick
    SG: Mayo, Pietrus ?, player x
    SF: Pierce, Green, Pavolic
    PF: J Smith, Bass, draft pick
    C: McGee, Garnett, draft pick

Posted by greenmuse

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick. Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round. 9-man rotation: C McGee PF Garnett SF Pierce PG Rondo SG Allen C Wilcox PF Bass SF/SG Pietrus PG Bradley 10-15: C Stiemsma PF Blatche PF Johnson SF/SG Pavlovic PG/SG Moore In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench. 2012-2013 Boston Celtics C JaVale McGee PF Kevin Garnett SF Paul Pierce PG Rajon Rondo SG Ray Allen C Andray Blatche PF Brandon Bass SF Jeff Green PG Avery Bradley SG OJ Mayo C Greg Stiemsma SG Mickael Pietrus PF JaJuan Johnson SG E'twaun Moore 2nd round pick
    Posted by davidap

I like it, too!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Nice plan, davidap. The only change I'd make would be to start Mayo and have Ray Ray come off the bench. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": Just to get perspective, what PG would you trade Rondo straight up for? Posted by Accension13
    There are no "available" point guards I would trade Rondo for. If they were available, I'd take CP3, Rose, DWill, maybe Westbrook, Parker, Irving, or Gordon. But, none of those guys are available so I keep Rondo. I am not unhappy with Rondo although I'd love for him to develop a jumps hot and hit a darn free throw. As a piece of a young puzzle, however, I think you can win a championship with Rondo (afterll, it's already been done!).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, both 2012 1st round draft picks, and 2012 2nd round draft pick to Wizards for JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, and 2012 2nd round draft pick. Washington clears Blatche's salary and adds two first rounders to rebuild. The Celtics nab their big just in time for a playoff push and hopefully turn Blatche into a decent PF. By swapping second round picks, the Celtics likely get the first or second pick in the 2nd round, which probably won't be much worse than selecting in the mid-20s of the 1st round. 9-man rotation: C McGee PF Garnett SF Pierce PG Rondo SG Allen C Wilcox PF Bass SF/SG Pietrus PG Bradley 10-15: C Stiemsma PF Blatche PF Johnson SF/SG Pavlovic PG/SG Moore In the off-season, match whatever McGee receives as an offer. Extend Garnett, Allen, and Pietrus by a year or two on short dollars. Sign OJ Mayo and Jeff Green to fortify the bench. 2012-2013 Boston Celtics C JaVale McGee PF Kevin Garnett SF Paul Pierce PG Rajon Rondo SG Ray Allen C Andray Blatche PF Brandon Bass SF Jeff Green PG Avery Bradley SG OJ Mayo C Greg Stiemsma SG Mickael Pietrus PF JaJuan Johnson SG E'twaun Moore 2nd round pick Posted by davidap
    Very good idea. I love it. Wish it could/would happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": There are no "available" point guards I would trade Rondo for. If they were available, I'd take CP3, Rose, DWill, maybe Westbrook, Parker, Irving, or Gordon. But, none of those guys are available so I keep Rondo. I am not unhappy with Rondo although I'd love for him to develop a jumps hot and hit a darn free throw. As a piece of a young puzzle, however, I think you can win a championship with Rondo (afterll, it's already been done!). Posted by Celtsfan4life
    Those are all reasonable options if they were available. Honestly I don't know much about Gordon. I have not watched him play that much. I might add Curry to that list too. Although, i have serious questions about his ankle injuries. If your focus is only about winning now, I would probably add Nash. Wall is on my list primarily because of his potential upside. I concede your point about Rondo being the overall better player now. Rondo is definitely the better floor general now, but I still think Wall can get there and be better. The guy is only 20. He is 6'4 and an incredible athlete. Again, this is just my opinion, but he would be on my list of PG's

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : All the Gordons in the NBA right now are all SGs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I believe Eric Gordon is a 6'3" guard who can play point or shooting.  He's best known for shooting but handles the ball better than a Avery Bradley and can be a point guard who can score/jumper.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny!": Those are all reasonable options if they were available. Honestly I don't know much about Gordon. I have not watched him play that much. I might add Curry to that list too. Although, i have serious questions about his ankle injuries. If your focus is only about winning now, I would probably add Nash. Wall is on my list primarily because of his potential upside. I concede your point about Rondo being the overall better player now. Rondo is definitely the better floor general now, but I still think Wall can get there and be better. The guy is only 20. He is 6'4 and an incredible athlete. Again, this is just my opinion, but he would be on my list of PG's
    Posted by Accension13

I understand your logic.  I don't agree that its enough to give up Rondo for Wall but Wall is defnitely bigger and stronger than Rondo.  But in my opinion, that's all he has and he's not as good of a passer or floor general so Rondo's better.

The bigger issue is that your original post had Rondo, Ray, and Bass + a pick for Wall, Young, McGhee, and Lewis.  Essentially, we give up three core players and get  3 Wizards core players.  I net that out as this:   Much of the Celtics roster of experienced winners is replaced by Wizards who have never won anything in their careers and helped their team to the bottom of the league each year.   That was what I was objecting to the most.   Think about the make up of a proud Celtics team becoming made up of the "not so proud losers" from the Wizards.   Not a move I'd endorse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It doesn't mean if you handle the ball very well you can automatically play PG. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not sure I understand where you are going with this.....Mr. "I want to get rid of Rondo".  If you're arguing with me that you don't want to trade Rondo for Eric Gordon - ok, let's agree!!!!   I can stay with Rondo.  

YOu are the one who always wants to trade him and I was just answering another poster who asked who I'd accept in his place.  I listed Gordon as a possibility.  why you had to jump in and argue is beyond me but if you are arguing to keep Rondo......I'm proud of you.  Finally you see the light.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: McGee May Be Available Now... Go Get Him Danny! : I don't want to trade Rondo for Eric Gordon or John Wall. Only player/s I want Rondo traded for is Pau Gasol or Josh Smith. Right now I don't even want Rondo traded for Deron. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm proud of you!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1097043-the-one-trade-the-wash-wizards-must-do-before-the-march-15th-trade-deadline

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=andray+blatche+triple-double+attempt&oq=andre+bl&aq=2s&aqi=g1g-s2g7&aql=&gs_sm=1&gs_upl=6333l10623l0l14445l8l8l0l0l0l0l78l609l8l8l0

On the one hand, this guy is capable of triple doubles...great. On the other, begging and pleading for guys to let him get rebounds, is pathetic...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-jM2NvBIc&feature=related

This is why Cleveland wants to start over....yikes!!!

Sections
Shortcuts