Melo - 13-pts, 10-rbs, and 5-blks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo - 13-pts, 10-rbs, and 5-blks!

Another double - double for the rook! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Melo - 13-pts, 10-rbs, and 5-blks!

Good work!'He obviuosly is too good for the D League. But still not good enough to beat out Collins so  keep playing Melo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

He is developing what appears to be a step away jump hook! I did not see this shot in summer league! This guy learns / develops fast! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He needs a go-to move and a counter.................still needs time to develop, but thanks for the updates, I think DA may have found something here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I watched Melo play a lot in college. I have never seen a player improve as much from his fresman year to his Sophmore year as Melo did!! I would hate to trade him and then have to see him  turn into a very good player, for another team!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I watched Melo play a lot in college. I have never seen a player improve as much from his fresman year to his Sophmore year as Melo did!! I would hate to trade him and then have to see him  turn into a very good player, for another team!!

I agree 100% Imagine if Melo was playing with a real PG! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

My concerns with him is he is too slow to show and get back. And we know how important pick n roll defense is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My concerns with him is he is too slow to show and get back. And we know how important pick n roll defense is.

[/

He moves well for a big-man (solid foot work)! I think it will come! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fab Melo is a project big man. That means that a few good games (even really, really good games) in the D-League isn't going to make him "ready" for the NBA. What is going to get him there is hard work and persistence. He's got size that you can't teach and enough talent to build and mold.

Melo being patient, working on game with Red Claws

"I've been working on what the Celtics want me to do -- develop my defensive game," said Melo. "And I've been working on my offensive game, that's something I've been doing every day. Me and J.P. (Clark), one of the assistant coaches, we work every day on post positions, we work on defensive rotations, we watch films to correct the things that I do wrong in the games. I'm just developing my basketball game. On offense, I'm working on my baby hook. That's one thing that has been pretty good for me right now. I've been working on getting post position, running up and down the court, and working on my post moves, things like that."

(Check out the rest of the interview by Jessica Camerato at the link above)

Fab Melo has a lot of work to put in but it sounds like he's doing the work and it is starting to pay dividends already. He's even got that one thing. All fringe NBA players need to have one skill that they do as well as anyone on the planet. For some it is three point shooting, for some it is rebounding. For Fab it is blocking shots (and hopefully he can translate that to all-around defense as well).

He may not be much help to us this year (when we could really use a center) but he'll be an NBA player. He might even be a pretty good one. The question is, will he be in Boston when he gets there or will he be used as trade bait this winter?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Even if it brought Cousins?  After watching him last nite,  I would trade for Cousins and throw in Melo to help entice the deal.  Yes he could turn out to be a player but Cousins talent level is very high.  Put him in the right situation and he could really turn into a player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Even if it brought Cousins?  After watching him last nite,  I would trade for Cousins and throw in Melo to help entice the deal.  Yes he could turn out to be a player but Cousins talent level is very high.  Put him in the right situation and he could really turn into a player.

I've already said Ainge should do whatever it takes to land Big Cuz!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I've already said Ainge should do whatever it takes to land Big Cuz!!

Sorry I don't usually pay attention to you.   Just kidding.  I agree about Cousins.  I would hate to part with Sully though.  I think this guy is going to be a very good player in time. Speaking of time,  could someone tell Doc to start giving this guy 35 minutes a game.  I guarantee we would have a double figure rebounder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Notice the Celtic defense lately???  Cant get much worse than it is.... so I wouldnt sweat Melo's shortcomings... maybe he can learn playing with KG.. who's a better teacher than Doc..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Notice the Celtic defense lately???  Cant get much worse than it is.... so I wouldnt sweat Melo's shortcomings... maybe he can learn playing with KG.. who's a better teacher than Doc..

I agree it can't get much worse.  Not so sure Doc is such a great teacher. He has succeeded with HOF players and had one good year with not so good players when he got coach of the year.  Other than being a coach of a veteran team and sticking with them thru thick and thin,  I haven't been that impressed..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bring Melo back and give him 20 to 30-minutes a game! Develop his game in Boston versus Maine! 

KG said it best "the team needs to get back to its origin" defense! Melo and AB are just what the C's need to get back to playing defense minded basketball! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I would bring him up. 11 points 7 boards and 4 blocks in 26 minutes a game.

I don't really see what the Celtics have to lose at this point.  He shouldn't come up and sit all game. He should come up and get the time that Collins is getting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

RR and KG could do allot to develop Melos game! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]

How about how slow Perkins is. I would take Melo in a heart beat over Perkins right now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

RR and KG could do allot to develop Melos game! 

I would rather RR develop his own game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Patience, my friends. Let the guy develop.

I thought you just started a thread to start the young guys with Melo being one of them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would bring him up. 11 points 7 boards and 4 blocks in 26 minutes a game.

I don't really see what the Celtics have to lose at this point.  He shouldn't come up and sit all game. He should come up and get the time that Collins is getting.

I totally agree!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Just bring Melo up, the Collins experiement is over, he had 0 points in 17min and 1 rebound. Give Melo his 20 minutes and let him learn how to play.  At least you know you have the guy for ten years.  Why is Collins even on the team?  DA doesnt value big men and Doc doesn't know how to coach them.   Make some changes this team sucks right now.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Wish NBDL games were televised.  They probably would bring in a bigger audience than the WNBA.  C'mon ESPN.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Wish NBDL games were televised.  They probably would bring in a bigger audience than the WNBA.  C'mon ESPN.

NBDL games are broadcast live via Youtube at no cost:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/

Sections
Shortcuts