Melo breaks D league record with 14 blocks and a triple double

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Melo breaks D league record with 14 blocks and a triple double

Perhaps, Doc should play Melo against the Nets to see how far he's progressed. It will be interesting to see how he matches up against opponents his size in Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche.  At this point, Doc should be willing to try everything at his disposal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Looks like it will be the Suns, instead of the Celtics, asking for Melo, Lee, and draft picks for Gortat.

Some of you guys misjudged Fab Melo's potential. There's a reason why Ainge picked Melo instead of Moultrie or Perry Jones III.

JaJuan Johnson had 16 pts., 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in a game earlier this year.  Did I misjudge his potential as well?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

JaJuan Johnson had 16 pts., 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in a game earlier this year.  Did I misjudge his potential as well?

Jajuan is not Moultrie or PJ3. I compared Melo to rookies, not 2nd year vets.

There were a lot of people here who wanted the Celts to pick Moultrie or PJ3 with the 22nd pick. But Ainge went big with Fab Melo.

Jajuan wasn't even in on that draft class!

In otherwords, opps, never mind!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Jajuan is not Moultrie or PJ3. I compared Melo to rookies, not 2nd year vets.

There were a lot of people here who wanted the Celts to pick Moultrie or PJ3 with the 22nd pick. But Ainge went big with Fab Melo.

Jajuan wasn't even in on that draft class!

First of all, I'm happy Fab had a great game....it's his first down there, but it's good to see.  I'm a Fab detractor, but will admit when I'm wrong....something you'll never do.  I think we should leave him down there.  The playing time will do him more good than the sport minutes he may get up here.  I simply brought up JaJuan Johnson's game because I posted a comment previously crowing about a couple of JaJuan's performances in the NBDL and was immediately shouted down by the delusional green teamers that it was an NBDL game and not to put too much weight behind that performance.  I just find it Ironic that Fab Melo's game means he's the second coming of Abdul-Jabbar and JJJ's game(s) are just a result of playing against inferior competition.  You yourself are already proclaiming that Fab Melo is not a bust- hope you're right, but I'm copying and pasting your comment somewhere so someday you may be man enough to admit when you are wrong.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Looks like it will be the Suns, instead of the Celtics, asking for Melo, Lee, and draft picks for Gortat.

Some of you guys misjudged Fab Melo's potential. There's a reason why Ainge picked Melo instead of Moultrie or Perry Jones III.

Im just curious but since some here apparently  misjudged Fabs potential....did you know all along Fab would have games like this??

Im hoping Fab turns into a good player for the Celts... hard to tell with an impressive  one game stat line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I wanted PJ3 instead of Sully, and i still think he has way more upside!! I was fine with Melo and still am. I don't think i would include him in a trade for Gortat, we're not going anywhere this season with or without Gortat. In two years Melo will be much better than Gortat!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Hopefully that gets someone's attention in Waltham. Let Melo play a few games...put him on audition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I was happy with the Sullinger pick, and I, too, wanted PJIII.  Anyone see the GSW game last night?  I didn't see it, but I had GameCast on my computer.  Seems another guy we looked at, Festus, is doing okay for GSW!  He had 8 rebs in 26 mins, and it looks like he kept DH in check and in foul trouble.  Again, didn't see the game, just looking at the box score.

Certainly Melo can give us that.  I, for one, am ready to see if the answer is yes or no!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bring him up now and get his six fouls in there during games.   He will hopefully enhance his value and help facilitate a trade at worst.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

right now a rotten apple inside a paper bag could do more for us at 4 than bass.  if we trade melo to get gortat and melo pans out into something then that would be a horrific move.  gortat will never block 15 shots in an empty gym

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc usually hesitates to play the youngins... esp when they dont fully understand or execute Tibs defensive system...  then again, Bass doesnt execute it either but he starts. Ditto Rondo..

Lets see Fab get some time.. heck we're losing anyway, might as well save some miles on KG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

right now a rotten apple inside a paper bag could do more for us at 4 than bass.  if we trade melo to get gortat and melo pans out into something then that would be a horrific move.  gortat will never block 15 shots in an empty gym

Gortat is 10th in the NBA in blocks.  I am not sure if you know but that means there are only 9 guys in the NBA averaging more blocks than Gortat.

Regardless yes I think Melo should play a little in the NBA.  Why not?  The Celtics only have one legit center on the team and he stinks. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

No one knows how good Melo will be in the next two years.    Having Gortat gives us a shot for a ring this year.

Gortat does not help get ring this year, we simply are not good enough to win this year. The dreaded transition needs to take place and we need to develop over time. I'm totally down for a move that improves C's for future, i.e. any 1 sided deals in our favor (including RR), but Gortat is not the answer. Believe the Sacramento chatter holds the best promise for us, including Cousins, Evans, and Jimmer. Love would be an incredible get but do not see Wolves pulling any trigger on him. And please, no talk of Gasol under any circumstances. We already have age and salary issues, time to plan for future!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Gortat is 10th in the NBA in blocks.  I am not sure if you know but that means there are only 9 guys in the NBA averaging more blocks than Gortat.

Regardless yes I think Melo should play a little in the NBA.  Why not?  The Celtics only have one legit center on the team and he stinks. 

we have nothing.  collins is not a legit center.  wilcox is wispy and sullinger is short and ground bound.  kg is not a legit #5.  bring melo up now and put collins in the D league

we might as well face it you can throw a little  tinker on this team like danny probably will and chances are GREAT that he won't do enough, might not be able to do enough for us to contend- they wasted a ton by signing pierce 15m / yr for too many years and then KG @ 11M and green to an unthinkable 36M ocntract.

might as well see what melo has.  see what he does the three games after his triple double and then march him out there.  if he blocks 2 shots and fouls out in 10 minutes with a dunk and 6 rebounds he's better than anything we're bringing off the bench for TRUE #5 position bench play

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Boston Celtics rookie center Fab Melo, who was selected with the 22nd overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, broke an NBA Developmental League record Saturday night by tallying 14 blocks in a single game. Melo also scored 15 points and grabbed 16 rebounds, completing a triple double for the Maine Red Claws in a losing effort against the Erie Bayhawks.

Melo, an athletic 7-foot big man and former Big East Defensive Player of the Year while at Syracuse University, has yet to play a single regular season game for the Boston Celtics despite the Celtics’ league-worst rebounding percentage and lack of depth, size and rim protection in the front court.

With the Celtics currently starting veteran big man Jason Collins, who is averaging a pedestrian 0.7 points and 2.7 rebounds per game, one has to wonder if now is the time for Melo to make his official debut in Celtic green.

http://clnsradio.com/2012/12/22/celtics-rookie-fab-melo-swats-d-league-record-14-blocks-tallies-triple-double/

Is this a Joke?  Did they really lose the game??   lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Melo isn't ready and he's not going to come up this year. Let that one go. A guy is more than a collection of hard fouls. You bring him up when he's ready. You can hurt a guy's confidence badly by bringing him up to get destroyed. 

Ainge will find some other big man options, we activated another dude from the dleague yesterday

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

we have nothing.  collins is not a legit center.  wilcox is wispy and sullinger is short and ground bound.  kg is not a legit #5.  bring melo up now and put collins in the D league

we might as well face it you can throw a little  tinker on this team like danny probably will and chances are GREAT that he won't do enough, might not be able to do enough for us to contend- they wasted a ton by signing pierce 15m / yr for too many years and then KG @ 11M and green to an unthinkable 36M ocntract.

might as well see what melo has.  see what he does the three games after his triple double and then march him out there.  if he blocks 2 shots and fouls out in 10 minutes with a dunk and 6 rebounds he's better than anything we're bringing off the bench for TRUE #5 position bench play

Until you become coach of the Celtics, Melo will stay in the D-League, for now.

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Melo-sets-record-still-not-ready-for-Cel?blockID=816681&feedID=10424

"I can tell you I've talked to Fab as, 'How are you doing?' " Doc Rivers said following practice on Sunday. "I haven't talked to anyone that thinks he's ready to come up yet."

I watched Austin play a couple of games and believe me he's not ready to be up here either!!  I think Melo is more ready then Austin!!

Sections
Shortcuts