Melo Called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Melo Called up

It should be interesting to see how he looks out there.

I hope he gets 10 minutes a game or so.  Nothing to lose at this point. If he can grab a few boards and block a shot and pound on people down low then he already is doing something this team needs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Melo Called up

I agree - hopefully he's not up to have his head looked at this time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It should be interesting to see how he looks out there.

I hope he gets 10 minutes a game or so.  Nothing to lose at this point. If he can grab a few boards and block a shot and pound on people down low then he already is doing something this team needs.

It should be interesting to see him play.  Although, I am not sure what type of impact he will have.  Maybe with more playing time, he will be able to help the Celtics. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I dont think he will have much of an impact.  but like I said the only other true center on the team is Collins.

If he can go out there and run around without falling over he is going to be an upgrade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Unless they want to go into rebuilding mode right now, I don't think I like this. I'm interested to see how well he does, but I'd rather let him develop. He really only does what he does based on pure talent, and doesn't really know the game yet as he's so new to it. This makes me think a couple of trades may be in order to get younger, and KG may be on his way out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Fab Melo can not be any worse than some of the undersized dogs Doc has been trotting out........  Now is the time to find out if he can play......  With Rondo out, more points should be coming from more TRADITIONAL point guards.....  That being said, should take pressure off of MELO and help KG at the same time !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Bill...how do you get more "traditional" than Rondo? He's a Pass first PG, who runs the floor and keys the attack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Bill...how do you get more "traditional" than Rondo? He's a Pass first PG, who runs the floor and keys the attack.

Your right, however in the NBA you need to keep the defense honest, that being a "complete PG" that runs the offense, break, drives, goog jump shooter and most needed is a 85%+ foul shooter........  Rondo lacks the last two !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't disagree...I'm actually not a fan of Rondo at all, but he is the prototypical "traditional" PG. They problem is, most PG's today are not your traditional player, they are products of Michael Jordan and AI. Everyone wants to be 'like Mike' and many teams went with a one or two man team, typically one man scoring machine and a big guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think he's going to make an impact. Did anyone see the layup drills and offensive rebounds the HEAT were getting on Sunday. That's going to stop. He will go after shots and is a decent rebounder when you put him with KG and Sully. I can't tell you how many times I see teams playing volleyball over Bass. He looks like a 8 year old trying to get the ball from his 16 year old brother.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Melo has injured his quads.  He seems to be here for medical treatment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Melo has injured his quads.  He seems to be here for medical treatment.

This article says that may be the reason.  http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/celtics-recall-fab-melo-from-maine/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

He needs to practice with the team,and play on the Celtics. Playing in the DLEAGUE isn't helping him that much,because he has no competetion there.

He would be better served to be around professionals and practicing with them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I hope Melo has been called up to help the team! Right now he is the best rim protector, outside of KG, on the team and he most certainly can rebound the ball better than BB! 

The problem with D-League? I have watched his games, and there is not much passing going on! There are 8 to 10-guys all working to get 10-day contracts, and they pretty much launch shots at will! To develop, a player needs touches!

Develop Melo in Boston where there are minutes and practice time to be had!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

One of the "traditional" ways Bill may be referring to is that it is reasonable to expect a point guard to be an offensive option not only on the fast break but in the half-court offense. Rondo is a non-factor in the latter. I am aware that his shooting percentage is up but I would like to see what it is after 2 footers are subtracted. IMHO, Rondo is ineffective unless the team is running. IF KG and PP and even BB are going to play major minutes, we will not be running all that much. Of course, the point is moot now that Rondo is on the shelf. I bet we will surprise a lot of teams. Hard to argue with our W-L record without Rondo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hopefully he stays away from doors, and chairs...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:

One of the "traditional" ways Bill may be referring to is that it is reasonable to expect a point guard to be an offensive option not only on the fast break but in the half-court offense. Rondo is a non-factor in the latter. I am aware that his shooting percentage is up but I would like to see what it is after 2 footers are subtracted. IMHO, Rondo is ineffective unless the team is running. IF KG and PP and even BB are going to play major minutes, we will not be running all that much. Of course, the point is moot now that Rondo is on the shelf. I bet we will surprise a lot of teams. Hard to argue with our W-L record without Rondo.

The win-loss record is about even!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

hard to argue with the fact that the celtics are 3-3 without rondo? not enough of a sample size for anything and even if it was, 3-3 proves what, exactly? 

as has been stated numerous times for anyone paying any attention, rondo's has drastically improved as a perimiter shooter. if you do not know this and haven't checked out the stats, you don't follow the celts too closely. of course he is a major part of their offense in the half court set. he penetrates and hits open jumpers from 12-20 feet all the time. watch the games before making asinine definitive statments.

those thinking that somehow this team is getting better with the removal of their best player, a top 5 pg in the league (and top 10-15 player), who is an eastern conference starter and 4 time all-star, who leads the league in assists and in is in the top ten in steals, and leads pgs in rebounding, do not know basketball. this team doesn't even have a back-up pg. 

regardless if melo is here to play or not he is a LONG way from being nba ready. he will have little to no impact this year. if he plays he will foul repeatedly and be completely lost on offense and in the defensive rotation. he will block shots and grab a few rebounds, but he is not the answer, not even remotely. true, he can't be too much worse than what they have going on (he's probably just as good as collins), but that's not saying much as collins has to be in the bottom 10 of the worst players in the nba, and melo will not get them any closer to improving their chances in the playoffs. 

the team needs to acquire an actual pg and an experienced big man to have any chance to get beyond the first round of the playoffs. with rondo, and an an acquisition or two (and some more consistency) there may have been an outside shot to compete for a conference championship. with rondo out, no matter what they do though it would take something akin to a miracle to get past the heat. winning a regular season game at home in 2 OTs is not remotely the same thing as beating a true quality team in a 7 game series. as constituted the celts would get swept by any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the nba; they'd get beat in 5-6 games by the rest of the top 10. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

hard to argue with the fact that the celtics are 3-3 without rondo? not enough of a sample size for anything and even if it was, 3-3 proves what, exactly? 

as has been stated numerous times for anyone paying any attention, rondo's has drastically improved as a perimiter shooter. if you do not know this and haven't checked out the stats, you don't follow the celts too closely. of course he is a major part of their offense in the half court set. he penetrates and hits open jumpers from 12-20 feet all the time. watch the games before making asinine definitive statments.

those thinking that somehow this team is getting better with the removal of their best player, a top 5 pg in the league (and top 10-15 player), who is an eastern conference starter and 4 time all-star, who leads the league in assists and in is in the top ten in steals, and leads pgs in rebounding, do not know basketball. this team doesn't even have a back-up pg. 

regardless if melo is here to play or not he is a LONG way from being nba ready. he will have little to no impact this year. if he plays he will foul repeatedly and be completely lost on offense and in the defensive rotation. he will block shots and grab a few rebounds, but he is not the answer, not even remotely. true, he can't be too much worse than what they have going on (he's probably just as good as collins), but that's not saying much as collins has to be in the bottom 10 of the worst players in the nba, and melo will not get them any closer to improving their chances in the playoffs. 

the team needs to acquire an actual pg and an experienced big man to have any chance to get beyond the first round of the playoffs. with rondo, and an an acquisition or two (and some more consistency) there may have been an outside shot to compete for a conference championship. with rondo out, no matter what they do though it would take something akin to a miracle to get past the heat. winning a regular season game at home in 2 OTs is not remotely the same thing as beating a true quality team in a 7 game series. as constituted the celts would get swept by any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the nba; they'd get beat in 5-6 games by the rest of the top 10. 

Good post!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

(round of applause)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

So you are stating Melo will be a BB clone? Other than the fact he will rebound the ball and block a few shots! OH! and Melo will do the above stated for allot less $$!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Don't under estimate the Brazilian Blur!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehl89qifZY

I love the way this guy continuously attacks the basket!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Its about time.  We have no bigs so give the kid a chance to help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He needs to practice with the team,and play on the Celtics. Playing in the DLEAGUE isn't helping him that much,because he has no competetion there.

He would be better served to be around professionals and practicing with them."

nope. He needs game time experience, he has only played ball since he was 17. Playing in the D-league is absolutely helping him, he's a two to three year project. It's very similar to drafting a "project pitcher" in baseball and like baseball there are very good reasons you would not bring someone up too soon. 

Of course if he does get called up to play I'll have to eat some serious crow on this board but I'll be shocked if this wasn't another medical treatment call up, maybe he ran into another door...