Melo deal off shoot - Billups buyout with Miami as destination (idle speculation on WEEI)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Melo deal off shoot - Billups buyout with Miami as destination (idle speculation on WEEI)

Wow...I think Billups could make a difference. No Billups to Miami!!!! Please, just a rumor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Melo deal off shoot - Billups buyout with Miami as destination (idle speculation on WEEI)

Billups has two years left at 13.5 each.

Also, with Harris included in the deal, I think NJ would keep Billups as their PG.  They only have Farmar and Harris now.

Finally, I think Melo likes playing with Billups, and it makes them better to keep him.  They are 10.5 games behind Philly, and probably think they still have a shot at the playoffs.

All this, of course, IF he goes to the Nets, which I still think is just a bluff!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I predict Melo does not want to go the Nets.  He will be stuck there as they will never be that good.  The Knicks will pick him up this summer.