Memphis game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Memphis game...

Umm 2 possesions in a row... 1st PP dribbles for 10 seconds then passes to Rondo with 3 seconds left .. mistake Then his last possesion he dribbles and there was no shot taken...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Memphis game...

Get rid of the ISO with Pierce and get some ball movement.  Rondo cant break his man down as well as nate.  Why the ISO.  At least they are looking good so far in OT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: Memphis game...:
    [QUOTE]Get rid of the ISO with Pierce and get some ball movement.  Rondo cant break his man down as well as nate.  Why the ISO.  At least they are looking good so far in OT.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

What the heck is ISO?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : What the heck is ISO?
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

Isolation......when Pierce takes it one on one at the end of the shot clock, that is an ISO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Thank God they know how to win in OT ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : Isolation......when Pierce takes it one on one at the end of the shot clock, that is an ISO
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Been watching the whole game and the last two plays by Pierce were just HORRIBLE!

Glad we won in the end. Props to Shaq also for his awesome performance. Looks like the big Shamrock still has some fire within that big body!

ps: thanks for the definition =)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Pierce's iso's contributed heavily to his five turnovers (to four assists).  You would think that Pierce would get it, i.e., that his iso moves are no longer a good strategy.  They too often lead to turnovers or bad shots.  When he simply spots up or dishes to Ray in the corner, good things happen.  Why can't he see that?  I'm sure someone will bring up the fact that he was high scorer, but this game should never have gone to OT. 

Anyone know why Shaq wasn't in there for the final possession of regulation?  I was stuck with the Memphis announcers and they didn't mention anything.  He was the difference in this one.  And how about his five of six from the line? He'll have to start mentoring Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We get Delonte back now........hopefully we get JON back soon, then Bradley, Perk and Sheed!!!!

I love this team!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey everyone ... stinks not being able to see the game.
    Being 8-2 is very good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]We get Delonte back now........hopefully we get JON back soon, then Bradley, Perk and Sheed!!!! I love this team!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Can Doc handle that many players, or will he just play the same 7?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : Can Doc handle that many players, or will he just play the same 7?
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

“This is going to make a huge difference,” coach Doc Rivers said. “We really need another guard right now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : Because PP's ego has to be fed.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Hindsight? 

Game 3, Boston at Miami, 2010 playoffs, who hit the game winner at the buzzer? Enough said!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : Because PP's ego has to be fed.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Against Dallas the Celtics lost when Rondo missed that wide open 3-pointer. 

The Celtics Big 3 is not about egos. If they were about egos then I don't think they would have won in 2008.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, the C's shouldn't even have been in that position last night, where one player has to take a potential game-winner at the buzzer.  And it's not the FTs.

They turned the ball over something like 16 times last night. As much as I realize it was a tough road trip, the Celtics shot themselves in the foot last night with the TOs.  They're lucky they weren't playing a team that could capitalize on those mistakes; if that were the case, last night would've been a tough one for the C's.

Some of those are just sloppy, stupid turnovers, and some were forced by tough Memphis D.  The flip side is, if the Celtics can learn to limit those TOs, games like last night will become blowouts.

Pretty happy about this road trip, though.  They were essentially one basket away from going 4-0 on that trip.  Dallas also shot 13 more FTs than Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I was most impressed with Shaq last night. Rondo was getting him the ball in some nice spots and the Big guy can still finish.  It is a long season and the biggest thing for the C's is health.  Resting Shaq with the bruised knee was perfect. Doc will need to give these guys extra time to heal so the team is ready for the playoffs.  Now DW is coming back and will hopefully stay on track and help the C's with their back court depth.  This could be the  deepest C's team in a very long time especially if the C's get Perk back before the playoff run. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'll take 3 wins on a tough road trip, like that one was all year. I think Memphis is a better team than some posters are giving them credit for, their defense was much better than the Heats was, and as Pierce found out Rudy Gay can score on anyone at any time. I say the Grizzlies make the playoffs this year!!

This was a game the C's could have easily lost, but found a way to win, give them some credit. they didn't play their best and still beat a good team, on their home court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE] I'll take 3 wins on a tough road trip, like that one was all year. I think Memphis is a better team than some posters are giving them credit for, their defense was much better than the Heats was, and as Pierce found out Rudy Gay can score on anyone at any time. I say the Grizzlies make the playoffs this year!!  This was a game the C's could have easily lost, but found a way to win, give them some credit. they didn't play their best and still beat a good team, on their home court.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

No doubt, ky.  Good point. 

They're about to go on a winning streak here, I think...7 or 8 in a row is not out of the question...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : Against Dallas the Celtics lost when Rondo missed that wide open 3-pointer.  The Celtics Big 3 is not about egos. If they were about egos then I don't think they would have won in 2008.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Or, and this might be even more to the point, made it to Game Seven of the Finals last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... : No doubt, ky.  Good point.  They're about to go on a winning streak here, I think...7 or 8 in a row is not out of the question...
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I always worry about the first game back, after a road trip,but looking at the schedule, if we beat Atlanta, we could go on a heck of a winning streak!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis game... :   I always worry about the first game back, after a road trip,but looking at the schedule, if we beat Atlanta, we could go on a heck of a winning streak!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I'm a little worried about the Wiz.  Atlanta, however,  should be viewed upon like the Heat.  They swept us last year, and it's time to send them a message.  If we get by the Hawks, we MAY not lose again for a while.  At the beginning of Dec, we have a tough double with Portland and Chicago, although Portland is not playing very well right now, rumor has it Roy is hurt.

Will Boozer be back by the Chicago game?  That will be fun!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Going 3-1 on this road trip is very satisfying. Heck, if the C's weren't short handed vs. Dallas the C's probably would have won that game.
       Shaq played well last night. The C's appear as though they are going to roll right through the Eastern conference this season. It's all a matter of getting home court advantage over the Lakers or whoever else may win the west this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I thought Memphis played awesome defense all night. They've got some  defensive talent in their rotation. They just miss the outside shooting. However it was a good thing that the C's took advantage of it. This game just made me realise how badly we need Ray allen to perform and how we rely on the bench. But I guess every good team will have those same problems....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Going 3-1 on this road trip is very satisfying. Heck, if the C's weren't short handed vs. Dallas the C's probably would have won that game.    Shaq played well last night. The C's appear as though they are going to roll right through the Eastern conference this season. It's all a matter of getting home court advantage over the Lakers or whoever else may win the west this season.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Lil early mem

We started like 25-4 in each of the past 3 seasons

We finished terrible, like .500, last year but made up for it in playoffs

KG injury ruined '09 but we still got the #2 seed 

Then '08 was a complete team, just nasty

If we want to win it all this year you are right, we'll need 64-68 wins and to get homefield throughout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Regarding Pierce and his ISO's, dont expect it to end anytime soon.

The other night Docs in the huddle late in the game, he says to Pierce "Take us home" or something like that. That says it all. Doc cant be blind to see the Pierce ISO's late end up as disaters but he knows Pierce has to feel like Da Man!

We stagnant late and settle for poor or no shots late cause Pierce gets trapped constantly and usually something bad happens.  Still Doc goes to it continually. Must be a reason Doc does this but I dont know what it is

Sections
Shortcuts