MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA

WOW what a game ! i thought they choked then what do you know they hit big shots...And is it kinda wrong that i sorta like marc gasol...i cant come to terms with actually liking him, but i like his style of play...he is a physical tough big man...not like SOFTY pau...i was really impressed my the grizz!
    I remember TA when he left saying he was in the shadows of allen and pierce and right away i thought he was CRAZY, he is no allen or pierce, but i gotta say HE has really impressed me by what he has done with his time in memphis....Im happy they got the win and wish TA all the best...he knows his role and straight up plays D
    WE LET ONE SLIP AWAY WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO TA....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA

The win is credited to Shane battier.  If it wasn't for his 3 the game would have been over.  I dont think we miss Tony Allen.  He chose to walk!!!!  We will see who will go further-Celtics, TA or Perk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I disagree on his impact, but I am happy for him.  Memphis maybe needs his experience, but he almost cost them the game, allowing Hill to fake him out his shoes and score at will.  Going forward, I believe he will have an impact, but he had 3 pts, and didnt make any noticable defensive plays....had 4 pf's, I think, no steals or blocks and was less than 40% shooting.  They won that game on the back of Gasol and Randolph...   like I said, they could probably use him, but T.A. wouldnt start or get much minutes on this current team.  We need scorers, as we have a team defensive philosophy that still has us # 1 in the league,....but his horrible shooting was killing us and he still cant shoot.  Not bashin him, but he is what he is...a role player, why he thought he should take minutes from 2 hall of famers is beyond me....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think TA played good D on Tony Parker at the end and made a great rebound (or was it a steal) and then a fast break pass.  He's no all star, but he made an important difference to the team down the stretch.  Not a lot of minutes, but when he was in, he did well.

I'm not debating whether we should have kept him or not (he did what you or I would do - took the money that was offered to him and Danny moved on!), but its also not debatable that he's made a very positive impact in Memphis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA:
    [QUOTE]Memphis maybe  like I said, they could probably use him, but T.A. wouldnt start or get much minutes on this current team.  We need scorers, as we have a team defensive philosophy that still has us # 1 in the league,....but his horrible shooting was killing us and he still cant shoot.  Not bashin him, but he is what he is...a role player, why he thought he should take minutes from 2 hall of famers is beyond me....
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you are not bashing the guy? He might be a role player but thats what you need in the NBA to win championships!!  A few stars surrounded by role players, period! TA is underrated and has always been. The guy can lock down defend from 1-3 positions. Think about it, DRose is having his way, TA could have easily help out contain DRose..thats how important of role player he is..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How am I bashing him?  I said he was a role player , you said he was a player.  I was making a point about his comments being under Ray and Pauls shadow, so I said, what did he want to do, take their minutes...he is not better then either one, so you take ur bench minutes and shutup, is what i was saying.

Also, like I just stated in another thread,...this league is what have you done for me lately

Half the reason we traded Perk was to make sure we had a solid backup at 2/3 and management felt they could do better cuz the game 7 we lost, our starters played too much , we had a 6 man rotation where baby was only bench player playing cuz when TOny was in for only 5 mnutes the whole game he had a -9 and was allowing L.A. to play 5 on 3.  You dont remember that?....So when u lose the title and look at the boxscore it was easy to determine we needed an upgrade, esp. when Ray Allen held Kobe to 24% shooting BY HIMSELF, no Tony Allen....So Like I said, he was a role player and now we have a career starter in Green who gives all kinds offensive mis matches and can play a little D too...I will take that, cuz the last roster didnt work right??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Damn, yall got me going over here,. and its bad, cuz i liked T.A. for what he did, but I cant sit here and say I miss him.  He was hindering us.

I will make a simple observation.  Role players are all over the league.  Defensive stoppers you call them.  Well, I think of guys like B.Bowen, S.Battier, J.Posey..guys like that...but guess what, even playing their roles, they could hit a 12 foot jumper, both have 3 point range, so you can leave them on the floor for long strecthes,,,,Tony's jumper was ok early on, but after his injury he couldnt throw a rock in the ocean and it hurt us, cuz even a role player is expected to be able to knokc down WIDE open shots and he could not....plain n' simple...and he still has a horrible form and jump shot now.  What am I missing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA:
    [QUOTE]WOW what a game ! i thought they choked then what do you know they hit big shots...And is it kinda wrong that i sorta like marc gasol...i cant come to terms with actually liking him, but i like his style of play...he is a physical tough big man...not like SOFTY pau...i was really impressed my the grizz! I remember TA when he left saying he was in the shadows of allen and pierce and right away i thought he was CRAZY, he is no allen or pierce, but i gotta say HE has really impressed me by what he has done with his time in memphis....Im happy they got the win and wish TA all the best...he knows his role and straight up plays D WE LET ONE SLIP AWAY WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO TA....
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]TA left for more money.Very simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES and TA:
    [QUOTE]How am I bashing him?  I said he was a role player , you said he was a player.  I was making a point about his comments being under Ray and Pauls shadow, so I said, what did he want to do, take their minutes...he is not better then either one, so you take ur bench minutes and shutup, is what i was saying. Also, like I just stated in another thread,...this league is what have you done for me lately Half the reason we traded Perk was to make sure we had a solid backup at 2/3 and management felt they could do better cuz the game 7 we lost, our starters played too much , we had a 6 man rotation where baby was only bench player playing cuz when TOny was in for only 5 mnutes the whole game he had a -9 and was allowing L.A. to play 5 on 3.  You dont remember that?....So when u lose the title and look at the boxscore it was easy to determine we needed an upgrade, esp. when Ray Allen held Kobe to 24% shooting BY HIMSELF, no Tony Allen....So Like I said, he was a role player and now we have a career starter in Green who gives all kinds offensive mis matches and can play a little D too...I will take that, cuz the last roster didnt work right??

Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Relax. Not creating a war zone here by any means. I asked you again if you were sure you were not bashing him. I misinterpreted your comment as if you were not giving TA the credit I think he deserves. All good!!!!!  :-)   At the end good for TA!!  Cheers go C's

Sections
Shortcuts