Memphis may be willing to trade Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Memphis may be willing to trade Henry

I would take Xavier Henry for Daniels & a #1. This is the least Wallace could do for the C's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Memphis may be willing to trade Henry

I don't understand a word of this Xavier Henry deal, what is going on ? So Memphis wants to sign him but can't? Why not? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/18/henry.grizzlies.ap/index.html

I wonder would his demands be any different if he was in Boston? Would Danny pay what he is looking for?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Memphis may be willing to trade Henry:
    [QUOTE]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/18/henry.grizzlies.ap/index.html I wonder would his demands be any different if he was in Boston? Would Danny pay what he is looking for?
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    thanks good article. didn't know things could gio that way...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We do?? I would think we have plenty of vets, nothing wrong with throwing a rookie out there as a backup. We have more veterans than the Veteran's Administration.

(ok that was bad I know)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from voguerp. Show voguerp's posts

In Response to Re: Memphis may be willing to trade Henry:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memphis may be willing to trade Henry : Yeah, we have a lot of veteran bigs but no veteran SF or SG that we can rely on to play against Kobe or Lebron when Pierce or Ray is in foul trouble. In a playoff game I doubt a guy like Xavier Henry can be counted on to deliver. Even top 5 picks like Wes Johnson and Evan Turner struggled in the summer league.  
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

This is a valid point, but I must provide a most recent example of a rookie making a squad and making a direct impact. Wesley Matthews. The kid went undrafted, made Utah's squad and had a terrific regular season coming off the bench. Then the playoffs started, and he was named a starter for Coach Jerry Sloan. And his assignment in the 2nd round was to guard Kobe Bryant!!!! They didn't win the series of course, but let's look at the smaller picture. The kid went undrafted, made a team, played exceptionally well, The team made the playoffs, he started, guarded the game's best player, and his reward? A 35 million dollar offer from Portland. My point being this, it's starts with the hustle and heart of a person and that will help determine their future, and Wesley Matthews is a perfect example of that. i followed the kid at Marquette, and he was exceptionally good, but went undrafted, and used that as fuel to succeed. Xavier Henry at Kansas was a beast as a freshman, and I know can succeed at this level. If Memphis does not sign him, and he ends up being traded to Boston..trust me, he will do jsut fine with the veteran leadership that's here, and having Captain PP (who is a jayhawk alum) there to help guide him. Trade Gaffney, Layfayette, and cash. This definitely would be a win-win if this were done.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.