Message to Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Message to Danny

Hurry and trade Ray now.  Do it before it's too late.  He almost broke his foot last night and it could happen again, and he would not be worth anything to get for.  Get someone like Al Jefferson.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Message to Danny

He rolled his ankle last night. 

You know -- that thing that we all do from time to time, especially when playing hoops. 

Your ankle hurts a good bit and you lose all strength and stabilization for a minute or so. You can generally walk it off, feel perfectly fine and re-enter the game with very little carry over to the next day.

Just thought'd I'd point out the ignorance in your statement, "He almost broke his foot last night." That's far from the truth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    You forgot to mention that he almost broke his elbow, too.
    I'd say trade him because there's a possibility he breaks his neck.
    Actually, lets trade Rondo, Pierce, KG, Bass, Pietrus and couple other players because they all almost broke some part of their body in the last few games. I bet we could get a few centers.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Message to Danny:
    Hurry and trade Ray now.  Do it before it's too late.  He almost broke his foot last night and it could happen again, and he would not be worth anything to get for.  Get someone like Al Jefferson.
    Posted by sk8brd

Utah would never go for this trade straight up.  Allen is 36 and Jefferson is 27.  You would have to throw in draft choice(s).  Allen does have an expiring contract after this year and that might reduce Utah's salary cap. But I am not a Salary Capologist.
         Also, the smart athletes do strengthening and stretching exercizes in advance so that a sprain, hopefully, will only turn out to be a twist or tweak that can be shaken off.  Even now, RA's twist of his ankle could have weakened his ankle a bit, so he has to go back and do the aforementioned exercizes to get the ankle back to top shape and so he is not prone to really spraining it.  Also, its important to not vigorouisly exercize if there is swelling as that could produce tendonitis.  Maybe, do gentle exercize that does not aggravate the situation if there is swelling.  That is why it is important to consult a good doctor.  I am not a doctor, but I have a degree in Biology and have raced long distant runs in the past.  I know a tiny bit about injuries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Danny if you don't have the guts after the Perk trade, to try again, you better get a big or two or we will be holding practice at the HOSPITAL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What makes people think that teams want to trade younger big guys for smaller older guys?   Amazing.   6'4 guards are more available than 6'10" guys that can score inside on just about anybody.

That's why LA is having a hard time deciding to trade Gasol, Utah doesn't want to unload Jefferson, Magic don't want to unload Howard, NO wants more value for Kaman, etc.   Big men who are good are NOT easy to come by as the Celtics are finding out.   No team is going to give you a quality young big man for a shooting guard straight up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Danny:
    What makes people think that teams want to trade younger big guys for smaller older guys?   Amazing.   6'4 guards are more available than 6'10" guys that can score inside on just about anybody. That's why LA is having a hard time deciding to trade Gasol, Utah doesn't want to unload Jefferson, Magic don't want to unload Howard, NO wants more value for Kaman, etc.   Big men who are good are NOT easy to come by as the Celtics are finding out.   No team is going to give you a quality young big man for a shooting guard straight up.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

They would do so only if they couldn't afford the player's salary and I don't think Utah can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Lakers want a point guard for Gasol. The Celtics want a big man. The Wizards want cap space and draft picks to rebuild. I propose the following:

To Boston: Pau Gasol, Javale McGee, Andray Blatche.
    To Los Angeles: John Wall, Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels.
    To Washington: Jermaine O'Neal, Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox, Keyon Dooling, both Celtics 2012 1st round picks and both Lakers 2012 1st round draft picks.

This trade works according to Real GM.

The Celtics immediately become title contenders with a C/PF big man rotation of Gasol, McGee, Garnett, and Blatche.

The Lakers add a young promising point guard, averaging 17.3ppg/7.8apg, in John Wall, avoid the hefty luxury tax hit they desperately want to eschew, and improve their SG depth with Ray Allen.

The Wizards rid themselves of Andray Blatche, replace him with Brandon Bass, and pick up four first round picks, to go along with their own probable top 3 pick, in what is supposed to be the deepest draft in years.

Post-trade Celtics:

C Gasol
    PF Garnett
    SF Pierce
    PG Rondo
    SG Pietrus

C McGee
    PF Blatche
    SF Pavlovic
    PG Bradley
    SG Moore

C Stiemsma
    PF Johnson

I think the Celtics and Lakers would both make this deal. I'm somewhat less certain about the Wizards. They might insist on swapping Rashard Lewis for Kevin Garnett, which I'd try to avoid, or picking up Avery Bradley and JaJuan Johnson (fine).

Sections
Shortcuts