methinks we are playing the SIXERS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

methinks we are playing the SIXERS!

WAS going to post this earlier but just like the bulls i have lost my prediction swag lately strictly with the nba. come on, memphis! but SERIOUSLY the bulls are done, put a fork in them.. sixers have all the swag and confidence. they dont expect to lose. bulls without noah are far worse than without rose. its like us without pp. he's their fearless heart and soul in a different kind of way. we could win without kg, rondo and ray. take out pp and games wont even be close. we become an instant LOTTERY team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: methinks we are playing the SIXERS!

Methinks we're still playing the Hawks. Two comeback attempts, one successful, and an OT win while also losing AB don't have me quite at the point of feeling secure in a round 1 victory. I do agree that the Sixers look like the team that will probably come out of their series however.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yeah let's take care of business with the Hawks first.  We have not even had a full team effort yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

methrinks your predictions are always wrong and your poll threads always obnoxious

The Celts and Sixers deserve each other. Boston can barely beat a Hawks team missing Smith and Horford, 2 of their 3 best players, and the Sixers can barely beat a Bulls team missing Rose and Noah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The benefit of playing the 6xers is we would have home court advantage but the Bulls w/o Rose & Noah would not challenge us, I think !!!

But above posters are correct...let's beat the Hawks & no 11 pt lead blown in 4th QTR. I want any kind of a victory but a 10-15 point thrashing might take the heart out of them going back to Atlanta.

Need the Celtics to bring some respect back to Boston after Pats, Bruins & pathetic Sox. I lost my Official Sox Batting Cap by the swimming pool at our tennis club &   a week later it was there...no one wanted to steal it !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Don't be over confident! Celtics must get past the Hawks first. So far, the wins have been ugly and unconvincing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: methinks we are playing the SIXERS!:
    [QUOTE]Don't be over confident! Celtics must get past the Hawks first. So far, the wins have been ugly and unconvincing.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]YOU expect easy wins, these teams all have pride even the knicks.. if we lost both kg and pp, you think we would get blown out by any body? they will still win by attrition but we will fight. ignore the scores. frankly i would prefer to play the sixers than the bulls anyday. you have too many intangibles with the bulls. we match up better with sixers. teams like the celts will get better as the competition revs up barring injury.. remember 2008?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Don't be over confident! Celtics must get past the Hawks first. So far, the wins have been ugly and unconvincing.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

If the Celtics are successful this year they are going to be ugly and unconvincing while doing so.

But yeah, obviously what looked like a second round defeat for the Celtics now looks lke a series they could win with relative ease.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

First things first.
    We still need another win against Atlanta

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]First things first. We still need another win against Atlanta
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

It's still fun to talk hoops.  I for one am not saying that Atlanta is a lock, but the possibility of a second round series against the sixers?  Who would have thought it?

No one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]methrinks your predictions are always wrong and your poll threads always obnoxious The Celts and Sixers deserve each other. Boston can barely beat a Hawks team missing Smith and Horford, 2 of their 3 best players, and the Sixers can barely beat a Bulls team missing Rose and Noah
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

And Boston was missing Rondo for one game and Allen for two games.

So therefore, Boston didnt barely beat Atlanta.  They demolished them last nite with a full team.

But every team have their own injuries.  Cant just make an excuse for anyone!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the nba is already gearing up to market the series between the 6rs and the celtics.  Get ready to see some old footage of my jr high school nightmare, andrew toney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

In Response to methinks we are playing the SIXERS!:
    [QUOTE]WAS going to post this earlier but just like the bulls i have lost my prediction swag lately strictly with the nba. come on, memphis! but SERIOUSLY the bulls are done, put a fork in them.. sixers have all the swag and confidence. they dont expect to lose. bulls without noah are far worse than without rose. its like us without pp. he's their fearless heart and soul in a different kind of way. we could win without kg, rondo and ray. take out pp and games wont even be close. we become an instant LOTTERY team.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

If Miami, Indana, Boston, and Philly all move on to the next round, don't we play Indiana next?

1 seed vs 8 seed, and the 3 seed vs the 4 seed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to methinks we are playing the SIXERS! : If Miami, Indana, Boston, and Philly all move on to the next round, don't we play Indiana next? 1 seed vs 8 seed, and the 3 seed vs the 4 seed.
    Posted by WhataMaroon[/QUOTE]

Sorry ... 2 seed vs 8 seed, and the 3 seed vs the 8 seed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: methinks we are playing the SIXERS! : Sorry ... 2 seed vs 8 seed, and the 3 seed vs the 8 seed.
    Posted by WhataMaroon[/QUOTE]

Hey Bugs - you are saying the same thing twice here!!

We play the winner of the CHI PHI series......period!!
    MIA plays the winner of the IND ORL series...period!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I think the nba is already gearing up to market the series between the 6rs and the celtics.  Get ready to see some old footage of my jr high school nightmare, andrew toney.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Toney was nasty...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to methinks we are playing the SIXERS!:
    [QUOTE]WAS going to post this earlier but just like the bulls i have lost my prediction swag lately strictly with the nba. come on, memphis! but SERIOUSLY the bulls are done, put a fork in them.. sixers have all the swag and confidence. they dont expect to lose. bulls without noah are far worse than without rose. its like us without pp. he's their fearless heart and soul in a different kind of way. we could win without kg, rondo and ray. take out pp and games wont even be close. we become an instant LOTTERY team.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

you may be right about Noah...   but you are wrong about KG.   The Celtic win zip without KG.   period

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I am with the take care of business folks. So, stay focused on the Hawks, put them away and then think about what happens next. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I am with the take care of business folks. So, stay focused on the Hawks, put them away and then think about what happens next. 
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

That's cool dude.

I am sure the Celtics are doing that.  We are just fans.  What we think doesn't matter so we are just talking a little 76ers and Bulls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

NBA is not like MLB or NFL or NHL.  NBA is the only professional sport league that doesnt have a higher seeding team playing against the worst seeding team for the second the second round.

Boston is going to play the winner of Bulls or Sixers in the next round if Boston advance just like college basketball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

it is critical that the gods see we as a fan base are humble and without arrogance. they can be very touchy about such things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: methinks we are playing the SIXERS! : Toney was nasty...
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the microwave.  Seemed like if you put your hand up they made the shot,  if they were wide open the seems to miss more.  Unfortunately they were usually guarded and hit everything. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  i have lost my prediction swag lately strictly with the nba"

I'm not sure aboiut your non-NBA predictions but your NBA predictions have been rough for a couple years now, so if by lately you mean the last couple years, then I'd agree. 

The whole "Don't sleep on ____"  posts by you have become almost like an obituary for the team in question. 

You're a really knowledgeable sports fan, why not just have fun here and forget about trying to get people to annoint you as a prediction genius. If you could beat the spread you wouldn't be wasting time posting here, and neither would I.

I'm still thinking about the Hawks but yeah, things don't look good for the Bulls. But hey, your Knicks won a game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Don't sleep on memphis

Sections
Shortcuts