Metta Pinhead gets seven games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games:
    In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : By your own words, if the guy is nutz, a short leash  or diminshed aggressiveness are hardly deterents. Artest just cant control himself in a hyped up situation. So he can be an angel until the trigger is pulled. Then risk of longer suspensions arent even an issue. I dont give him credit for keeping his nose clean of late. What, because he acted like a sane human being for a while he should get a parade?  He should have rec'd the boot from the playoffs and maybe from the NBA as well. How many chances does he get? Is Stern waiting for someone to get seriously injured or killed before he puts on his sad act of how regrettful he is for not dealing with Artest  more severely?
    Posted by Karllost

I suppose if Harden had died from the shot to the head Ron Ron would have gotten ten games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Marc Gold's "Competence-deviance" theory certainly applies to MWP. Google it. In short, the more competent you are, the more deviance  will be tolerated in you by others... no matter the profession. This applies to MWP as well as to any other world-class, outrageously talented athlete or professional leader. If MWP was grappling with his demons  down in a church league, he would have been banned a long time ago. He is a highly paid individual working for a highly successful franchise inside a very high $$$ league and as such will be tolerated much like the world class heart surgeon whose personal dalliances/demons are overlooked because he brings lots of money/prestige to the teaching hospital that employs him. That's the way the world works. Look at the deviant crap we tolerate from our religious leaders, movie stars and politicians. If you are good enough, you can get away with most anything. If you are only mediocre... look out. You will be treated rudely to say the least... for doing the exact same things. Money talks. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Outstanding observation and I agree 100%.  However, I wasnt discussing how the world works, was more about whats right and wrong imo.

Remember, most deviant behavior by these highly paid, powerful people are perpetrated on the "lesser" people...the housemaid, the little boy wandering the street, the call girl etc...

The distinction is MWP is perpetrating his deviant behavior on equally status players in the NBA. Where owners, agents and other players risk losing their $$$ and careers, maybe even their health and lives because of this maniac.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : It is highly questionable whether Harden "invaded" Artest's space.  One might argue he was already in the lane, and heading for the inbounds pass.  Regardless, this is basketball, and one is not allowed to hit first because someone is "in their space".  That is the job of the defender, to get in your space.  It is NOT okay to elbow someone (not knowing who they are) because you may or may not feel threatned!  He is a repeat offender and got off easy!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Look, how many times do you need to hear that Harden got up in MWP's grill?  It doesn't take a genius to see this.  Harden shuffled his feet several times to get position.  Harden was suppose to be on OFFENSE!  I do agree that MWP was wrong for leveling him, but I think he learned his lesson about jumping in other players grill to disrupt them.  It would be a different story if Harden was setting up to take a charge, but that was not the case. Bottom line is this will hurt Lakers depth in the opening playoff series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Look, how many times do you need to hear that Harden got up in MWP's grill?  It doesn't take a genius to see this.  Harden shuffled his feet several times to get position.  Harden was suppose to be on OFFENSE!  I do agree that MWP was wrong for leveling him, but I think he learned his lesson about jumping in other players grill to disrupt them.  It would be a different story if Harden was setting up to take a charge, but that was not the case. Bottom line is this will hurt Lakers depth in the opening playoff series.
    Posted by kobedaman

Grill means FACE, doesn't it??  Hard to be in someone's face from the side!!  And as far as "hurting their depth?"  Whose fault is that, Harden's??
    You people crack me up - I SAW the video - it was uncalled for - this is not boxing where you are supposed to hit the guy, this is basketball!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

It doesn't matter what is actually posted here since it's to be expected that Boston fans want to blow the incident way out of proportion. Let me remind you that B-ball is a physical sport. You get in a guys space there is bound to be contact.

Metta has a history. Harden was trying to prove his manhood and got clobbered for his effort to interfere with Artest's celebration, a person of past physical altercations. Harden is saying that he's fine, he wants to play. Lets move on.

7-game suspension is enough based on past laid out by the league. People want to ignor the fact that Metta was contrite after the incident, apologized. And Stern has a record of what Metta has done since the Palace fiasco.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It doesn't matter what is posted here since it is expected that lakers fans would minimize such a violent incident by a repeat offender with clear anger issues.  Stern, I'm sure, has an accordian folder full of Artest's apologies.
    Basketball is a contact sport, but you are not supposed to wind up and swing your elbows FIRST.................in addition, the ball was dead after the dunk......how can what Artest did be justified?  I, too, am willing to move on, he GOT 7 games.  Whether we think that's enough, too much, or not enough is moot.  I agree it's time to play basketball.............but what he did was clearly not a basketball related move!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Boston fans are going to blow this out of proportion? What about the sports writers in LA saying that 7 games was extremely light for a thug with his history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

This is such old news. Everyone has their own opinion and that is fine. As the die hard Celtic fan that I am, I had wished  for a longer suspension, but it was decided by the commisioner to be 7 games, so accept it and move on. Arguing about it or not agreeing means nothing now.

Go Celtics!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

This is such old news. Everyone has their own opinion and that is fine. As the die hard Celtic fan that I am, I had wished  for a longer suspension, but it was decided by the commisioner to be 7 games, so accept it and move on. Arguing about it or not agreeing means nothing now. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Meant nothing before, either!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Meant nothing before, either!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Whoa! I am pretty sure that you just made a valid point. Congrats my friend! Congrats!!

Go Celtics!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Whoa! I am pretty sure that you just made a valid point. Congrats my friend! Congrats!! Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Still waiting patiently for your first!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Still waiting patiently for your first!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Please refrain from the cyber-stalking. Thanks my friend.

Go Celtics!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Please refrain from the cyber-stalking. Thanks my friend. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle
    !!

This thread was dormant (ah, that means unsused, son) for two days, until YOU decided to ramdomly respond to me..................let it go.....you cannot best me on basketball or English...........let it go!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Give me a freaken break with this Harden got in his way crap. That's like saying Holyfield was at fault because he shouldn't have put his ears near Tyson's mouth. Anyone defending this nut is just as mental as Ron Artest.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

+3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

Total dirtbag should have been banned from the NBA for life af this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W87VNSPe08E

He should be called Metta World War.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Dirtiest players?  How about those who make every attempt to hurt and injure people, just within the last year: Bryant, Fisher, Bynum, and Odum. Hard fouls, unintentional contact and the like are not equal to the dangerous mayhem these dopes cause.  They don't push with their hands or try to establish position by getting around someone, they just whack and elbow (and knee) and then look sooo innocent when they get tossed, as if they have no body control whatsoever.  How many times has the rapist hit defenders after the shot is long gone? 

Sections
Shortcuts