Metta Pinhead gets seven games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games

In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games:
    [QUOTE]Very lenient.......I thought 10, but just so Mark is very clear, I said 5-10!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Please son!  An hour or two before the suspension came down you said MWP would be suspended for the whole entire playoffs!  Surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Please son!  An hour or two before the suspension came down you said MWP would be suspended for the whole entire playoffs! 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

NOPE - said a guy on the radio, who claimed he had inside info - a Mr. Penn (?), I believe said that - I was just reporting what he said.  I said 5-10 games - and everyone on this board knows it!!

Now, go back to class, son!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]I think it should have been indefinite until they were sure Harden can play again. Then I would say it should be 5-10 games at the minimum. The problem with concussions is he could be ok and then have a relapse. I think you can't compare Metta to the others suspensions because he has such a history of physical play and altercations. I think 7 is a little lite but can live with it. I hop Lakers get eliminated in 4-5 games and it carries over to next year.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]
    While you're so wrapped up with the Lakers play, you better worry about your own team the Celtics as they may not get out of the first round!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : While you're so wrapped up with the Lakers play, you better worry about your own team the Celtics as they may not get out of the first round!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Spin away, son.  MY team won't win this year - this is about Artest- and I was right - deal with it!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Red's next prediction is that the Celtics will either beat or lose to Atlanta in 4-7 games...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Red's next prediction is that the Celtics will either beat or lose to Atlanta in 4-7 games...
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

BOS in 6!
    Wrong again, weasel!!

For once, just admit either I was right, or you were wrong.  There are about 8 other posters on here who know I was right - you are not an honorable person!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Metta Pinhead gets seven games:
    [QUOTE]Lenient in my opinion, the hope is part of that suspension gets served in the first game of the regular season next year.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree he got off way too easily.  It should have been for the rest of this year and the first 10 games of next year.

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mark is completely wrong

Red put his over/under 7.5 games with the 5-10 prediction and it was 7, he came VERY close

Mark put his over/under at 4 with his 3-5 prediction and it was 7, he was kinda close, but 3 games off is bigger than .5 games off

End of story

My goodness you are like grade school kids the way you bicker over the obvious... Laker fans all went a lil too low on what it would be in a delusional self-denial type way, and Celtics fans all went a lil too high in a giddy cross our fingers type way.

10 would have been the best punishment IMO, the crime was TWICE as bad as Bynum (who should have gotten 10) but at least it wasn't 3-5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Due to Red's 6 game window he was correct at 7.
    I was wrong.
    Next time I will greatly over-estimate in my range for predictions.

MWP should have received 5 games but 7 is reasonable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Mark is completely wrong Red put his over/under 7.5 games with the 5-10 prediction and it was 7, he came VERY close Mark put his over/under at 4 with his 3-5 prediction and it was 7, he was kinda close, but 3 games off is bigger than .5 games off End of story My goodness you are like grade school kids the way you bicker over the obvious... Laker fans all went a lil too low on what it would be in a delusional self-denial type way, and Celtics fans all went a lil too high in a giddy cross our fingers type way. 10 would have been the best punishment IMO, the crime was TWICE as bad as Bynum (who should have gotten 10) but at least it wasn't 3-5
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I agree - it is tough, though.........as Khan said in Star Trek 2 - The Wrath of Khan - "he tasks me, and I shall have him."
    Can't stand a "man" who can't admit when he's wrong. 
    It's over now, as far as I'm concerned, and I do think he got off easy.....I thought it would be 10 with his history!  If DEN can't beat the lakers, then I'm rooting for LAL to sweep DEN, so Artest will be out the first two games vs OKC!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Hurts the Lakers but would have hurt them more had they ended up playing Memphis. Artest should have got ten games to reinforce the point, who knows how long Harden will be hurt.  If Kobe defers to Bynum the Lakes could absolutely come out of the west, in fact I see them as the most likely to do so as much as it pains me to say it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Very classy post my friend, very classy!  I wish I could see our beloved Celtics getting past the second round, but I just can't.

And hear hear on the suspension. 7 games sounds fair, although, if this had happened back in the 80's, it would have been a technical foul, no ejection, and no thought of suspension.

Go Celtics!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Red's next prediction is that the Celtics will either beat or lose to Atlanta in 4-7 games...

+2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Very classy post my friend, very classy!  I wish I could see our beloved Celtics getting past the second round, but I just can't. And hear hear on the suspension. 7 games sounds fair, although, if this had happened back in the 80's, it would have been a technical foul, no ejection, and no thought of suspension. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Here is a news flash for you  - IT IS NOT THE 80'S!!!!!!
    Welcome to the wussified NBA - and it wasn't enough - 10 would have been good!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Here is a news flash for you  - IT IS NOT THE 80'S!!!!!! Welcome to the wussified NBA - and it wasn't enough - 10 would have been good!!

Thank God is not the 80's my friend, otherwise those Showtime Lakers would still be together. 

Go C's!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Due to Red's 6 game window he was correct at 7. I was wrong. Next time I will greatly over-estimate in my range for predictions. MWP should have received 5 games but 7 is reasonable.

I'm sure Stern polled all lakers fans when he decided!!  7 is not enough!!
    I now want the lakers to either lose to DEN or sweep them, so Artest is out 2 games, and you go back to LA, down 2-0!!

LOL at "greatly overestimate." - funny guy!!!
    Bynum got 5 - he is the standard - Artest is a repeat offender, so double it - very simple math - 5-10 games!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : I'm sure Stern polled all lakers fans when he decided!!  7 is not enough!! I now want the lakers to either lose to DEN or sweep them, so Artest is out 2 games, and you go back to LA, down 2-0!! LOL at "greatly overestimate." - funny guy!!! Bynum got 5 - he is the standard - Artest is a repeat offender, so double it - very simple math - 5-10 games!!

7 is not enough?
    I guess it is.
    Mr. Stern said 7 is enough.
    It will be a nice break for MWP to get ready to battle Durant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

OMG - you said, "he should have gotten 5."

So...I'm not allowed to say "7 is not enough?"  MANY other posters on here agree with me.  It IS 7 because he GOT 7...............he just got off easy, IMO!!!

You are one narcissistic dude, you know that??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Hurts the Lakers but would have hurt them more had they ended up playing Memphis. Artest should have got ten games to reinforce the point, who knows how long Harden will be hurt.  If Kobe defers to Bynum the Lakes could absolutely come out of the west, in fact I see them as the most likely to do so as much as it pains me to say it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

At the time that game vs. OKC was extremely important as the Clippers were one game behind for 3rd spot. As it turns out Clippers lost their game but maybe too unmotivated after Lakers won.

Don't think LA will have much trouble with the Nuggets but had they faced Memphis, who match up with them, they might not have made it out of the first round ! It has been mentioned that it will be ironic if LA plays OKC & Harden is out yet Artest is back to injure another, perhaps. How many times does a pyscho, rapist, child molester, thief etc. get released from jail and commit the crime again !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : Red-Russ thinks he is the commissioner. Hahahahahaha

Lucky thing for you, otherwise Gasol would be on  the Bulls!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : He's just the Forum Bully.

I prefer the title - "Accountability Chief"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : I think Love's 2 game suspension was enough, he's not a recidivist. But i really don't understand why Wade and some other thugs always get away with this kind of thing. I mean Wade broke Kobe's nose (ok, unintentionally), against the Bulls he hit Rip Hamilton...
    Posted by Fields4[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you're writing, especially about Wade.  His actions on the national stage - last year's playoffs - against the Celtics and against the Mavs were an obvious display of intentional harm (I don't think he was trying to hurt Rondo, only mete out his usual message that he's somehow special) and mayhem.  According to Wade, he cannot be picked off a play, legally, by the rules, and should not be penalized for grabbing, pulling other players to the floor, or surreptitious forearms to the back, supposedly not to be seen by the officials.  Why someone of his talent level needs to act this way is mysterious.  And tht doesn't include his extreme flopping. I was surprised that he didn't try to hurt Bradley after "the block".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

LA Times' Bill Plaschke: Lakers lucky, suspension should have been at least twice as long. http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-world-peace-20120425,0,3528517.column Sane lakers fans think appropriate suspension should be 10-15 games General NBA fans think the same or a little more Trolls on this board think 5 is excessive for this "accident" that Harden caused

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : +2

troll exposed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : -200 troll exposed
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Dont be like Red-Russ my friend. Just because you have differing opinions with someone does not make them your enemy. Try and be a bit more mature and as always, stay classy.

Go Green!

Go Celtics!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metta Pinhead gets seven games : minus infinity epic fail coward and front runner exposed!!

If I were a front runner, I am pretty sure that the Celtics would not be my team of choice. Please at least use common sense when name calling my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts