Miami and Chicago

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Re: Miami and Chicago

The more dangerous team against the Celtics are those low seeded teams and not the elites like the Bulls, Magic, and Heat.

If the Celts and Hawks happen to meet in eastern finals, that will be a great shocker series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I was never scared and def. not now.  Chicago's problem is they only have one closer and you can take the ball out his hands.   The Celtics have 3.

now, the Heat have 3 too, the difference is their team defense is nowhere close to ours when we are clicking.  They are not disciplined, and you heard it from me...Ray Allen will expose Wade...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

What I'm seeing from chicago is that they relied on youth and athleticism to get easy baskets in transition and rack up wins in the late regular season from teams that were tired/older.

In the playoffs, they seem to be struggling to make outside shots.  I wouldn't be surprised to see rondo back off and dare rose to shoot threes.  I don't think boozer can score against a rested KG.  The only guy that worries me who can open things up is deng.

Miami worries me because they go to the hole and I'm afraid they'll get a lot of calls.  Hopefully Stern will decide to stem the tide of superstars going together, and won't instruct the officals to give them all the breaks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

The biggest problem for Miami is beating the Celtics will just require too much work.  Wade has so many miles on his body that he might as well be 35.  Lebron just wants it handed to him, hence the move to Miami.  Bosh, we'll see if he has it in his heart.

Chicago has one thing that no one has mentioned - Tom Thibodeau.  He represents a toughness that is like the Celtics.  To me this is the NBA Finals.  In my opinion, the reason the Bulls will fail is that they have not yet paid their dues, sort of like the last year the Celtics beat the Pistons before they emerged as the best team.

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Thibs is a great defensive coach, but I'm starting to wonder if he is up to the offensive task in his first year. I always figured they were two sides of the same coin, but now I'm starting to think it takes a different skill set.  I'm not seeing a lot of proper offensive adjustment from the bulls.  It seems thibs is just praying for a couple outside shots to drop every game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

miami is going to waste the 6ers on wednesday...big 3 will probably get to rest most of the game

then its the series we all wanted

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami and Chicago:
    [QUOTE]^^ is this the bandwagon "JimmyJacK" from the Pats board as a Dolphins fan who disappeared?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    is there really such a thing as a bandwagon dolphins fan? seems to me, i have little choice other than to grin and bear it

i heard the league was talking replacement players...as a dolphins fan, i couldnt be happier...might be our only chance to win anything!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Thibs is a great defensive coach, but I'm starting to wonder if he is up to the offensive task in his first year. I always figured they were two sides of the same coin, but now I'm starting to think it takes a different skill set.  I'm not seeing a lot of proper offensive adjustment from the bulls.  It seems thibs is just praying for a couple outside shots to drop every game.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should make "deals" with his players like Spolestra does........"play D and I'll let you ad lib on offense..."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

with shaq we sweep the heat

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]with shaq we sweep the heat
    Posted by caesarthecat[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with that one...I will add to that, that without Shaq and C's bench playing like they did yesterday, Boston should win as well without problems..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]miami is going to waste the 6ers on wednesday...big 3 will probably get to rest most of the game then its the series we all wanted

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

The series US fans wanted...is not the series Lebron wanted, you can go and ask him, he will agree on that one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

on shaq i don't understand...

i think the guy knows better than anyone else that he must contribute to win its 5th title, he knows without him is much tougher and unsure
    so he should be doing his best to recover, is he doing so in your opinions ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

With Orlando basically out of the way there is no team left in the East that can take advantage of Boston's weakness in the middle. The only thing that can keep Boston from reaching the Finals is Doc's refusal to make a change in the use of the bench. The guys that he uses, West, Big Baby, Krstic, and Green, are incapable of creating their own shots. That is why they give up so many leads. I really hope that Doc starts using Wafer and Sasha, maybe even Arroyo. Those three would make Boston's bench much more productive. If the bench doesn't become more productive I am not so sure that Boston can get past Thib's Bulls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

What weakness inside??

I think the bench is coming around nicely.  The knicks bench was more motivated as being castoffs from denver, but the Heat have an old bench , and I suspect after a week of more practice the bench will continue to improve.

I agree about Orlando....The hawks are a team I dont wanna see with Crawford there...but I disagree what their is some glaring weakness inside,...unless you mean offensively and to that i say...I could care less if the points come from inside or out...as long as they come...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i agree

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]on shaq i don't understand... i think the guy knows better than anyone else that he must contribute to win its 5th title, he knows without him is much tougher and unsure so he should be doing his best to recover, is he doing so in your opinions ?
    Posted by caesarthecat[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that anyone knows the status of Shaq.   If he is able to play for a few minutes a game during the next series, I am sure that he will.    If he is out for the remainder of the season,  this will probably be the end of Shaq's professional NBA career. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]miami is going to waste the 6ers on wednesday...big 3 will probably get to rest most of the game then its the series we all wanted

Thought I'd bring this up for our resident "expert" on basketball.  "Waste" huh - I guess we have a little different def of that word!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I really think we can handle Miami. We will soon see.

It's the Bulls who scare me more than any other team, including the Lakers. It's their youth. When they get going, they really make our guys look old. Bad matchups for us.

Now none of them are the players that Ray, KG, and Pierce, were at one time. None of them will ever be. But right now??? they are a tick quicker in all departments, especially to the ball, and that spells trouble.

Add a coach that knows us.... I just wish somebody could knock them off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami and Chicago : Thought I'd bring this up for our resident "expert" on basketball.  "Waste" huh - I guess we have a little different def of that word!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    and remember when you said miami wouldnt beat the c's this year...and remember when you said you would have home court over us...

or are you too old to remember such things?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami and Chicago : and remember when you said miami wouldnt beat the c's this year...and remember when you said you would have home court over us... or are you too old to remember such things?

Yep, I do.  And I was wrong about that.  Wishful thinking on my part, although you must admit, YOU never thought it would be 3 out of 4.  I seem to recall you announcing a 12 point win on opening night..................and then hiding for two weeks after that.  Not too old, just too old school, and I expect a MAN to own up and show up when he is wrong.  But I know that is asking WAY too much from you - and now everyone on the Board feels the same way!!

Sections
Shortcuts