Miami Big 4? LAME.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Miami Big 4? LAME.

If LeBron lets Melo join the Heat, given he doesn't leave Miami, then he will be looked at as nothing better than a good cop out champion, if he doesn't look bad enough already. This would be pathetic if it happens.

While part of me believes Melo will ruin their chemistry down there because of his style, the other part thinks he could click with LBJ and be dominant.

SUCH A COP OUT IF THIS HAPPENS.

Lebron will never be considered a Top 5 great if this happens, sorry.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Miami Big 4? LAME.

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo to the Heat is highly unlikely because of salary cap rules.

Just like the Celts ending up with Greg Monroe.

[/QUOTE]

Bosh, James, and Wade can all opt out on July 1 - making them free agents.  Heat could then sign Melo and then sign James, Wade, and Bosh.  15 mill apiece?  Could happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone think LeBron could go to the Knicks?????

IF they could move Bargnani, and stretch Amare.........

Just a thought!

I still say, for the record, that Bosh will leave.....Bosh on The Bulls or the Hornets would be scary.  He'd be nice on ATL, too, but a little redundant with Millsap and Horford.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I think the outcome of the SA Miami series should teach these recruiting stars a lesson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the outcome of the SA Miami series should teach these recruiting stars a lesson.

[/QUOTE]

Why would it? The Heat made it to 4 straight Finals and won 2. That's going to ENCOURAGE this crap not stop it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would it? The Heat made it to 4 straight Finals and won 2. That's going to ENCOURAGE this crap not stop it

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

won 2 but did not meet their expectations! Remember the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8?  for their posey, winning only 2 at the expense of years of being compared & criticized by not only fans but bball greats...I dont know, but to me it clearly sends a message.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]
    won 2 but did not meet their expectations! Remember the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8?  for their posey, winning only 2 at the expense of years of being compared & criticized by not only fans but bball greats...I dont know, but to me it clearly sends a message.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah because their expectations were so dumb and that whole party was dumb.

You're trying to tell me if the Celtics got a Big 3 of Superstars and made 4 Finals and Won 2 you wouldn't like it?

Whoever makes the next big 3 wont be dumb enough to say not 1 not 2... etc. they'll just go and ball.

The big 3 superstar era may just be starting

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rumor has it that the team cap for 2014-15' is going to be higher than the previously anticipated $63MM ... if so, that could change a whole lot of thinking ... Bayless, Bradley, Fav, Hump or cap space for a max signing?

Put us at $54MM with the two draft picks included sans the four mentioned above including Pressey and Johnson ... that leaves $9MM to get to $63MM but what if the team cap turns out to be $66MM? Then we have $12MM in cap space plus the exceptions for additional signings.

Letting Hump & Bradley walk for nothing hurts but if it means signing a significant piece it might be worth it. That said, I still think the C's will be an over the cap team again this season as Danny most likely uses the TPE asap to add Asik for a future draft pick (2nd rd) with Houston desperate to create cap space for a FA signing themselves.

Rondo haters can get on board with a second trade to Houston getting Lin, Parsons & Montiejunas in return for RR.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for remembering us M8! We "Wee Devilman PG" haters need a shout out every once in a while...Your proposed trade would bring smiles to all of us!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a thought!

I still say, for the record, that Bosh will leave.....Bosh on The Bulls or the Hornets would be scary.  He'd be nice on ATL, too, but a little redundant with Millsap and Horford.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Bob Neumier mentioned this last night, then said it would also make sense for Rondo to join his buddy Melo in NYC the year after giving the Knicks their "big three". I'd be fine with that as long as we get rid of Wee Devilman PG...that team would not win anything because of Melo's incessant ball hogging. 

DO IT KNICKS...I DARE YOU!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just a thought!

[/QUOTE]

Bob Neumier mentioned this last night, then said it would also make sense for Rondo to join his buddy Melo in NYC the year after giving the Knicks their "big three". I'd be fine with that as long as we get rid of Wee Devilman PG...that team would not win anything because of Melo's incessant ball hogging. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I live in CA, so I came up with it independently.......lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just a thought!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I live in CA, so I came up with it independently.......lol!

[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

O.K., so they take 12 million per.  You think Wade's going to pull in big bucks in free agency?  Nope.  LeBron makes more money in endorsements then anything else.  Also, the NBA is not a hard cap.  They can spend close to 60 million on four guys and still sign someone to a mid-level and veteran minimum contracts.

Bosh, James, and Wade can all opt out on July 1 - making them free agents.  Heat could then sign Melo and then sign James, Wade, and Bosh.  15 mill apiece?  Could happen.

[/QUOTE]

15m x 4 = 60m.

The salary cap for next season is around 63m.

Good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15m x 4 = 60m.

The salary cap for next season is around 63m.

Good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

The NBA is not a hard cap.  Miami owns James, Wade, and Bosh's Bird rights, so it could easily happen.  You don't understand that?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Conspiracy theory: is the league sending the Heat a message, by officiating the last two finals games fairly? 

Message: don't even think about adding another all star player! The Most recent CBA was constructed to bring about parity in league! If you do this the leagues love affair with Lebron and your team is OVER!!!

The officiating has been different (pleasantly so) the last two games!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Conspiracy theory: is the league sending the Heat a message, by officiating the last to finals games fairly? 

Message: don't even think about adding another all star player! The Most recent CBA was constructed to bring about parity in league! If you do this the leagues love affair with Lebron and your team is OVER!!!

The conspiracy theory is that Vegas had the Spurs as favorites in this series even though the Heat were two time defending champions... and now they're calling the games fairly instead of letting LeBron just run people over and/or travel.

I posted earlier in a thread regarding Love coming to Boston, joining Rondo would making them contenders in the East if rules were called fairly and impartially, that the team with the 6 best players should win a seven game series every time and it's true.  

The notion that three All Stars is a magical number for championships is silly, the Spurs are the better team, they have so much more depth than everyone else it's scary.  Pop is the man.  I wish the NBA would go back to calling games fairly and remove "star" calls and home court advantage, the game is much more enjoyable that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

Conspiracy theory: is the league sending the Heat a message, by officiating the last to finals games fairly? 

[/QUOTE]

Parity in sports is overrated.  I like super teams.  Super teams motivate other GM's to make big moves.  Super teams trigger arms races.  Who wants parity?  I don't.  I don't want the NBA to become like MLB where every team hovers slightly around .500 and has no identity.  The NBA championship is the only one with real clout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Parity in sports is overrated.  I like super teams.  Super teams motivate other GM's to make big moves.  Super teams trigger arms races.  Who wants parity?  I don't.  I don't want the NBA to become like MLB where every team hovers slightly around .500 and has no identity.  The NBA championship is the only one with real clout.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, too bad those super teams like the Cowboys, Celtics, Yankees (lol) are no longer. I really do agree with you, enjoyed it much better.

Leagues want parity because so many more teams will be in the hunt for the playoffs & championships = more attendance, interest and $$ for the franchises.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, too bad those super teams like the Cowboys, Celtics, Yankees (lol) are no longer. I really do agree with you, enjoyed it much better.

Leagues want parity because so many more teams will be in the hunt for the playoffs & championships = more attendance, interest and $$ for the franchises.

[/QUOTE]

Parity ='s bigger TV contracts which the owners divvy up....when more team's fan bases have an interest in the outcome of games, the TV advertising jumps for the network's and their affiliates....that's why the NBA and all pro sports leagues want parity so their advertising revenue goes up across the board...the higher the ratings, the more it costs an advertiser trying to buy commercial time on the air, both locally and nationally...it's always and only all about the $$$$$$$.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there will never be parity in the NBA because the talent base is so small.  Think about it.  What percentage of the population is 6'10?  Pretty small, right?  Now, how many of those people are world class athletes?  Smaller still.  How many of those are world class basketball players?  Even smaller.  Parity in basketball is not an economic issue like in MLB; it's a talent issue - there's not enough to go around.