Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

It has become an ugly part of the game and the league needs to step in and outline what can and cannot be done.

As we saw w/ the egregious call on Pierce last time we played the Heat, when LBJ sent him flying with a shoulder/forearm shiv... and they said 'blocking foul'... this black eye on the sport has to stop.

You cannot let 265lb players get running starts and throw their bodies into others and somehow call the man whose body was sacrificed and thrown aside for a foul b/c their feet may not have been perfectly set or they made some minimal reactionary contact with the freight train that hit them.

Disgusting

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

Thanks for the update.  I don't get NBA tv.  Never liked the favoritism officials show to start or teams for that matter.  But it's "entertainment" and the bottom line embraces "star appeal".  How do you get around that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

I meant to type stars instead of start.  Sorry.  I've had a looong day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think that they should call the games fairly... I don't want to 'explain' why Kobe deserved to be paraded to the line in the 4th quarter when he was either not touched at all or barely grazed, b/c he is a 'star'??... I don't want to have to 'explain' why a defender took a ribcage rattling blow to his solarplex and yet the man that flung his body like a weapon into him gets two FT's.

These things don't happen to the Celtics big 3, and I'd feel unhappy if they did. We have a blue collar team of old school pro's who play the game right and last year that wasn't rewarded with a fair 4th quarter game 7 and if it happens this year in the playoffs with James it will crush my spirit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    At the end of the game (6.9 sec left) James inbounds the ball to Wade, then walks off the court.  Wade hits a three with 0.8 left, but since LeBron never made it over half court the Mavs had no problem inbounding. You be the judge....
    Posted by jallen3531

Yeah that too... the guy doesn't deserve to win anything

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I wonder if they'll show that clip on SportsCenter tonite?
    Was Lebron taking his talents to the locker room?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well, if lebron can do it, i say we send davis in there and let him flatten bosh into a cheap little wimpy pancake.  320 lb vs. 230 lb, we know who will win.  labaron spends most of his time blustering over players who weigh 40 less than him anyway.  so what's 90 lb difference when we're throwing ourselves around. 

Or let shak, all 350 of him start to plow around like lebron, and just happen to send band aid wade to the ice tub for a while.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    It has become an ugly part of the game and the league needs to step in and outline what can and cannot be done. As we saw w/ the egregious call on Pierce last time we played the Heat, when LBJ sent him flying with a shoulder/forearm shiv... and they said 'blocking foul'... this black eye on the sport has to stop. You cannot let 265lb players get running starts and throw their bodies into others and somehow call the man whose body was sacrificed and thrown aside for a foul b/c their feet may not have been perfectly set or they made some minimal reactionary contact with the freight train that hit them. Disgusting
    Posted by rameakap

It is absolutely disgusting the way the league is bent upon making Lebron into an icon.  Yes, he is a very talented player.  But he is also a picturebook example of why there should be a category of flagrant charge.  He can come barreling into a player and knock the heck out of them, only to be called for a charge.  At the same time, Baby hugs a guy and gets called for a flagrant foul. This is beyond ridiculous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

What kind of dress?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I did not see the game.

Up until now the referees have been calling a cleaner game as far as Lebron and others have been concerned. It would be a real shame if they revert back to last years bad habits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    I did not see the game. Up until now the referees have been calling a cleaner game as far as Lebron and others have been concerned. It would be a real shame if they revert back to last years bad habits.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Lebron losing more, the refs calling it cleaner?

When Lebron was winning a lot of games last year the refs had bad habits?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I saw the end of the first and the entire second half. Miami is a good team, but not amongst the elite. Maybe in the future, but not this season. Dallas beat Miami on Miami's home's home court. IMO Dallas is probably the 3rd best team in the west behind the Spurs and Lakers. I love to watch a team of egomaniacs lose again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Clearly there was an attempt to give the home team a boost in the last three minutes.  It is always more blatant in Los Angeles and Miami.  They get a in house advantage in most every game.  You can say I am crazy but it is there for anyone who has eyes to see it.  Still I was very glad to see Dallas win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : It is absolutely disgusting the way the league is bent upon making Lebron into an icon.  Yes, he is a very talented player.  But he is also a picturebook example of why there should be a category of flagrant charge.  He can come barreling into a player and knock the heck out of them, only to be called for a charge.  At the same time, Baby hugs a guy and gets called for a flagrant foul. This is beyond ridiculous.
    Posted by prakash

Lately this seems to be the only part of Lebron's game lately. It is sad, he hardly works on his game probablhy because the refs fall for his antics everytime! If the game was called this way for every player the game would be unwatchable. It is ruining the game and the stars who decide they no longer need to get better and just decide to ram into players to get a foul call. This is not impressive at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

At the end of the game (6.9 sec left) James inbounds the ball to Wade, then walks off the court.  Wade hits a three with 0.8 left, but since LeBron never made it over half court the Mavs had no problem inbounding. You be the judge....
    Posted by jallen3531

LeQUIT is at it again. THat is the BIGGEST reason he is villified right there. HA!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lebron gets away with a ton.. all those charges are a disgrace. I watched him in the Knick game, in plain sight he put his forearm on someones chest (forgot who) and rammed him, sending the player flying... right in front of the ref... no call. 

A few minutes later Lebron complains to the ref about contact..

Shortly, Lebron shoves a Knick (like a person wanting to start a fight) in the post.. the Knick player bodies back for position..WHISTLE FOUL 

I really cant stand the NBA refs in general and Lebron favoritism specifically.  With so many people seeing this garbage and acknowledging it goes on... yet so many refuse to believe the NBA/refs have an agenda.  Doesnt make much sense, does it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Zero points in the first half. LOL!

Is anyone noticing that they can beat up the bad teams but when they play the upper echelon teams LeBron turns into LeFraud. Any team that has a inside presence and a PG will beat the Heat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Wonder what fans in other cities say about Pierce's shoulder shivers?  You know the one he uses every time he drives.  How do you think PP gets to the line so often every year?

The one I would love to see called the other way is the up-fake, then jump into the guy While he is in the air.  PP uses it all the time, yet was all upset the other day when it was called on him.

Check the players who take the most fouls shots every season, and you see they all get stupid calls like Lebron.  He just is more obvious with his charges.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wonder what fans in other cities say about Pierce's shoulder shivers?  You know the one he uses every time he drives.  How do you think PP gets to the line so often every year? The one I would love to see called the other way is the up-fake, then jump into the guy While he is in the air.  PP uses it all the time, yet was all upset the other day when it was called on him. Check the players who take the most fouls shots every season, and you see they all get stupid calls like Lebron.  He just is more obvious with his charges.
    Posted by CaptChris

Disagree.

PP's pump fakes then jumping into the opponent while in the air  is a TYPICAL CALL in the NBA. Almost every player gets that call, not just PP.

Nobody else in the NBA gets blocking calls for what Lebron is doing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

I've got a few years behind me and I think that referees used to manage games better. Not that they had better judgment since it is often very difficult to tell whether someone was fouled during a play. But what they used to do was put the whistle away for most of the 4th quarter. And there were few flagrant fouls called. Remember McHale on Rambis or pretty much everything done by Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer (McFilthy and McNasty).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

wow, someone needs to call the wambulance on this thread

the heat never play well against the mavs...oh well...didnt have any effect on the 06 finals did it?

LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The Heat don't play well against us, either - do they JJ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wonder what fans in other cities say about Pierce's shoulder shivers?  You know the one he uses every time he drives.  How do you think PP gets to the line so often every year? The one I would love to see called the other way is the up-fake, then jump into the guy While he is in the air.  PP uses it all the time, yet was all upset the other day when it was called on him. Check the players who take the most fouls shots every season, and you see they all get stupid calls like Lebron.  He just is more obvious with his charges.
    Posted by CaptChris

Who gets to the line all the time?  37-17 in Game 7 last year?  Guess those illegal pump fakes you speak of didn't work too well that time!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts