Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    Jimmy, i am not attacking bron personally, i know you weren't talking to me about that but i started this thread and it is about the bad way he plays the game and the refs that allow it.
    Posted by rameakap

hey, if its any consolation, the refs let garnett swing his elbows...they let ray allen get away with stuff too...and then there is give that man an oscar paul pierce...

its the way the NBA is...jordan tripped over rodman in the conference finals against the heat back in like 98...and they called a foul on ZO...what can you do?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    Heat by 10. I will remember that one. I guess I will be throwing in for the Lakers, though I am holding out that in 2-3 years LeBrawn might mature up to a 18-19 y/old's level. Until then, as always, I root against the hype-la.
    Posted by Schleprechaun

Please do remember.  Because if they lose, he will not show his face on this forum for two days.  Reason enough to root for the fakers right there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : lebron is a different kind of player than wade and pierce though lebron has the speed, athleticism, and body type to do what he does and get foul calls...the guy is a tank that moves like a gazelle...it makes calling the game at full speed very difficult for refs that usually older and not in peak shape... but more often than you would ever admit to, there is a genuine foul made...now if only lebron was a better FT shooter, he might have a ring by now...who knows but there are examples of this all around...the refs didnt really know how to call games for oscar robertson either...or chamberlin, or shaq... i feel, for the worse...refs in the NBA need to have their own flow to the game and what your complaining about is a part of that flow...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

This from the guy who claims he doesn't idoloize any pro athletes!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Please do remember.  Because if they lose, he will not show his face on this forum for two days.  Reason enough to root for the fakers right there!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

let it go man...i know you are bitter about losing various arguments with me but let it go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : This from the guy who claims he doesn't idoloize any pro athletes!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

my little cousin is a professional athlete...ive known him since the first moment he opened his eyes...and you know what? aside from the face he can throw a baseball at 95 MPH...he is just like the rest of us

just like every other athlete that does one thing better than 98% of the general population...because i can give an accurate description of lebron james' athletic feats...it doesnt mean he is my idol

as i said in another thread...alonzo mourning is an idol...but not for what he did on the court but because of his contributions off the court

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : let it go man...i know you are bitter about losing various arguments with me but let it go
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I'll let you know when you've won an argument.  Maybe sometime before the Heat beat the Celtics you can claim a victory.  Otherwise, you are still a fraud who only comes out when his team is doing well, and hides when your team loses.....................which is why you won't show your face the day after Christmas.
    And we will not "lay off " MeBron........you don't call the shots around here, and no one cares what you think anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jimmy,  please stop trying to convince us of LeBron's philanthropy.   Most of the events you allude to are ones to which he does not even show up in person unless the cameras are there.  Is he the only one?  No.  You could fill a book with athletes who've tried to look like better people than they really are.  If the new standard for rating athletes' morals is whether or not they've committed rape, then the bar is simply set too low. 

Just listen to LeBron.  Listen to his words and their context.  It's not about team with him, it's really not.  For LeBron, it's all about himself.  To his credit, he's beginning to  learn that he cannot do this alone; there have been recent press conferences wherein he's given credit to others.  But just like Kobe, LeBron will shoot an off-balance, thirty five foot shot with a man wide-open or cutting to the basket with the game on the line.  Stupid, selfish ball.  No amount of propaganda can make up for selfish play on the court.  LeBron likes to bump his coaches when he pouts and doesn't get his way.  That's twice now with two different coaches.  It's no accident.  And the refs in this league really do give him a wide, wide berth with the whistle.  It's sad.

He'll get his ring.  Not this year, but it's coming.  I'll be shocked if he mentions anyone but himself in that post-game presentation of his MVP.  Shocked.  He won't mention the fact that he had support from high school coaches; he won't mention the spring-board to his success that was the Cavaliers; he probably won't even mention his own teammates or coaches.  He'll talk about himself, probably in the third person, and he'll walk off the stage with contempt for his doubters. 

And right now, at this stage of his career, that is the true essence of this guy.  It's funny how many people in history have ascended to greatness with help from others, only to claim they did it themselves. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Jimmy,  please stop trying to convince us of LeBron's philanthropy.   Most of the events you allude to are ones to which he does not even show up in person unless the cameras are there.  Is he the only one?  No.  You could fill a book with athletes who've tried to look like better people than they really are.  If the new standard for rating athletes' morals is whether or not they've committed rape, then the bar is simply set too low.  Just listen to LeBron.  Listen to his words and their context.  It's not about team with him, it's really not.  For LeBron, it's all about himself.  To his credit, he's beginning to  learn that he cannot do this alone; there have been recent press conferences wherein he's given credit to others.  But just like Kobe, LeBron will shoot an off-balance, thirty five foot shot with a man wide-open or cutting to the basket with the game on the line.  Stupid, selfish ball.  No amount of propaganda can make up for selfish play on the court.  LeBron likes to bump his coaches when he pouts and doesn't get his way.  That's twice now with two different coaches.  It's no accident.  And the refs in this league really do give him a wide, wide berth with the whistle.  It's sad. He'll get his ring.  Not this year, but it's coming.  I'll be shocked if he mentions anyone but himself in that post-game presentation of his MVP.  Shocked.  He won't mention the fact that he had support from high school coaches; he won't mention the spring-board to his success that was the Cavaliers; he probably won't even mention his own teammates or coaches.  He'll talk about himself, probably in the third person, and he'll walk off the stage with contempt for his doubters.  And right now, at this stage of his career, that is the true essence of this guy.  It's funny how many people in history have ascended to greatness with help from others, only to claim they did it themselves. 
    Posted by soups

Soups, amen brother.  Very nicely summed up.  As great as he is, you hit the nail on the head.  Hope you are ready for the illogical retort from the" man" who claims not to idoloze pro athletes!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : lebron is a different kind of player than wade and pierce though lebron has the speed, athleticism, and body type to do what he does and get foul calls...the guy is a tank that moves like a gazelle...it makes calling the game at full speed very difficult for refs that usually older and not in peak shape... but more often than you would ever admit to, there is a genuine foul made...now if only lebron was a better FT shooter, he might have a ring by now...who knows but there are examples of this all around...the refs didnt really know how to call games for oscar robertson either...or chamberlin, or shaq... i feel, for the worse...refs in the NBA need to have their own flow to the game and what your complaining about is a part of that flow...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

This is true, although I am not old enough to have seen wilt and Oscar

Shaq was mauled his entire career and b/c he was 7'1" and 300+ they only called about a quarter of the times he was hit hard enough to knock another center to the floor b/c it looked like he was taking less abuse or was just so big that wa sthe only real way to defend him.

with LeBron there needs to be an edict by the league, not mentioning his name but sayign that if a player leaves the grounds as he slashes into the paint and his body connects with another player who is jumping straight up, it is a non-call, even if there are no set feet and one or both players end up on the ground.

If there is a swinging forearm by an offensive player, not the gently barely seen type with MJ in '98 or Pierce last week vs NY... but the blatent shoves of LBJ... that is an offensive foul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

whatever you say regular season champs hedley

soups, you make a alot fair points...i just think its old and tired with alot of the shots people are taking at lebron...fair enough? the man is a basketball player, not a politician...

and i generally agree rameakap but none of us are going to change how the NBA calls its games...so its kinda empty complaining IMO

anyways, im off to new hampshire, have a merry christmas all

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    It has become an ugly part of the game and the league needs to step in and outline what can and cannot be done. As we saw w/ the egregious call on Pierce last time we played the Heat, when LBJ sent him flying with a shoulder/forearm shiv... and they said 'blocking foul'... this black eye on the sport has to stop. You cannot let 265lb players get running starts and throw their bodies into others and somehow call the man whose body was sacrificed and thrown aside for a foul b/c their feet may not have been perfectly set or they made some minimal reactionary contact with the freight train that hit them. Disgusting
    Posted by rameakap

You just answered your own post. The defender has to remain absolutely motionless with feet established position. Big Baby is the only Celt who can and will take a charge without even flinching. Those are the rules.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I think that they should call the games fairly... I don't want to 'explain' why Kobe deserved to be paraded to the line in the 4th quarter when he was either not touched at all or barely grazed, b/c he is a 'star'??... I don't want to have to 'explain' why a defender took a ribcage rattling blow to his solarplex and yet the man that flung his body like a weapon into him gets two FT's. These things don't happen to the Celtics big 3, and I'd feel unhappy if they did. We have a blue collar team of old school pro's who play the game right and last year that wasn't rewarded with a fair 4th quarter game 7 and if it happens this year in the playoffs with James it will crush my spirit.
    Posted by rameakap

It applies to all stars. I believe that the last shot to beat the Knicks in NY by PP, he actually pushed the defender aside to get his shot off. There is favoritism towards stardom. It all balances out unless you have more studs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

well, if lebron can do it, i say we send davis in there and let him flatten bosh into a cheap little wimpy pancake.  320 lb vs. 230 lb, we know who will win.  labaron spends most of his time blustering over players who weigh 40 less than him anyway.  so what's 90 lb difference when we're throwing ourselves around.  Or let shak, all 350 of him start to plow around like lebron, and just happen to send band aid wade to the ice tub for a while.
    Posted by aciemvp

It's basketball, not the octagon. Maybe we should throw Shaq into an NFL game and see how long he survives that kind of physicality. Not long.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Lebron should be made to play in a dress.
    Posted by Kirk6

He'll just pirouette threw the lane like a ballerina and score. Rather see Shaq in a tutu and coconut cups for a brassiere. That would be sexy. Sexy because he can't score. Just occupies space. Why doesn't Shaq take the charges on LBJ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : It is absolutely disgusting the way the league is bent upon making Lebron into an icon.  Yes, he is a very talented player.  But he is also a picturebook example of why there should be a category of flagrant charge.  He can come barreling into a player and knock the heck out of them, only to be called for a charge.  At the same time, Baby hugs a guy and gets called for a flagrant foul. This is beyond ridiculous.
    Posted by prakash

How many consecutive wins do the Celts have? Have some cheese with your whine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I saw the end of the first and the entire second half. Miami is a good team, but not amongst the elite. Maybe in the future, but not this season. Dallas beat Miami on Miami's home's home court. IMO Dallas is probably the 3rd best team in the west behind the Spurs and Lakers. I love to watch a team of egomaniacs lose again.
    Posted by mem17

I think the league is nearly 100% egomaniacs. Not saying much about your own team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Something like this...
    Posted by Kirk6

Actually, that could turn on some of the Celts. Bad idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

LeBron commits a 'player control foul' 6-7x a game, gets called once, and cries about it. He travels another 6-7x a game, gets called once, and cries about it. I think Pierce probably gets away with 1-2 of each call a game, as do several all-stars around the game. The extend to which LeBron takes it, and to which the refs look the other way, is what is sickening
    Posted by rameakap

Some of this posting sounds like MJ as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Ummm that shows me that Pierce now averages 5-6 trips to the line so he used to average 9-10 when he had nobody on his team. wade had shaq and Wade gets called much more fairly then LeBron. He is an excellent slasher who was bange dup for a few years b/c he'd do Rondo like things and be put on his rear. Bron fouls others the WRONG way and gets sent to the line for it, which is the point of this thread. If Wade was covered by guys 2" and 35 lbs shorter than him and tossed them aside with forearms or was tyraveling and then bodychecking PF-C's b/c his 265lb frame can take it (instead of slipping in through them and being knocked down by the arns of rthe bigs) it would be another story. Sigh, some just don't get it
    Posted by rameakap

You are making me dizzy. Don't you have some xmas shopping to do or something?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : I'll let you know when you've won an argument.  Maybe sometime before the Heat beat the Celtics you can claim a victory.  Otherwise, you are still a fraud who only comes out when his team is doing well, and hides when your team loses.....................which is why you won't show your face the day after Christmas. And we will not "lay off " MeBron........you don't call the shots around here, and no one cares what you think anyway.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

It doesn't make JJ a fraud or troll but more of an agitator. I happen to agree with what he has to say though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : It doesn't make JJ a fraud or troll but more of an agitator. I happen to agree with what he has to say though.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

Wow, 10 consecutive posts disagreeing with people.  The record is 12, set by martini - but that's a story for another day.  Talk about not having a life, you are the pot calling the kettle black.  Not one positive thing about the Celtics in 10 posts - nice job!
    Don't care if you agree with JJ or not - he is a fraud who predicts dominance for his team, then hides when they lose.  What would you call it?  And I never called him a troll.  You, on the other hand.........................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : How many consecutive wins do the Celts have? Have some cheese with your whine.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

14 as of now.  But couldn't you have found that out without asking me publicly?

I don't like cheese with my wine.  The tastes don't match.  I like subtlety.  Like Paul Pierce's fakes, first step, change of speed, etc.  LeBron's trucking through the lane is kind of like a huge dose of Jalapeno.  Disgusting!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : This is true, although I am not old enough to have seen wilt and Oscar Shaq was mauled his entire career and b/c he was 7'1" and 300+ they only called about a quarter of the times he was hit hard enough to knock another center to the floor b/c it looked like he was taking less abuse or was just so big that wa sthe only real way to defend him. with LeBron there needs to be an edict by the league, not mentioning his name but sayign that if a player leaves the grounds as he slashes into the paint and his body connects with another player who is jumping straight up, it is a non-call, even if there are no set feet and one or both players end up on the ground. If there is a swinging forearm by an offensive player, not the gently barely seen type with MJ in '98 or Pierce last week vs NY... but the blatent shoves of LBJ... that is an offensive foul.
    Posted by rameakap

Youre a little off base about Shaq.

Shaq received tremendous favoritism while with the Lakers (as all Lakers do). He was legendary for smashing defenders with elbows in the post for position, knocking them flying and never being called for it. Shaq was Lebron-like in that regard. He should have fouled out of every game with what he got away with.

He took his share of hits too but he got away with murder in the post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : You just answered your own post. The defender has to remain absolutely motionless with feet established position. Big Baby is the only Celt who can and will take a charge without even flinching. Those are the rules.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

And I'm saying it would be worth it to see Davis or Shaq turn one of those into a sidewalk slam and just bury labaron a quarter inch deep into the wood.  Someone has to do it.  If I played with a dude like that I would get so sick of it I wouldn't care what happens.  It reaches a point where enough is enough.

Sections
Shortcuts