Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : You just answered your own post. The defender has to remain absolutely motionless with feet established position. Big Baby is the only Celt who can and will take a charge without even flinching. Those are the rules.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

Yes I think a statement needs to be made that offensive players cannot leave their feet and throw their bodies (often w/ forearm extended) into defensive players who are jumping straight up with hands extended in the air or while feet are moving slightly... it is just BS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

It will be interesting to see if the referees allow the same level of "star calling" moving forward or if this game is a remnant from last year. So far, they have not allowed Lebron to travel and charge against the Celtics this year. I really hope that this is an aberration and not a sign of things to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    It will be interesting to see if the referees allow the same level of "star calling" moving forward or if this game is a remnant from last year. So far, they have not allowed Lebron to travel and charge against the Celtics this year. I really hope that this is an aberration and not a sign of things to come.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

You have another article from 2007 that justifies your claim?

You're a fraud, man!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : It's basketball, not the octagon. Maybe we should throw Shaq into an NFL game and see how long he survives that kind of physicality. Not long.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

well yes, you are exactly right, so why is mebron flying in with MMA moves down the lane trying to knock people out?  i'm talking a one time self defense, send a message, put the brat down for a nap so he can think aobut what he is doing, not de-volving the nba into an ongoing scrum.

a bully only gets away with what he can get away WITH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

james looks like a HS fullback

runnnin up the middle,  throwing hips, elbows and straight arms.

laffable is Pierce getting favoritism!

durant.. kome ...james get the calls especially whan it matters most

and games in Utah are so biased

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

james looks like a HS fullback runnnin up the middle,  throwing hips, elbows and straight arms.  laffable is Pierce getting favoritism! durant.. kome ...james get the calls especially whan it matters most and games in Utah are so biased
    Posted by dbeach48

I agree with you about LeBron.  You would think he is playing football instead of basketball. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, the little fairy running the NBA likes it this way. Lebron is an NBA poster boy and as such is allowed to get away with just about anything.

Ive seen too much of him pushing players, ramming into them, elbowing them...then whinning to the refs.. Never a T called on the kid either.

Then some people come on this forum and cry the NBA and its refs dont cheat. How two faced.  Its been going on for quite a while but I guess it sells tickets/merchandise.   Money is the bottom line and true, longtime NBA followers just have to suffer with it or move on to greener pastures...

Stern and his minnions have  wrecked the game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

anyone see Kobe get a double tech and booted out of a game the other day.  apparently he was so pissed they finally called a charge on him that he was infuriated and just showed how used to special treatment a few players in the league are used to getting night in and night out.  it is pretty embarrasing as a fan of the game to watch the league and the refs continue to fail at just calling a clean game straigt up.  shouldn't be so hard to do since basically everyone calls the integrity of the league officiating into question all the time.  maybe that wouldn't happen if they just called the game and not the players.  sort of feel like it is watching what would be historically considered a disgrace or tragecy of the game like the black sox in baseball's history.  I hope this era is looked at like the steroid era of baseball once it is written into history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

anyone see Kobe get a double tech and booted out of a game the other day.  apparently he was so pissed they finally called a charge on him that he was infuriated and just showed how used to special treatment a few players in the league are used to getting night in and night out.  it is pretty embarrasing as a fan of the game to watch the league and the refs continue to fail at just calling a clean game straigt up.  shouldn't be so hard to do since basically everyone calls the integrity of the league officiating into question all the time.  maybe that wouldn't happen if they just called the game and not the players.  sort of feel like it is watching what would be historically considered a disgrace or tragecy of the game like the black sox in baseball's history.  I hope this era is looked at like the steroid era of baseball once it is written into history.
    Posted by jeezem

True, its a sad state of affairs, I love the game, but last years finals and certain moments this year disgust me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

dear hedley...merry christmas

from the miami heat and jimmy

enjoy and may your new years be as fun as ours will be

Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"last years finals and certain moments this year disgust me"

What bothered you about last year's Finals? The fact the better team won?That the home team got some breaks in Game 7? That tradition is as old as the NBA, which is why you need home court advantage which the Celtics did not manage to get (or come anywhere close to getting). 

Perkins out and KG gimpy and LA shutting down Rondo sealed our fate. There were some annoying things about that series but the really frustrating thing is when bad calls swing a game or series to the arguably inferior team. That wasn't the case last year. 

Having said that, I think the Celtics would be the better team if we meet again this year, and I think in that case we'll have the winning result - assuming the Lakes can even make the finals... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

" last years finals and certain moments this year disgust me" What bothered you about last year's Finals? The fact the better team won?That the home team got some breaks in Game 7? That tradition is as old as the NBA, which is why you need home court advantage which the Celtics did not manage to get (or come anywhere close to getting).  Perkins out and KG gimpy and LA shutting down Rondo sealed our fate. There were some annoying things about that series but the really frustrating thing is when bad calls swing a game or series to the arguably inferior team. That wasn't the case last year.  Having said that, I think the Celtics would be the better team if we meet again this year, and I think in that case we'll have the winning result - assuming the Lakes can even make the finals... 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

when the refs let team play with minimal contact being no-calls for 3 quarters (and C's take 13 pt lead) then clamp down and call NO contact fouls on the Celtics and HACKS by the Lakers get ignored then an even series is swung unfairly in favor of a team that did not deserve to win.

Sections
Shortcuts