Miami punches the Lakers in the grill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill:
    Lakers are lucky their season was front loaded again...9-1 at home...1-6 on the road....currently 7th seed in the West....as for the Celts...? ...methinks the rebuilding is about to begin...this year might be a mirror of last year...if the Celts luck into the playoffs they may get swept...Lakers look to be one and done...neither team has a shot at a championship in my opinion....but that's just me...
    Posted by Duke4

hey duke, you don't come around as much anymore, I wonder why? And you start right off with your statistiscal machinations. Fact is, the Lakers played more games in than anyone to start it off and with new coach and system. Cs have no excuses. the Lakers will be in the thick of things forever while the Cs are done for two decades, just like before the Mchale gift. That's what methinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : In my lifetime there are only 2 sports dreams that I need to come true. First, the Celts raise banner 18, and the Celts picking first in the draft. After that everything else will be a bonus.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Agree with you that it would be great to see the Celtics picking # 1 in the draft.  This takes a certain amount of luck, but at least if the Celtics continue to struggle they have a better chance of accomplishing this.   They may have another opportunity for banner # 18, but not this year.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

It was funny the Fakers against the Heat,  the Heat up by 20 in the 4th quarter and the brilliant Faker coach still has KOME out there chucking shots 1 a  minute.  Ends up scoring abou 12-14 pt in garbage time after bricking it the whole game.  Played about 40 minutes.  Even the announcers were wondering why the Fakers didn't sit people and rest for the Magic.  I guess KOME needed to keep his average up.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Hey, how is it different from Doc? Celts are playing for the #1 pick, so why play KG, RA, and PP at all? Even playing them for 10 minutes are too much. Should have sit them all for the rest of the season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Lakers are lucky their season was front loaded again...9-1 at home...1-6 on the road....
    Posted by Duke4

You think 9-1 at home is that easy?

Try a lucky, front-loaded schedule: 4-5 at home, 1-4 on the road...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Tim Legler was asked why Kobe was still in the game to start the 4th Qtr down 20 or so with no chance to win the game...after the entire crew tried to answer the question they speculated, then Tim said...and I quote..."Mike Brown must've wanted to get Kobe his points so that, in the morning, looking at the box score, Kobe's stats would look more favorable when compared to LeBron's.....talk about keeping the supreme prima dona happy....as I said before....Kobe and Tiger are two of a kind....both on and off the court...!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : Every Celtic loss only brings the Celtics closer to getting Anthony Davis. If the Lakers don't win a championship this year then the Lakers also failed. The difference is the Celtics will have something to look forward to in June. Believe me, I would rather be 2-12 right now than 5-9.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Every Celtic loss will more likely bring you Randy Foye II, Jerome Moiso II, Jeff Green II, given your draft history over the past 2 decades. And if you draft a stud, he'll blossom for another team, like Chauncey or Joe Johnson...

So you can keep praying for the draft.

And if the Lakers don't win a championship then the Lakers also failed? according to whom? Don't forget, you brag about losing the 2nd round 4-1 as better than getting swept, so even 1 win in the 2nd round is something to brag about...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : Celts and Lakers made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. Celts ended up with 5 total wins while the Lakers only ended up with 4 total wins.

So more regular season wins are better, or in general, making the playoffs better than missing the playoffs, your logic.

If you want to talk Lakers vs. Celtics then you lose. Head to head the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Finals and regular season.

Head to head? The Wizards beat the Thunder head to head, doesn't mean much. The league does not just consist of the Lakers and the Celtics.

How did the Celtics get KG and Ray Allen? #5 pick in 2007 and #15 pick in 2005, right?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wrong, #15 pick is NOT a lottery pick. Al Jefferson was NOT a lottery pick in 2004. The Celtics got swept by the Pacers in the first round in the 2004 playoffs? but your memory failed you again.

Getting KG and Allen was all due to McHale's gift (KG as gift, then attracted Allen). No McHale as Wolves GM, you won't get lucky anymore. Maybe McHale can convince the Rockets GM to give you Luis Scola...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

McHale's gift? How about Jerry West's gift to the Lakers in 2008?

How about it? That gift was at the expense of another up-and-coming centre. Even Pop recently admitted that the trade benefitted both teams. Is Al Jefferson helping the Wolves? The gift of KG got McHale fired!!!!

The league doesn't only consist of the Lakers and the Celtics but you're a troll bragging about the Lakers on a forum for Celtic fans.

Yes, a forum for Celtic fans on a subject called "Miami punches the Lakers in the grill". I mean, there is a "XXX punches the Lakers in the grill" when the Lakers lose. Guess that inferiority complex of being 2nd fiddle to the Lakers is still eating you folks up.

"Since we are bad, at least we can take consolation that you lose."

When matched-up head to head the Celts beat the Lakers, in the regular season and in the Finals.

The Celtics can beat the Lakers but can't make the playoffs 16 times. So beating the Lakers can only be amount to one conclusion: an upset. Remember:

16-15-9-11-7-5 vs 17-4-11-11-6-16

The reason of the Celtics being 2nd fiddle is exactly because of what you preached: they rely too much on the lottery. They think the lottery actually means achievement...

The 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th numbers are pretty close. The only differences are the 2nd and 6th numbers:

Finals: 15-4
    Missing playoffs: 5-16

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : You can put up all the numbers that you want, but it will not change the fact that the Celtics have 17 championships. The Lakers have 16 championships but you need to include the 5 from Minneapolis just to reach 16.
    Posted by Fiercest34

It will not change the fact that the Celtics missed the playoffs 16 times either. Tough fact to swallow, huh?

The Lakers had one more, from Minn's NBL championship that you count, remember? Even though everyone else in the world count 16 for the Lakers, you can't. You count their 1947-48 NBL season.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : Yeah, I count 17 championships for the Lakers. Tell all your Laker buddies that and see if they would believe you. I mean you're really that desperate that you need a Celtic fan like me to acknowledge the Lakers' greatness?

It's good to get a Celtic fan like you to CONCEDE to the Lakers' greatness. That's a confession/concession/admission to freeze your argument, that you have no more 17-16 BS. For you, it's 17 all.

I don't need to count 17, but you count 17 for us. You tried to use the Lakers' NBL season to count 65 seasons for the Lakers, without knowing that the Lakers winning the 1947-48 NBL championships. That's why you got hooked.

I mean what's your objective here? Us Celtic fans come here to talk Celtics. How about you, you trying to convert us to Laker fans? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

No, I am just using your own argument to argue against you...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : You can use whatever argument you want. Will it change the fact that the Celts have 17 championships and are owning the Lakers in the regular season and Finals? Of course not!

That's not a fact. How is

16-15-9-11-7-5 vs 17-4-11-11-6-16

owning the Lakers? You are that master of distortion.

But we have a 9-3 edge in the finals? you say?

"but where were the Celtics when the Lakers won 13 of their championships"? nowhere to be seen.

It's a discredit, not a credit, you should know that.

And I'm not denying the fact that the Lakers are a great team. But they're only the 2nd greatest NBA team behind the Celtics.

Not according to public opinion. Your bias opinion doesn't count. Try

http://www.rankopedia.com/Best-NBA-franchise-ever/Step1/781/.htm
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Intro
    http://www.helium.com/items/1397981-lakers-celtics-nba-franchise-dynasty
    http://nba-franchise.pikimal.com/los-angeles-lakers/vs/boston-celtics/for/all-time-winning-percentage
    http://www.bukisa.com/articles/413204_the-best-sports-franchises-in-the-world

There is really nothing you can do to whitewash the 16 missed playoffs and the 22-year drought. 17 championships can't compensate.  Not to mention:

- your cohort RedRust's claim that it's more than # championships to rank greatness
    - your cohort DoctorCO's claim of the Steelers ruling the NFL, despite only 6 championships to the Packers' 13.

I mean seriously, the Lakers needed Bill Sharman to coach the Lakers just so the Lakers can win their first championship in 1973. Did you know that? Or did you know Bill Sharman is a Celtic great? Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I mean seriously, you telling me that the 1972 Sharman was on the Celtics' payroll?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : Again post all the numbers you want. It won't change the fact that the Celts have beaten the Lakers 9 times out of 12 and the Celts have beaten the Lakers 153 times out of 274 total regular season games. And come on, the Lakers needed a Celtic Great to coach them just so they could break the 8 straight Finals losses they were on. I don't know if you've been to Staples Center but when you look up there are only 12 Laker banners hanging on the rafters. I mean come on, even Dr. Jerry Buss doesn't think highly of those 5 that came from Minneapolis. Ha Ha  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Again, cherry pick facts aren't going to save you. How about the fact of

16-15-9-11-7-5 vs 17-4-11-11-6-16?

It doesn't change the fact that the Lakers have better performance over the Celtics overall...

So the Lakers won the 1972 championship because of a Celtic great? too bad they didn't put that banner in the Garden. You know you are getting desparate...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : How could I be the one who's desperate here. I'm a Celtic fan on a forum for Celtic fans. I'm not the one who's trying to educate anybody else here. Ugh! And all the numbers you just posted means nothing because you just made that up. It's called manipulating the facts. Dr. Jerry Buss is a poker player, but even Dr. Buss would never call your bluff. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Of course you are desperate, you are still posting on a Miami/Lakers thread. What does that have to do with the Celtics?

I made the numbers up? Tell me which number was made up. I'll see how you can get out of your lie...

Manipulating facts == only mention the times the Celtics made the finals, while discarding the times they missed the playoffs. It's as if losing in the finals are worse than missing the playoffs...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : In the NBA there are no silver medals. It's either you win the Larry O'Brien trophy or you're just another team who participated. And again, I don't care about the numbers you just made up. Post your source, give us a link, or post the article here. Those are just numbers made up by a troll with an amoeba for a brain. Ugh! 
    Posted by Fiercest34

In the NBA reaching the finals is much better than missing the playoffs. That's a fact you can't deny. You are even bragging about the Bulls getting the best record in the east (haven't even reached the finals).

Your denial of reaching the finals is fruitless, since you know the Lakers smash the Celtics in that regard, 15 finals vs 16 missing playoffs.

You don't care about the numbers I posted, but they are facts you can't deny, no matter how you twist them. Reaching the finals is an achievement, much better than missing the playoffs.

In other words,

16-15 in the finals trumps 17-4 with 16 missing playoffs ANYTIME.

You want source?

Lakers
    champs: 16
    finalists: 15
    final 4: 9
    final 8: 11
    final 16: 7
    missing playoffs: 5

Celtics
    champs: 17
    finalist: 4
    final 4: 11
    final 8: 11
    final 16: 6
    missing playoffs: 16

Sources:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/

Go ahead, I dare you refute any of those numbers.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Miami punches the Lakers in the grill : I don't have to refute anything.

So you cannot refute the facts I posted? good.

What matters to me is the Celts have more championships than the Lakers. Like I said, it's not like the Olympics where you count the silver and bronze medals. In the NBA, like Kobe said, if you don't win in the NBA Finals you're just the first loser. I mean come on, Kobe is more credible than you, right?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fortunately, that's what matters to YOU. However, that's not how it works in the real world, thus your opinion doesn't mean jack, like missing the playoffs is an achievement because it gets you to the lottery...

As far as Kobe's claim is concern:

1) he's wrong, losing finalist is not the first loser, it's the LAST loser. The first losers are the ones not making the playoffs, then the ones losing in the first round... They lost earlier than the losing finalists, true or false?

2) ask Kobe again whether he wanted to lose in final or lose in the 2nd round.

3) Kobe's opinion more creditable? he said the Lakers were going to win 4 straight after down 0-3.

4) your fellow fans' accolades on the Celtics after losing the 2010 finals just refuted your nonsense big-time. They lost in the finals, but the fans actually appreciated the achievement.

You are getting nowhere if you have to rely on Kobe's opinion to save you...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts