Micah Downs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Micah Downs

I think Micah is another one of those "causes matchup problems" type of players. He is quick enough to play the 2, but he's tall, slender and long. I think he can help.

Its funny to think that we've turned into a team of swing players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Snake and I suggested this weeks ago.  Downs has played well.  Might be worth it to bring him up and take a quick look.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm no expert, but from some limited summer league and D league experience observing Micah, he plays HARD but he also can be prone to over-player and causing turnovers, aka his game is not crisp like a Vet or player playing abroad.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Snake and I suggested this weeks ago.  Downs has played well.  Might be worth it to bring him up and take a quick look.

I suggested MD a while back but got no agreement. Right now he is probably the best and least expensive player that we could sign. 10 day whatever give him a chance.. he does know the system and is a freak athlete (for a white guy):) I like him!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Downs is an NBA player.  Really good athlete and does everything well.  I thnk he can help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Downs is pesky and pesky is good for deep bench guy and he's long , he wpould be a good pick up from D league. I like Pargo too. he's always done well when given the PT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I suggested MD a while back but got no agreement. Right now he is probably the best and least expensive player that we could sign. 10 day whatever give him a chance.. he does know the system and is a freak athlete (for a white guy):) I like him!

"Maybe because Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa were all still healthy when you suggested MD."

I'd have to go back and see but they were healthy.  Doc wasn't playing Sully much nor Barbosa and we needed some quick length..great for the up tempo game ..voila!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

No one from the D-league is going to help this team win a championship.  MD may fill a spot but we will need something better to win in the playoffs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

No one from the D-league is going to help this team win a championship.  MD may fill a spot but we will need something better to win in the playoffs.  

No one thinks downs is going to help win a championship.

We're just talking basketball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

They need players to simply help fill minutes, not win a championship. A championship caliber player will require one to be given up. This team does not have talent or chemistry issues. They need bodies that can capably fill spot minutes so they can be strong for a playoff run. Thye are only a couple games out of the three slot and the current team has high quailty wins. Denver game coming out of break will be the one to watch as a test.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

really micah downs is the answer  really

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Oh good!  All problems solved.  Banner 18 on the way!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

+1 he has not been offered a 10-day contract this year for a reason! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Do people have the ability to have a basketball conversation on this board?

Does anyone think that anyone on this post has suggested that Downs will solve any problem?

It's a thread like this that separates the guys that like to talk hoops from the guys that don't. 

No one is suggesting that Downs is going to help with a championship.  It's purely a conversation about a basketball player that might get a shot in the NBA.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No matter what happens, Danny said that they would have a "full" roster by the 21st.  Interpret that however you want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Does anyone think that anyone on this post has suggested that Downs will solve any problem?

It's a thread like this that separates the guys that like to talk hoops from the guys that don't. 

No one is suggesting that Downs is going to help with a championship.  It's purely a conversation about a basketball player that might get a shot in the NBA.  

Great reply Snake! We all like to see players suceed, especially the ones that really put out the effort. I'm sure Danny has his own agenda but we all have to call it as we see it..that's the value of a forum.

+10

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Great reply Snake! We all like to see players suceed, especially the ones that really put out the effort. I'm sure Danny has his own agenda but we all have to call it as we see it..that's the value of a forum.

+10

He can come in and play 10 minutes ,that would help